Proportion of Oil and Gasoline For Trimmer
Trimmer, or brushcutter. a tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- synthetic. based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. over, the last of them is most preferable.
Often, manufacturers of petrol scythes produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What gas to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors influence the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for brushcutters and its dilution in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the brushcutter elements, which contributes to rapid wear.
The correct ratio can be found in the instructions for the trimmer. Most often it is 1:25, 1:40, 1:50. To obtain such proportions in 1 liter of gasoline, add 40 ml, 25 ml and 20 ml of oil, respectively.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- canister, better metal;
- mixing tank, also better metal;
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
Overfilling the tank is strictly prohibited.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- if the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- with a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. At the same time, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.
Petrol trimmers are ideal for site maintenance due to their mobility. Such mower models require periodic fuel changes. The choice of gasoline must be approached competently. Strongly save on buying is not worth it.
Choosing a brand of gasoline for trimmers
It is necessary to select the brand of gasoline for motor mowers taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not comply with them, then the motor will soon break down. Often, unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 92 or 95 is used to refuel the trimmer’s gas tank.
Filling the trimmer with AI-80 grade gasoline can lead to breakdowns of the device due to its low technical characteristics. Please note that after purchase, fuel can be stored for no more than 60 days, but it is better to reduce this period.
Polyethylene cans are not used for storage, because when it comes into contact with the internal walls, static electricity will occur. Accidental sparks will cause an explosion. Although, there are special plastic canisters marked "flame".
Fuel mixture for two-stroke engines
Trimmers that are equipped with a two-stroke engine do not have a separate system designed to supply oil for the purpose of lubricating rubbing parts. For this reason, such devices need to be refueled not with clean gasoline, but with a mixture of fuel with engine oil. The latter should be specifically designed for two-stroke engines. The use of automotive engine fluid will lead to premature engine failure.
Preparation of a fuel mixture for two-wheeled engines
A gas engine with a two-stroke engine needs gasoline grade AI-92. When using AI-95, engine overheating and uneven operation of the unit may be observed. You need to mix gasoline with oil in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is fuel, and 1 is oil. It turns out that 1 liter of fuel will need 20 ml of oil.
If the motor is worn out or the tool is operating at high load, the proportion is 25: 1. If there is not enough lubricant, scoring will appear on the walls of the cylinder and piston surface. Then the piston ring will undergo destruction, as a result of which the engine will jam. An overabundance is not so critical, but it can lead to carbon deposits. At the same time, the piston ring is coked, which will reduce the power of the device.
Proportions of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture
Four-stroke gasoline engine
Devices with a four-stroke engine are distinguished by a more complex device. Oil and gasoline are poured into different containers, from where they are then fed into the engine. For mowers with such a motor, AI-92 and AI-95 grades are needed. It is better not to use fuel with a lower octane rating, because this will lead to unstable engine operation. In addition, grease intended for push-pull models must not be used.
How to fill trimmer
The finished mixture of gasoline with oil can be stored for no more than 3 months (pure gasoline is stored less). Dilute fuel in an amount sufficient for several trimmer applications. In general, prepare:
- gasoline and oil, which is suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- metal canister and mixing container;
Adding Oil to Gasoline
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a suitable container and add 1/2 the right amount of oil.
- Mix gently while at a decent distance from open flames.
- Add the remaining half of the oil to the fuel and mix again.
Trimmer Refueling Process
General recommendations for refueling a trimmer with a two- or four-stroke engine:
- Position the fuel tank so that the lid is on top, then fill in the required amount of fuel.
- Do not overfill the fuel tank. This will lead to one of the problems: overflow in the inlet pipe and fuel filter, ignition of the fuel or damage to the engine.
- Try to fill the mixture so that it does not spill. You can use a watering can for this.
- If you nevertheless spilled fuel, wipe it off immediately. Dispose of cleaning materials, do not store them indoors. this is a fire hazard.
- Starting the device should begin after the fuel canister has been removed to a distance of more than 10 m.
- If there was a long break between the operations of the mower, be sure to drain the remaining old fuel.
