How To Put The Line On The Trimmer
Coil with two working tendrils
In this type of spool, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line, lying on the inside of the spool:
- One groove. both tendrils are wound together in one groove;
- Two grooves. each tendril is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.In single-groove reels, the line is pulled into a through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod side. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded through them or held with the fingers of the free hand, they are threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is closed and attached to the trimmer bar.
The difference in line winding in two-groove spools is that initially a 2-5 m long line segment is folded in half (to determine the mid-bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each along its own groove, fixing the antennae and assembling the coil is similar to the above-described option with one groove.
The first execution of this procedure, perhaps, will seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The following will clearly show how to thread the line into the trimmer spool and wind it correctly. this operation is NOT difficult and with some patience it will certainly be crowned with success:
Coil with one working tendril
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the reel and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of the line for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse rotation of the spool in the direction of the trimmer. as a rule, on the inside of the bobbin an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is being carried out.
- A small section of the fishing line is left free to lead it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin into working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working position of the motor and coil at the bottom, as a rule, have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is disconnected, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does NOT jump out and does NOT get lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with special lamb: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the wing nut that fixes the Bobbin on the bar with the other hand. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight Bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual position is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third options, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In the bobbins, a lamb is unscrewed from the lamb, in the coils, the latches are pressed from the latch and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
How to insert line into the trimmer spool? Instructions
The warranty production of the factory trimmer refueling will inevitably require line replacement. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the trimmer reel on their own, beginners are reluctant to take up this business. However, with some skills, mastering this simple teaching does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will make this process as easy as possible.
We wind the fishing line
Slowly completed disassembly of the spool-spool without losing its spare parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the spool design and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Automatic line winding to a spool
There is a type of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds itself. from the user it is enough only to correctly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through a hole on the inner part of the body, its antennae without winding are passed through the hole on the outer body, the reel is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the fishing line inside is wound independently. It is impossible to make the winding wrong in such a spool: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only spin in one direction.
How to change line to trimmer
Below we have provided Step-by-step instructions for replacing a whine trimmer.
The first thing to do is unplug the tool and turn off the engine. Then you need to remove the trimmer head. This can be done by using a simple screwdriver, lowered it into the hole of the gearbox to prevent the shaft from turning. And then just Unscrew
They are usually unscrewed in a clockwise direction, but different models have different mechanisms, so it may be necessary to twist in the opposite direction. But if suddenly, for some reason, you cannot figure it out, then we strongly recommend that you refer to the user manual to understand how to disconnect it
Second. After removing the mowing head, open it. This can be done by means of clamps, which are located opposite each other. Pressing on them, you can remove the head cover, and then pull out the spool on which the fishing line is wound. By pulling it out, you can determine what type it belongs to. There are bobbins one-piece and two-piece
We analyze how to thread the line into the trimmer spool in two versions
So, option one. load the fishing line into a single-section reel. The prepared piece of thread is folded in half and pushed into the spool. Then, we begin to wind both ends in the same direction, which will be indicated by the arrow on the spool. At the end of the winding, do not forget to check that the different ends of the thread are looking in different directions.
Option two. winding the line with a two-piece reel. The pre-prepared thread is divided into two parts, and its ends, must be fixed: this must be done by placing them in special fasteners
Winding is carried out, as in the first case, along the arrow indicated on the spool. Both segments must be wound so that they do NOT overlap. Further, the ends of the thread must be fixed in the grooves and spread on opposite sides.
The spring is then inserted into the reel and the whole thing is placed in the mowing head. When placing the coil in the trimmer you need to gently hold the spring parallel to insert the line into the cut of the mower head. And in the end, it just needs to be secured with the final part, that is, with a lid.
After threading the trimmer, you need to check it. If you did everything correctly, everything will work, but if you make a mistake, we recommend that you read the article again, or even better, if you look at how to install the line on the reel in the trimmers.
