Why Is The Gasoline Trimmer Warming Up
Petrol trimmer won’t start? Elitech T750 Reasons and Solutions
At first glance, the gasoline garden trimmer is a fairly simple tool, because it contains a minimum number of components and is easy to use. But
Petrol trimmer won’t start? Elitech T750 Reasons and Solutions
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool, it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could be avoided. But since this happened, the gasoline trimmer will not start, then you need to look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will look at the main reasons why the trimmer does not start on the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as give general recommendations for using such a tool.
You should start with the banal! Let’s figure out how to properly start the gasoline trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trim bar to the “I” position. This means turning on the power. Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the fuel “suction” button (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel delivery lever to its original position. Finally, pull the starter handle sharply towards you. The trimmer should work. Try it several times if it doesn’t work the first time. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gasoline trimmer does not start, then you should first inspect it yourself before you take it to the service center. There are two main reasons your garden trimmer won’t start:
- Disruption of the power supply circuit.
- No fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. This is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of the safety measures, making sure the trimmer is disabled. We bring the above described toggle switch to the “STOP” position.
- Then remove the rubber cover from the spark plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special spark plug wrench, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the above procedure for starting the trimmer.
The second reason the garden tool does not work is that the fuel has run out. On the Elinech T750, the fuel tank is located near the engine, but on most trimmers it is located there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal version of AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special oil for engines to the tank, 50 grams is enough for the gas tank, without it the engine will start to “sneeze” and will quickly become unusable. Then we close the tank with a cap, wipe the trimmer surface and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the petrol trimmer still won’t start, then it makes sense to have it repaired. And the reason for this decision is simple. If you do not have the appropriate skills, equipment repair is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and not to have such problems, you should first of all read the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the engine running time at the trimmer. Take a short break every 15 minutes of work and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the service life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gasoline trimmer does not start.
36,591 total views, 9 views today
If stalled at high speeds
If the carburetor stalls at high speeds, this means that at idle and low speeds, the incoming fuel is enough for it, but not enough to work at high speeds. Then it is necessary to check the health of the following trimmer assemblies.
- Fuel hose. This may have been compromised by cracking. In this case, a replacement part is needed. Or maybe you just need to tighten the clamps.
- The filter mesh between the carburetor and the gasoline supply hose. It could be clogged. In this situation, it is necessary to clean the part.
- The valve located on the gas tank cap. It could get stuck or clogged with debris. Cleaning is also required.
- Carburetor. It may have been misaligned as a result of constant vibration. This is usually the case for cheap Chinese parts. To fix the problem, you need to configure according to the instructions. In some cases, it is enough just to loosen the tightening of the carburetor body. If the adjustment fails, a new element must be installed.
- Additionally, the air filter should be checked. It may need to be rinsed and cleaned or replaced with a new one, as it could become clogged with dirt and grass particles when the equipment is tilted when the user mows in hard-to-reach places.
Preventive measures and rules of operation
In order for the brushcutter to work properly and not stall at startup, it must be properly stored and operated. Compliance with the following simple recommendations will allow you to forget about problems.
- When cutting grass, the condition of the cooling system must be monitored. It is also necessary to regularly clean the channels in the housing and the ribs of the starter.
- Use kerosene, thinner or other detergent to clean the instrument.
- Do not clean hot tools. They must cool down before washing.
- It is important to observe the recommended operating mode to avoid overheating of the engine.
- If the scythe is not used within the next thirty days, the fuel must be drained, otherwise it will break down into heavy components that can clog the channels of the carburetor.
- After the fuel is drained, the trimmer should idle for a while until it turns off. This will completely get rid of the remaining working mixture inside.
To store the tool in cold weather you need:
- Completely drain the fuel;
- Disassemble the lawn mower, wash and clean all available components;
- Inspect the condition of the parts, eliminate all defects that can be corrected;
- Pour the prescribed amount of oil into the gearbox;
- Clean the air filter;
- Partial disassembly of the engine, wash all moving parts, blow through and lubricate thoroughly;
- To lubricate the piston, unscrew the plug, then use the starter to raise the piston to top dead center, pour a small amount of oil into the plug hole and turn the crankshaft several times.