Video: Proportion of Oil and Gasoline For Trimmer
To mow grass in the country or on the field you will need gas trimmers. They work on gasoline, in contrast to electrical counterparts. Not many masters know how petrol and oil for trimmers, petrol and motocos are bred. Step-by-step instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer will be useful not only to beginners, but also to specialists who may refuel chainsaws incorrectly.
What to choose oil for refueling in trimmer or types of lubricants
Trimmers and brush cutters are powered by two-stroke engines, which have a simplified design. Rarely, there are models of trimmers with 4-stroke engines that run on clean gasoline. The power units of the push-pull type do not have a compartment for pouring motor oil (oil sump), due to which the weight of the tool is reduced and their cost is reduced. If the rotating parts of the motor are not lubricated, then in the end they will quickly fail. To prevent this, the trimmer is not charged with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of oil. Which oil to dilute with gasoline for trimmer?
To begin with, we recall or find out what types of oils by chemical composition are produced:
- Mineral liquids. designed for low power equipment with air cooling. This is the cheapest type of lubricant for motors.
- Semi-synthetic substances. they are used for equipment that has air and water cooling
- Synthetic. suitable for all types of motors with different types of cooling. They do not require frequent replacement, and this type of lubricant is several times more expensive than mineral and semi-synthetic
From the above it follows that for a trimmer, oil with any composition is suitable. mineral water, synthetics and semi-synthetics. Oils with different chemical compositions differ in price, so you should rely on the recommendations of the tool manufacturer when buying. The instructions provide recommended information on which types of oils are best used. If this is the TC-W3 standard, then it is not so important what composition the substance should have. In this case, mineral water, semi-synthetics and synthetics can be diluted with gasoline.
Choice of oil for brushcutters useful recommendations from professionals
If the instruction manual for the tool has been lost and there are difficulties in choosing the right oil, then it is recommended to stop your choice on the following two options:
- Semi-synthetic. are cheaper than synthetics, but more expensive than mineral water. Suitable for equipment, both Russian-made and foreign. They have low smoke control parameters and adequately “take care” of the structural elements of the motor. They are made by distillation of petroleum products and hydrocarbons.
- Synthetic. expensive types of lubricants that are suitable for all types of equipment. If you use synthetics for your trimmer, the engine of the instrument will work like a clock
When choosing and buying oils for dilution with gasoline, you may encounter the fact that some letter designations are indicated on the cans. These designations are an API classification that will be useful to find out who wants to fill in a tool with a suitable lubricant. Consider all types of oils according to the API classification for two-stroke engines:
- TA. is intended for air-cooled devices, the volume of which is up to 50 cm3. Such equipment includes mopeds, lawn mowers, trimmers and scythes. The optimal solution for the brushcutter and trimmer
- TB. is used for refueling engines of such units as mopeds, chainsaws, scooters and motorcycles. The volume of engines of such equipment is from 50 to 200 cm3. This type of oil is also suitable for trimmers.
- TC. designed for dilution with gasoline and pouring into motorcycles, snowmobiles and other types of land equipment
- TD. serves for refueling outboard motors, scooters and boats
The API classification is an American standard that is used in Europe. However, when choosing, there are additional designations on the oil canisters for two-stroke engines, for example, FA, FB, FC, FD and others. This is a smoke emission oil classification developed by the Japanese JASO standard. If there are such designations on the selected oils for trimmers and chainsaws, then their decoding should be taken into account:
- FA. are used in states where legislation stipulates minimum smoke emissions into the atmosphere. In operation, inconspicuous smoke fog is emitted.
- FB. are intended for use in countries where there are strict restrictions on the emission of smoke into the atmosphere. Virtually no white smoke
- FC. smoke is emitted into the atmosphere transparent, and not noticeable by humans
- FD. smokeless oils for 2-stroke ICEs that do not emit smoke, but also have improved chemical properties. They are usually used for mixing with gasoline and for refueling boats, boats and yachts.
If the designations “self mix” and “pre mix” are present on the lubricant reservoir, then they mean self-mixing with gasoline (the first option that does not require shaking), and the need for forced dissolution (second option).