How to remove the line from the trimmer spool
Over time, the cutting element of the head wears out, and it becomes necessary to pull out the remnants of the old line. But not everyone knows how to do it. Our step-by-step instructions plus how to pull the thread from the trimmer spool, which you can find on the net, will help in solving this issue.
The mowing head must be disassembled
Remove the cover using the clips
Cleaning up the remnants of cutting material
Complicated? Of course not. But if, nevertheless, doubts creep into you that for some reason you will NOT be able to do this, then of course find and see how to pull out or how to wind the thread onto the spool of the lawn mowers.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
05 July 2018
The trimmer is a great solution for those who have a large garden or lawn near the house, which needs to be constantly trimmed. But like any other tool, sometimes it requires intervention. After some time, it will become necessary to replace certain elements, and this will have to be learned.
How can this be done? To replace the main cutter, you must first select it correctly. In principle, the lawn mower instruction manual should indicate the diameter of the thread to be used in it.
When you have acquired the required cutting element, try to install it correctly. It should be noted that there are a huge number on the Internet. Which will help you figure out how to properly thread the line into the trimmer spool.
How to replace the line with an electric trimmer
In fact, it makes no difference which oblique you use, be it electric or gasoline. Threading is the same. The only difference is that if you use a gasoline scythe, you get more freedom, since it is NOT limited by the cable, which is present on the electric scythe
Yes, do not hesitate to use special rollers for installing or threading the line in an electric scythe, which can teach you much faster than simple reading.
No cord feed, coil does NOT spin
An automatic or semi-automatic head should feed the line without stopping the machine. But if She does not come out, then the reasons may be as follows:
- The line in the reel is not wound correctly, because of which the latter does NOT spin;
- The cord is not wound evenly, and the thread can get stuck between the turns (the thread should be wound neatly, turn to turn, without distortion)
- Too short ends of the thread come out of the holes, as a result of which there is not enough centrifugal force to extract them, and the line is NOT fed (it is recommended to always adjust the length of the cord by pulling it slightly before starting the unit)
- The line is stuck together (will be discussed later).
To remove the trimmer head, you will need to completely disassemble it.
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you must press on the latches (latches) located on both sides.
- After removing the cover, you will see a spool that needs to be removed from the body. Some spools have a spring under the bobbin, which must be carefully pulled out to avoid losing it in the grass.
- When you remove the bobbin, you will see a slotted screw for a Phillips or flathead screwdriver in the center of the case. It is possible that there may be a hex bolt or a nozzle “star”.
- Using a screwdriver, selecting the required bit (bit), it is required to Unscrew the bolt (counterclockwise).
- After removing the fasteners, grasp the body of the part and, swing it in different directions, Remove it from the gearbox shaft.
If the line breaks frequently, this may be due to the following reasons:
- Stones, small branches and other solid obstacles come across in the grass;
- Users are mowing the grass right next to the fence, and if it is mesh, it cuts off even faster “antennae”;
- Poor cord quality (it is recommended to purchase a quality one)
- The outlet holes in the mowing head are worn out, which causes the line to be erased on the sharp edges of the bushings and break off (a complete replacement of the part will be required).
How to remove and disassemble a coil
Before starting the process of changing the cord, it becomes necessary for trimmer users to remove and disassemble the coil. Let’s see how to do it.
The trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a cover, a spring (not on all models), a spool with a cord and a cover.
In trimmers, 2 options for mounting the mowing head are most often used.
The line is flying out
The reason that the cord unwinds after starting the unit may also be due to the weakening of the spring inside the head. In addition, there are times when the mowing head flies apart when the machine is turned on, and the spring installed in it is lost. Inexperienced users do NOT notice the absence of a spring and assemble this unit without it. Therefore, the cord does NOT hold, and under the influence of centrifugal force flies out.
