Jigsaw Saw Crooked Simple Solution
I will not say trivialities that it is not the equipment that works, but the master. brands are either better or worse
The jigsaw you have chosen fully meets the quality standards. With skillful handling, it can work well.
The mistake that beginners make is the expectation of quality from inexpensive equipment. Indeed, it’s not just that professional tools cost many, and sometimes tens of thousands: we use Festool (Festul). a chic technique.
Following is a little work practice. The jigsaw is good for "free" movement on the plane and is NOT INTENDED for straight sawing (a circular saw is used for this).
Although, with some skills you can achieve a direct cut. To do this, you need to constantly monitor the cut (the jigsaw function is convenient here, blowing sawdust from the sawing point), “steering” in the right direction.
[link blocked by decision of the project administration]
[link blocked by decision of the project administration]
Conductor can be easier to control. such as a rail along which a jigsaw can be guided.
With some skill, a sufficiently fixed rigid rail, using it as a guide.
Saw blade information
I must immediately add that the above applies to fiber-free material (particleboard, MDF). And for an array, especially hard species, even cutting jigsaws is too tough. Even branded. only on a circular.
In order to start work, it is necessary to carry out preliminary activities and prepare:
- protective glasses;
- machine oil;
- material to be processed;
- clamps guiding the roulette wheel;
- construction pencil;
- jigsaw itself.
The sawing process is as follows:
- Strengthening the source material. In our example, the source material is a tree. A prepared wood sample and a guide, the role of which can be played by a regular flat rail, should fit between two clamps. The sample is placed on a certain elevation, so that the jigsaw could not rest in the process of cutting. After that, using a tape measure, you need to accurately measure the desired width of the product, which should turn out, and draw a cut line with a pencil. Then lay the guide to the desired distance from the line and secure with clamps. A jigsaw set with a file in the direction of the marked line with the guide is also fixed with a clamp. You need to fix it well, but do not overdo it. The same thing is done on the other side.
Some features of the process
You must first select the right file for a jigsaw. A variety of files allows you to focus on the option that will correspond to both the material of the original workpiece and the final desired result.
In general, a jigsaw can be with a pendulum and with the usual move. In the second version, for a smooth cut, the blade needs to be moved clearly vertically, cutting the material upward. Due to the high speed created, the web wears out more slowly.
When working with a pendulum tool, the principle is essentially the same, only the preferred material for processing is soft wood or plastic, difficulties may arise with steel.
Video: Jigsaw Saw Crooked Simple Solution
In order to make a direct cut, it is necessary to choose a wide blade, it is better if the jigsaw has the “Soft start” function, which will allow to avoid sudden movements precisely at the initial stage. If you need to cut a round hole, you first need to drill the original version, into which the necessary file is introduced. The cut itself is carried out according to the marking. If the original version cannot be cut, then it is required cutting method. To do this, the jigsaw tilts at an angle until it comes into contact with the material, this allows you to make a through hole, after which you can already do the marking on the marking.
If you need frequent circular sawing, it is advisable to purchase an additional device called a circular cutter.
It is allowed to cut along the edge of the workpiece, but it is necessary to make sure of its initial evenness, without this the jigsaw is sawing crookedly. If the edge is uneven, then only correct marking can fix this.
When working with wood sheets of small thickness, there is a risk of chips. To prevent this, place the sheet face down.
For smooth sawing of panels there are special devices, the so-called machines. They can be vertical or horizontal.
The names speak for themselves. In the first case, the panels are installed vertically, the beam installed on the guides, acts as a bracket. The possibility of its rotation to a right angle allows you to saw off the material in any plane. The horizontal version assumes the presence of a table for sawing, the mechanism itself and the carriage, ensuring the movement of the file along.
Rules for flat cutting
Thus, in order to correctly and evenly make a cut, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Carefully choose a file that is suitable for your source material.
- Prepare all necessary supporting items.
- Carefully fasten the workpiece.