Knowing the classification of oils by their types, it will not be difficult to choose the best option for your brand of brushcutters. On the market you can find a variety of brands of oils for two-stroke engines, but it is better to pay special attention to such companies:
- Stihl. produce mineral and synthetic, and semi-synthetic of this brand are rare
- Shell Helix Ultra. Recommended by Specialists
- Lukoil. Russian oil, which costs 3 times cheaper than foreign counterparts, but at the same time has excellent quality indicators
Prices for products are not indicated, as their cost varies. There are many other brands, and if you still want to find the perfect lubricant for your trimmer for yourself, it is recommended that you watch the test in the video below.
From the video, we can conclude that it is not always useful to buy expensive oils, as they may turn out to be of unsatisfactory quality, as can be seen in a real example.
We deal with the choice of gasoline for AI-92 or AI-95 petrol scythes
How many people, so many opinions that apply not only to the choice of oil for the trimmer, but also gasoline. Similarly, in order not to make a mistake with the choice, it is recommended to use gasoline of the brand recommended by the manufacturer (indicated in the manual for the tool). However, not everything is so simple here, since at each gas station gasoline brands are only named the same, but they have completely different composition. You need to figure it out, and come to a single conclusion about which brand is better to pour gasoline into a two-stroke engine for your trimmer.
Manufacturers recommend using A-92 gasoline for their equipment, and some models require the use of A-95 grade, which does not contain ethyl alcohol. It is not recommended to use gasoline of grade AI-90 or lower, since they will entail rapid wear of engine parts. When buying gasoline of the same brand, you cannot be 100% sure that it is true. The result is the following picture:
- The manufacturer recommends pouring fuel into the trimmer brand AI-92
- A summer resident uses only gasoline of this brand, but buys it at gas stations, where the price is lower or where you have to
- This negatively affects the internal details of the engine, since on one gas station it is really high-quality AI-92 gasoline, and on the second. in the best case, if it is AI-80, and not AI-76
As a result, the motor suffers, and after a couple of years of operation of the new trimmer, the need arises for its overhaul. In order not to have to analyze fuel quality or buy only expensive gasoline, it is recommended to refuel at only one gas station. At gas stations, gas is only poured into metal cans, not plastic.
There are manufacturers that produce special purified fuel for two-stroke engines. If you choose this option, then you do not need to choose the best gas station, brand of gasoline and control its shelf life.
Learning to breed gasoline with trimmer oil if underfilling or pouring oil
If you bought a trimmer, a brushcutter, a motorcycle saw, a chainsaw and other types of equipment, then you probably know that two-stroke engines are used as power units on them. These engines do not work on pure gasoline, like four-stroke ones, but on a mixture of gasoline with oil. In what proportion should gasoline be diluted with oil for the trimmer. this question is asked by every summer resident before preparing the tool for work. We will examine this issue in detail, since a dilution of gasoline with oil for the trimmer affects the tool life, and improper preparation of the mixture will lead to rapid engine wear. What is the danger of excess or insufficient oil in gasoline for the trimmer:
- If gasoline is diluted with a large amount of oil (above the norm), this will lead not only to a large amount of smoke, but also to the formation of carbon deposits on the cylinder walls and a drop in power. This soot will cause piston wear, which will be diagnosed by reducing its performance
- If gasoline does not contain enough oil to be trimmed, this is even more dangerous. After all, the working mechanisms of the engine will not be lubricated in sufficient quantities, which will ultimately lead to their rapid wear (there is a rapid destruction of the piston rings and jamming of the motor). With insufficient oil in gasoline poured into the trimmer, engine wear will occur tens of times faster
In order not to have to pay for errors at the cost of overhauling the engine or buying a new tool, it is necessary to pour fuel of the correct consistency into the tank from the first day. You can find out the ratio in the instructions for the tool, as models from different manufacturers can give different recommendations. Usually this ratio is as follows:
- 1 to 25 or 1 liter of gasoline 40 grams of push-pull oil
- 1 to 40 or 1 liter of gasoline 25-30 grams of lubricant
- 1 to 50. this is added per gram of gasoline 20 grams of oil
The standard value is considered to be 1 to 50 (indicated on canisters with oil for two-stroke engines), but it is necessary to rely on it in the most extreme case, as manufacturers indicate the recommended value of the proportion, and if you do not observe it, the service life of the two-stroke motor is reduced.