What can be used instead of fishing line
Many users of trimmers ask themselves the question: what can be used to replace the default cord used in this kind of machines? Begin unsafe experiments by installing metal or copper wires, metal ropes or strings, and ordinary fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install a metal cable instead of a fishing line, the trimmer turns into a dangerous device Not only for the user, but also for those around. This fact is explained by the fact that during the operation of the unit, the steel cable will gradually be triggered, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will scatter in different directions at high speed.
And if you accidentally hook your or someone else’s leg while working with a steel cable (wire), then a strong and deep tissue incision, and in some cases amputation of your toes, is guaranteed. The manufacturer does NOT use nylon for THESE purposes in vain, since it is light and strong enough, and when it comes off it does not fly far away and cannot cause injury.
Of course, you can use fishing line in the trimmer instead of the standard one, but this will add extra trouble to you, since it wears out quickly, tears, mows slowly and is NOT suitable for cutting tough grass. In addition, when carrying out work, a lot of time is lost to replace the broken tool more than once.
In practice, the installation of a conventional line is justified if the user is going to mow the grass near the fence, especially if he is from the netting. In this case, in order to protect the standard, and sometimes expensive, line from wear and tear, it is changed to a fishing line, which is not a complaint. Usually, in order to change the line to the line, it must be selected The greatest thickness. 2-3 mm.
Users of trimmers, both gasoline and electric, sometimes have problems with the cord. “Advanced” Owners of mowers easily cope with difficulties in automotive products, understanding why this happens, and for beginners, these are problems that have no rational explanation. But in fact, everything is solved quite simply. The most common problems that happen with the line are as follows.
The thread does NOT hold
It happens that the thread is unwound if the spring in the semi-automatic head has weakened. The line is constantly extended and cut with a knife installed on the cover, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the line “climbed”, spring replacement is required.
Some reels have a second method of securing the cord: you can charge 2 pieces of yarn instead of one folded in half. The line is replaced according to the following algorithm.
- Before you change or load a new thread into the spool, determine how many meters it will take using the method described above.
- One end of the cord Fold into a hook.
- Find the hole at the bottom of the bobbin for fixing the line, and insert the end of the thread bent in a loop into it.
- It is required to wind the cord according to the direction of the arrow to the required level, and not exceeding the coil diameter.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment.
- The assembly of the head does not differ in any way from the method that was given when it was considered threading the bobbin with a piece of line folded in half.
For Shtil lawn mowers, there is a very simple and quick way to change the line without disassembling the mowing head, which you can get acquainted with by looking at this.
The ends of the cord protruding from the holes in the casing can be cut to the desired length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done in two ways:
- Turned on the trimmer (when rotating, the ends of the line will be cut into a knife, fixed for THESE purposes on the protective casing)
- Cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they DO NOT touch the casing body.
The second method is used if a large diameter cord had to be supplied, and the edging knife cannot shorten it.
If a charge was made to whine into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is insufficient, then they must be lengthened before starting the machine. this applies to the head with manual adjustment. However, there are cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they do NOT automatically lengthen. In this case, it is necessary to turn off the unit (on electrical apparatus, it is imperative to unplug the plug from the socket), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little line. After this procedure, the cord can again be extended due to centrifugal force, if you set the maximum spindle speed.
How to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on the recently purchased trimmers, are trying to wind a new one, but they cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue.
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer. this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with a bottom-mounted motor (when it is in the ground while working), the reels usually have two keys on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When disassembling, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to grab the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the Trimmer Bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying NOT to lose the spring inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver does NOT crawl even deeper and the coil will lock. Now steep the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled using snaps or a twisted lamb. If the coil is on latches, then press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection between the two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
If your coil is designed to work with only one tendril, then it’s simple. You need to unwind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find a hole on the inside of the reel for the fixing line, insert one end of the line there and start winding the line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the reel on the trimmer. On the inside of the reel, they usually indicate with an arrow in which direction to wind the line. I wound the fishing line, we leave a small piece of it unwound to put it out. We fix this piece in a specially groove located on the inner part of the reel and designed so that at the time of collecting the reel, the line does NOT unwind. If there is such a groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the further collection of the coil. Next, we take the outer part of the coil and threading the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, collect and put the coil back on the trimmer.
