How to Pour Oil Into a gas trimmer
Trimmer, or lawn mowing – a tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- Mineral – based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- Semi-synthetic – suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- Synthetic – based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. Moreover, the last of them is most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence in the garden arsenal of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower, it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a better price. If it is necessary only to mix with gasoline and fill a single tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more than expected, soot forms on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to a speedy engine breakdown.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, the fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of the gasoline, 1 is part of the oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the right ratio.
To measure proportions correctly, use measuring tanks with a milliliter scale. For these purposes, a special canister with a double neck is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storage of oil gasoline. For example, oil can be filled with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure that the tank for the finished fuel mixture is free of water, dust and particles of dirt.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- Oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- Canister, better metal;
- Mixing tank, also better metal;
Video: How to Pour Oil Into a gas trimmer
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about the fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- It is better to carry out work on the street in order to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- Do not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- Try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- If the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- With a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. In this case, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.
Author: Alexey Parkhomenko
Expert categories "Hand and power tool"
Many of its components are responsible for the quality of the gasoline generator. How the power plant will work, what current will be supplied and whether it will give a stable voltage, depends equally on its mechanisms, and on the assembly, and on the quality of the materials used.
And even from the manufacturer. However, there are two leading and determining elements – the alternator and the engine.
If the generator motor is good and works “like a watch”, then there are no problems. Today I will tell you how to care for the engine in order to achieve exactly the desired result – long-term operation without failures and repairs.
I always warn inexperienced users that the gasoline engine is not a simple mechanism, it requires a lot of attention, regular inspection and maintenance. One of the most important stages of care is oil change.
Any gasoline 4-stroke engine cannot function normally without oil of a certain viscosity, as well as with its small amount or development. A side effect will be like this. A sharp increase in normal operating temperature, rapid erasure of the compression rings, paste on the cylinder, which will lead to premature wear of the motor or a critical breakdown.
In this article I will try to tell in detail what oil to pour into the gasoline generator, what interval to observe, what grade and viscosity the oil should have.
Choose a brand of oil
To the question of which oil to fill in, the best answer is high-quality. This is the case if you love your gene and wish it long life. After all, often premature failure of the generator is attributed to the manufacturer – they say, factory defects and poor quality. But actually you yourself are to blame – fill in bad oil.
Often, a bona fide manufacturer clearly indicates which oil for the gas generator should be used so as not to harm the equipment. The brand is registered in the data sheet.
If there is no such information, then I recommend:
How often do oil changes?
An oil change has a certain interval, which is prescribed for each generator in its data sheet, but there are times when the documentation is not always available or the passport may be in a foreign language. For example, a recommendation to run-in is unlikely to be found there. Meanwhile, it is very important for the normal life of your station.
Oil change tips:
- If the product is new, the first replacement should occur after 5 hours of operation. This is the very “run-in” that I talked about. New parts seem to “grind” to each other, smoothen microroughnesses. At the same time, the oil absorbs all metal particles, it becomes waste – black and cloudy. This consistency must be drained and changed;
- The second replacement occurs (on average) – after 20-25 hours of operation. This is the optimal replacement interval, despite the fact that the generator coped with the loads;
- I recommend the third oil change after 50 hours of operation. Subsequent replacements can be at intervals of both 50 and 100 hours. This indicator depends on the manufacturer or the engine installed on the generator. I recommend that you strictly adhere to the specified interval in the technical passport of the generator itself.
The very first step is to turn off the power plant and install it smoothly and reliably. Then the used oil for the gasoline generator needs to be drained, and in exchange to fill in fresh.
- A little warm up the used oil, turning on the engine for 10-15 minutes. So it will merge easier;
- Under the drain hole we substitute a bucket or other container (1-5 l);
- Bottom – drain plug. In different oil sumps, it looks different. Sometimes this is a bolt that we do not completely unscrew, but slightly weaken its fastening;
- Oil starts to flow. The process takes some time. You must wait and make sure that all used oil has leaked;
- After draining, tighten the drain bolt and pour new oil into the reservoir through the crankcase plug;
- Check if the oil level is sufficient. In the crankcase, it must be threaded. We twist the lid as tight as possible. Oil change is complete. The device can work further
In no case do not neglect the timely replacement of oil, because this is fraught with engine failure, additional cash costs for its restoration and loss of time. Practice shows that even a person who has never done this can independently replace in the shortest possible time.