Petrol Trimmer Partner How To Adjust A Carburetor
Suburban construction and repair can not do without the use of a chainsaw, as well as garden care. Due to a malfunction of the tool, all the work can get up, so it is so important to be able to disassemble it yourself, find problems and fix them. With enough experience and dexterity, even adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw is possible – the procedure is complex, or rather, jewelry. How to carry out adjustment procedures, we suggest that you take apart today.
Chainsaw carburetor device
Not a single repair measure is complete without knowledge of the fundamentals of the mechanism. Understanding the components and the principle of operation, it is easier to determine the cause of the breakdown.
Any malfunction in the carburetor threatens to stop the engine
The carburetor is one of the main functional parts of the engine, which serves to prepare and supply the fuel mixture, consisting of certain proportions of fuel and air. As soon as the proportions are violated – the engine begins to "junk", or even completely stops working.
You can achieve the correct operation of the carburetor by examining its "filling":
- Tube with transverse flap for adjusting air flow.
- Diffuser – constriction to increase the air flow rate, located near the fuel inlet.
- The atomizer from which the fuel is supplied (fuel needle in the diagram).
- A float chamber that controls the fuel level at the entrance to the channel.
Here’s how it looks in the diagram:
The diagram shows the interaction of fuel and air flow
Principle of operation: the air stream in the diffuser atomizes the fuel, creating a mixture entering the cylinder. The greater the amount of incoming fuel, the higher the engine speed. Carburetors of various models work according to the same scheme.
When is adjustment necessary at all?
Specifically, adjusting the carburetor of a chainsaw is required in rare cases, more often there are problems associated with fuel intake or wear of parts. But sometimes “symptoms” indicate that it is necessary to regulate the mechanism. Here are some signs:
- After the engine starts, it immediately stalls. As an option – it won’t start at all. The reason is an excess of air and a shortage of fuel.
- Increased fuel consumption, and as a result – a large amount of exhaust gas. This is due to the reverse process – supersaturation of the mixture with fuel.
The reasons for the failure of adjustment can be mechanical:
- Due to strong vibration, the protective cap is damaged, as a result, all three bolts lose their installed fixation.
- Due to wear on the piston of the engine. In this case, setting up the carburetor of the chainsaw will help out only for a while, it is better to replace the worn part.
- Due to clogging caused by low-quality fuel, scale or damage to the filter. The carburetor requires complete disassembly, flushing and adjustment.
If the chainsaw suddenly stops working, it is necessary to disassemble it to find out the reasons.
Step-by-step disassembly instructions
The carburetor device of models of different brands is almost the same, so let’s take the Partner chainsaw as an example. Each element is carefully removed and stacked in order, so that later it is easier to assemble.
Video: Petrol Trimmer Partner How To Adjust A Carburetor
Carburetors of chainsaws from different manufacturers, if they differ, then not fundamentally
The top cover is removed by unscrewing the three bolts. Following it is foam rubber, an integral part of the air filter.
The arrows indicate the bolts that must be unscrewed to remove the cover
Then we remove the fuel hose, followed by the drive rod.
The upper arrow indicates the fuel hose, the lower arrow indicates the drive rod.
Next, remove the cable tip.
The arrow shows the tip of the cable to be removed.
To the left of the fitting we tighten the gas hose.
We also carefully remove the gas hose indicated by the arrow
The carburetor is finally disconnected, it is ready for adjustment. Its mechanism is quite complicated, therefore, if further disassembly of the carburetor is required, the elements should be removed very carefully – they are small, therefore they can be lost.
The carburetor consists of many small parts that, when disassembled, should be laid out in order
Features of adjustment and adjustment
To learn how to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw, you should learn to distinguish three screws (for some models there is only one).
Screws L and H are similar only in appearance, in fact they are different
Each screw has its own letter designation:
- “L” is used to set low revs;
- "H" is needed to adjust the upper revs;
- "T" is needed to adjust the idle speed (only one screw is present on models with one screw).
Factory adjustment is optimal, and with the help of screws adjust the operation of the engine in special situations (work associated with different climatic conditions).
The diagram shows the outputs of the carburetor adjustment screws with the lid closed
A special tool is used to set up the chainsaw
The adjustment is carried out only with screws L and N. To increase the speed, they are rotated clockwise. To lower – counterclockwise. The sequence of use of the screws: L – H – T.
If you have doubts about the adjustment, it is better to consult a specialist, as improper tuning can damage the engine.
Lawn mowers, like all gasoline powered tools for the garden, are not difficult to maintain. It is possible and necessary to repair, configure yourself. For example, adjusting the carburetor of the lawn mowers with your own hands is a matter of five minutes.
Lawn mowing carburetor is a unit in the power system. In it, like any carburetors, there is a process of mixing air and fuel (gasoline) for further supply to the engine cylinders.
The main problems and malfunctions of the carburetor.
Strainer There are only two problems with this element:
In order to find out the cause of the breakdown, the fuel filter cover is unscrewed to remove the strainer. If dirt has simply accumulated on it, washing with gasoline or blowing will help.
With visible damage to the strainer, it is imperative to install a new one. There may also be damage on the fuel supply pipe (during repair, check this element).
The carburetor starter in most cases does not function due to blockages. Use acetone or the same gasoline for flushing.
Blowing off carburetor parts with a blockage of compressed air is an acceptable and convenient repair practice.
The device of the carburetor lawn mowers
The basis of the carburetor of the lawn mowers is an aluminum case. It has a diffuser (hole with internal contours). Air is blown through this hole. The oxygen (air) flow rate depends on the cross-section (passage opening) of the diffuser.
The diffuser is equipped with fuel channels. Of these, fuel is drawn in using an air stream.
Outside the carburetor is installed:
- Fuel pump;
- Jet system;
- Fuel / air mixture control system;
The principle of the carburetor lawn mowers
The throttle valve determines the amount of air for supply, and engine power directly depends on this.
Fuel is sucked into the carburetor system by a pump (its membrane). Then it passes through the fitting in the carburetor. Further, the fluid moves through the inlet and outlet valves of the pump. Filtered by mesh. The needle valve moves into the membrane chamber.
Phased operation of the device:
- Air supply to the tube with an air baffle (damper). The partition controls the intensity of the air flow.
- The fuel supply system must be narrowed by a diffuser to increase the flow rate.
- Gasoline through the float chamber and nozzle tube with narrowing. A camera with a float adjusts the temporary volume of gasoline. In the float chamber, the pressure level is neutral, and in the tube with narrowing is already low. Due to the pressure drop, fuel enters through the nozzle.
- The acceleration of the air flow contributes to the transfer of fuel (gasoline) and its atomization. As a result, an air-fuel mixture of the necessary proportion or density is formed.
- The air-fuel mixture enters the engine cylinder through the fuel pipe.