If the coil is designed to work with two tendrils, then do the following. On the inside of the reel, we look at how many grooves there are for winding the fishing line. There may be one or two of them. If there is only one groove, then both tendrils are wound along this one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna is wound along its own groove. Reels with one groove should have a through hole through which the fishing line is threaded. We rewind 2-4 m of fishing line, threading it through this hole so that the fishing line sticks out equally on each side. And we simultaneously wind both tendrils of the fishing line in one direction, opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil to the trim tabs and coinciding with the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the coil. We leave a little of the fishing line unwound, the resulting ends We fix in the Special grooves, and if they are not there, we hold them with our fingers. Threading both ends into the existing holes on the outer casing of the coil. We collect the coil and fasten it to the trimmers.
If there are two grooves, fold a piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half. Insert the loop obtained at the place of the fold into the groove between the two grooves, and simultaneously wind both ends of the fishing line along its own groove. Further actions are similar to the previous option.
There are also spools in which the fishing line is threaded through a through hole on the inside. After that, the ends of the line, and not winding, are threaded completely through the holes on the outer body of the reel, assemble the reel and begin to rotate the button, which is usually pressed, in order to release the line during operation as it wears out. Turning the button. the line itself is wound inside. In this case, twisting it in the “wrong” direction will NOT work, since it can only rotate in one direction. If you get used to it, you can wind fishing line on such a reel without even disassembling it. you just need to combine the through hole of the inner drum with the holes on the outer body of the reel, and then thread the fishing line through them.
That’s all on this issue. Happy winding!
How to quickly and easily remove the coil with your own hands
Before replacing the old line with a new one in the detachable trimmer spool, you must remove the head.
The process is completely simple, even beginners can do the job:
- Remove the upper fixing cover.
- Remove the removable spool.
- Get the spring out, if any.
- Screwdriver Unscrew the bolt.
- Remove the housing from the shaft.
How to properly wind the line around the trimmer: Step-by-step guide and instructions
A beautiful lawn will only look truly well-groomed if you regularly mow the grass. A trimmer is best for tackling difficult areas. Any owner of the unit will sooner or later face a solution to the problem of how to wind the line on a reel, because wrong actions can not only worsen the quality of the mowing, but also disable the equipment. Today in the Homius review we will tell you about all the methods and nuances of replacing the fishing line and the features of choosing consumables.
How to wind the line correctly: replacement features depending on the type of removable trimmer coil
To figure out how to tuck the line into the removable trimmer head, the following recommendations and instructions will help.
Things to consider when choosing a line
It is important to choose the right material before inserting and locking the line into the detachable trimmer spool.
Rating of the best petrol trimmer models. An overview of manufacturers and models, as well as useful tips from experts, considered in this review, will help in a difficult choice among many device models.
Before you put the line on the trimmer, you need to Pay attention to the section of the cord:
- Whining with a circular cross-section is the most common option. They cut the grass perfectly even in difficult areas;
- Spiral line is suitable for thin grass. It is not very durable and is NOT suitable for old thickets;
- A cord with notches and sharp edges is chosen for mowing weeds;
- A fishing line with a variety of geometric sections will help mow the lawn more evenly, but the strength of the consumables is low.
The owner of the lawn mower should know that it is absolutely forbidden to use metal wire, fishing thread and various strings.
How to wind the line on the detachable reel trimmer with two tendrils
You can see before work. And also take into account the following recommendations.
- If there is only one track, both threads are wound parallel.
- If there are two tracks, each piece is wound in a separate groove.
- Wind the threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head.
- The length of the risers does not have to exceed fifteen centimeters.
- Thread the ends into the outlet holes.
- Assemble the head and check the trimmer performance.