In addition to maintaining proportions, you must also learn how to prepare the mixture. After all, the option of adding oil to the gas tank is categorically contraindicated, although some do. If you bought a trimmer or a brushcutter, then you will need supplies that you will use to prepare the mixture. Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer is as follows:
- Prepare gasoline and two-stroke oil, based on the above recommendations for choosing a lubricant and fuel
- Additionally, to prepare the mixture you need to take a container or container. Usually, a plastic bottle is used for this, the choice of which requires an appropriate approach. It should be clean inside. Using a container of milk of beer and other drinks is not recommended. The best option is a container for mineral water
- It is very important that the container has an integer value of the volume, that is, 1 or 2 liters, so that you do not have to calculate how much oil to pour into a bottle per 1.5 liters, 1.3 or 1.25 liters, because you can easily make a mistake
- You will also need a syringe, which is used as a measuring device for dispensing oil. For such purposes, a conventional medical syringe with 10 or more cubes is suitable. It is desirable that the syringe has an accurate measuring scale
- After preparing the necessary materials, you can begin to prepare
Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the brushcutter:
- First you need to fill the plastic container. The tank is filled with 2 fingers not enough to fit the oil
- The necessary amount of push-pull oil is drawn into the syringe, and poured into a bottle with the gasoline gained. You need to do just that, and not vice versa
- After adding lubricant to the bottle, it requires closing it tightly with a lid and stirring. However, keep in mind that stirring requires oils with the designation “pre mix”. If the container with oil has the designation “self mix”, then it is not necessary to shake the container, and after connecting the substances, you can fill them into the tool tank
After preparing the fuel mixture for the trimmer, it remains to refuel the tool, and proceed to work. How to properly fill trimmers, chainsaws, chainsaws and other types of motor vehicles, we will consider in detail.
How to pour finished fuel into a two-stroke engine
Many do not comply with some important recommendations for pouring fuel into the trimmer’s gas tank or gas mowers, which ultimately leads to unpleasant consequences. Consider the important recommendations on how to properly fill diluted fuel from gasoline and oil in a Lawn Mower tank:
- Prepare a funnel or watering can. Despite the large diameter of the gas tank opening, very often when trying to get into it, a certain part of the fuel spills onto the tool body. If fuel gets on the tool, it can cause a fire when it is heated, so it is very important to use a funnel or watering can here.
- Before unscrewing the plug, the surface of the tank should be thoroughly cleaned, since contaminants can get inside, which will cause a quick clogging of the gas filter
- Fuel filling operations must be carried out in calm weather or in a secluded place to exclude the possibility of dust and small grains of sand getting into the tank
- Do not leave the tank hatch open for a long time, as not only small grains of sand and dust can get into it, but also insects
- Do not inhale gasoline vapors during pouring, as they are dangerous to humans. When working with a trimmer, the master must use safety glasses, earphones and a respirator
- Pour fuel into the tank to the mark. If you fill a full tank, then when screwing the cork, some will pour out. uneconomical use of fuel. In this case, it’s better to underfill than to pour
Given these recommendations, you can significantly extend the life of the gasoline tool in question.
Recommendations for storing the finished fuel mixture for the trimmer
After refilling the trimmer, many put off the mixture left in the bottle until the next time. Sometimes this next time does not come soon, and stretches until the next year. It is impossible to store the finished mixture for so long, as oil decomposition occurs. After preparing the mixture, it must be used up for 1-2 weeks. In addition, it is also impossible to store the instrument for a long time with the fuel mixture poured into the tank, as the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended to consider the following recommendations for storing the finished mixture of gasoline with oil:
- Prepare the fuel mixture in an amount to be used. If you don’t know how much fuel you use, then it’s better to cook less
- If the fuel mixture remains in the trimmer tank (when the tool is hidden until the next season), then it must be completely consumed or drained
- Before adding the prepared mixture to the tank, you need to mix it thoroughly
- Store the finished mixture in a tightly tightened container, as well as in a place limited to sunlight
Subject to all recommendations, the life of the trimmer will be no less than indicated in the instructions. The use of high-quality consumables paired with the recommendations for the preparation of the mixture in the trimmer will entail a long and effective service of a gasoline tool.