- Take into account the correct location of the workpiece so that it does not have to correct flaws. in some cases, the canvas is placed face down.
- Work out the device control technique with the help of professionals or through a training video.
- Carefully observe safety precautions.
In fact, processing products with a jigsaw is not such a difficult task, which any beginner joiner can do. Even if an even and accurate saw cut does not work right away, do not despair: you need to soberly assess what nuances you may have not paid attention to. And do not ignore the advice of professionals who can speed up the process of mastering art, how to saw with a jigsaw, and discover some secrets. Try and improve!
Why jigsaw cuts crookedly
Initially, the jigsaw was designed to cut patterns and circles. The straight saw function is not available on all models. The price of such an instrument is many times higher.
You can achieve a direct cut with a conventional jigsaw. To do this, use the ruler, which should be included. To control the sawing process was easier, you need to lower the speed.
Beginning masters often encounter a problem: an electric jigsaw when cutting takes to one side, and the cut is obtained at an angle. To cope with this, you need to study in detail the process of correct and even cut.
There are several reasons for an uneven saw:
- the saw is dull;
- too much pressure is used;
- there is a cross-section in wood.
One reason for the cut curve may be too thick material. As a rule, thin wood is sawn easier and easier. A jigsaw may have poor mechanics. in this case it needs to be changed. You can check the quality of the jigsaw by moving it from side to side. If he hangs, then this is a cheap tool for rough work. To get an acceptable result, you should saw with a margin, and draw the edges with a hand milling cutter.
Another effective way to learn how to saw straight with a jigsaw is to draw on the workpiece not one fishing line, but two parallel. So the cut will be smoother.
Some recommend using the pendulum function. You do not need to press on the jigsaw. it must go on its own. You can try changing the modes.
The technique of direct cutting: the nuances you need to know
To achieve a smooth cut, use additional tools. Before starting the file, you need to fix the material well. The working surface must be stable. Experts do not recommend sawing wood along the fibers. It will be difficult to achieve an even cut. It is better to use a circular saw. If it is not, you can apply a parallel emphasis. One edge is fixed on the product, the second leans against the tool. Thus the cut is leveled.
If you need a circle, first a small hole is drilled in the middle. They attach a jigsaw to it, moving along the contours of the marked lines. When a rectangle is required, the saw is directed forward, around the corners, and then shaping them.
To make the move easier, use engine oil. They lubricate the file. To avoid overheating, you should sometimes stop. After the saw you need to clean the jigsaw and moisten it with oil.
Rules for a flat saw with a jigsaw
- For a perfectly smooth saw it is necessary to use a device with an increased frequency of movement of the blade. It is better to choose a large file. A board is suitable as a guide. Pre-prepare 2 clamps with a workpiece and a guide. To the jigsaw was freely located, it is placed on a dais. Measure the width of the material with a tape measure, draw notes, make one line out of them using a ruler.
- The guide is placed a few centimeters from the cut. It is attached with clamps. The jigsaw is attached with the cutting part to the cut line. Connect it to the guide, attach it with a clamp. You need to make sure that she does not move.
- The same manipulations are done from the other side. So that there are no defects left on the tree, it is necessary to clamp slightly.
- The next stage is the transition to the first clamp, checking its stability and clamping. After that, turn on the jigsaw, setting the highest speed. The number 2 is set on the pendulum. The saw is set along the cut line. The guide is pressed to the side of the platform and begin to saw.
- By controlling the position of the platform, the tool is moved forward. When there is just a little left to the end, the sawn off needs to be supported so that it does not break off. The cut pieces will be perfectly flat.
- To make the saw slide smoothly and easily, some use a removable plate. It comes from different materials. It is fixed on the support sole of the saw. The tire and adapter ensure even cuts.
- Some materials require additional cooling. When working with them, you need to keep a bowl of cool water near you. It can be installed on a support sole.
Jigsaw. a universal tool, indispensable in the household. Knowledgeable people say: dexterity with him comes with experience. The more you train, the better the result.