Auto feed trimmer: how to wind the line into the removable spool
Some models of trimmers have a reel, the threading of which is automatic. It is enough for the owner to fix the ends in the head, after turning on the equipment, the mechanism will perform all the winding manipulations on its own.
Before threading the thread onto the trimmer spool, pay attention to its size. Most often used fishing line with a cross section of 2 mm.
You can choose a suitable diameter in the following ways:
- See recommendations in the manufacturer’s instructions for trimmers.
- Manufacturers often apply cross-sectional information to the bobbin.
- The cross-section of the cord must match the diameter of the reel hole.
How to wind the line correctly on the spool of the trimmer with one tendril
Most often, a thread up to five meters long is used. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Bent the cord with a loop and insert into the groove of the head.
- Wind the thread in the direction opposite to the marks on the body. They indicate the direction of movement of the head.
- Leave the end of the thread up to fifteen centimeters long to increase the centrifugal force.
- Thread the free end through the spool outlet.
- Assemble the trimmer head.
How to remove the spool from the trimmer?
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the tool model:
- Low motor tool. The motor is almost in the ground here. To remove the coil you need to press the buttons located on the side of the trimmer. After pressing THESE buttons, the body opens, where the line spool is located.
- Curved bar trimmer. Here it is necessary to return a special lamb counterclockwise. Then the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held still with a screwdriver or a second object. It is removed by turning it clockwise. After that, the tool is disassembled into parts and the bobbins are removed.
- If a tool with one tendril is used, then about four meters of thread will be needed. This thread is passed into a hole inside the spool where it can be fixed. Next, one end of the line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is in the bobbin. This is necessary so that the thread could not unwind when assembling the spool. If there are no grooves, hold the line with your hand and collect the bobbins.
- If a tool with two tendrils is used, then first check the number of grooves available.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then the line is wound as follows:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It must always be remembered that the cutting thread must be protected from hard things. This will extend its lifespan.
If you do not adhere to this rule, you will often have to stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
What line is used for the trimmer?
There are several types of fishing line:
- The most durable is rounded;
- For Mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. from a notch;
- Special. suitable for certain types of trimmer.
The section of the cutting thread must correspond to the vegetation to be cut.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the line for a while if you plan to replace it in the reel.
After soaking, it gains elasticity and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made from different components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon line can be stored for a long time, It will not dry out or lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Lawnmower spools or heads have different structure:
- One-string. There is only one working line in the modification of such a trimmer. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be both automatic and semi-automatic. The package here includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for correctly winding the cutting thread onto the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and return the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure out the required amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wind the line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- Leave 15 cm ends NOT coiled.
- These ends are inserted into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to slightly press on it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread outward. To do this, you first need to pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slot on the head.
- Now you should collect the grooves on the body and screw the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, then the spool has clicked.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to wind the line into the trimmer?
When threading the line for the first time, this process may seem quite laborious, but with time and skill, the task is solved much faster.
In order to fill the line, you must:
- Take the coil, Unscrew its cover. Some spools are threaded to the left, so the cover must be unscrewed in the required direction.
- Measure five meters of line;
- Fold this segment in half, that is, determine where the middle is;
- Next, place this middle of the line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line in the direction of the arrow;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Both ends of the line are pushed into the reel holes;
- Screw the lid.
Correct winding of the line to the trimmer spool. Threading the spools with thread of different types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clip to the click, remove the cover.
- Carefully return the bobbins so that it can detach from the holder. Extract her.
- Measure two lengths of cutting thread of the same length. To make further work easier, the ends of the line must be cut off at an angle. Take one end and push it into a special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Further in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. In a special eyelet on the reel, you need to fix the end of the fishing line.
- Subject the other half of the line to the same operation, only on the other half of the reel.
- The next step is to install the coil in the trimmer head. And thread the rest of the line through the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the lid. If the line turns out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. About fifteen centimeters should remain on each side.
On the semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It is necessary to very carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the unit, because not only the cleanliness of the garden area, but also personal safety depends on the correct winding of it.