Only by observing these rules, you can be sure that the petrol cutter will work properly and will not stall for a number of seasons.
As you can see, the trimmer can stop working for many reasons. Most of them can be corrected by yourself using the user manual. In cases where there is no self-confidence, it is recommended to take the equipment to repair. It is worth remembering that the wrong actions can cause even more harm to the trimmer. As a result, repairing a brushcutter will cost significantly more than it would have been originally, and in the worst case, you may need to buy a new unit.
If it stalled during idle operation
If the brushcutter stalls while idling, there may be several factors.
- First you need to check the prepared fuel solution when it comes to a four-stroke trimmer that runs on a gasoline-oil mixture. There is a possibility that it was made incorrectly. The proportions are not maintained. Because of this, the gearbox heats up, and the revolutions on the drum decrease.
- Another likely cause is a clogged element such as the throttle valve, air filter, or carburetor. The specified parts need to be cleaned.
- Another possible factor is misalignment or misalignment of the carburetor. You need to re-configure according to the instructions.
- Observe this problem mono even when opening the air damper. In this situation, the lack of fuel for the trimmer is caused by the air flow.
If the device does not have enough fuel, it works properly at high speeds or when they increase, but stalls at idle. If the root of the problem lies in the carburetor, the brushcutter will shut off during cold start and hot start.
If stalled after gas supply
Owners of gasoline scythes quite often mention that the brushcutter stalls when you press the gas. Typically, such a breakdown occurs due to a malfunction in the carburetor. Failure in its operation can occur due to prolonged storage, use in difficult conditions, significant overload of the motor. Vibrating movements of the device during operation will become a symptom of such a breakdown.
Sometimes the trimmer stalls when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. This interferes with the supply of gasoline. To fix the problem, it is enough to loosen the valves. This will restore the normal fuel supply to the carburetor.
Another possible reason why the brushcutter stalls when gas is supplied is a dirty breather (check valve). This part prevents the formation of a vacuum in the gas tank. If it is clogged, air does not flow, which means that fuel does not go to the carburetor. To fix the problem, you need to clean this element.
If it stalled when opening the damper
If the equipment works properly at idle, but stalls when the air damper is opened, this indicates the penetration of air into the system through cracks in the fuel supply hose or damaged oil seals. In order to fix the breakdown and adjust the operation of the tool without sucking air from the atmosphere, it is necessary to replace the damaged parts.
Another possible cause of a breakdown is a malfunction of the carburetor dosage system. To fix this problem, it is better to contact the professionals.
If stalled after launch
If the equipment starts up and stalls immediately after starting, this indicates an incorrect setting or misalignment of the device. As a result, fuel does not flow to the engine evenly, resulting in significant vibration and trim disengagement. To fix the breakdown, it is necessary to reconfigure the device according to the user’s manual.
Another likely problem is a clogged gasoline supply valve. It needs to be cleaned.
Another possible cause is a damaged fuel intake hose. Air can enter the system through cracks and holes. To solve the problem, you need to increase the engine speed in order to get rid of air bubbles that have penetrated into the device.
When purchasing a petrol cutter, you need to be prepared for the fact that, like in all other similar tools, breakdowns may also occur in it that will require repair.
However, you should not immediately run to the service center and pay a lot of money to the masters who convince you that there is a serious malfunction in the device.
The benzokosa stalls at high revs on gas
Perhaps the most common complaint related to petrol trimmers is: “The petrol trimmer is stalling.”
Of course, a rather serious malfunction can also be the reason for this. However, in most cases the situation is much simpler than it seems at first glance.
To cope with such a problem, first of all, try to figure out its causes on your own, because after finding out the cause, it is much easier to deal with the problem, and sometimes it even self-destructs.
In fact, there are many reasons for this when the brushcutter stalls at high speeds.
Another is the presence of faults in the power supply system.
In this case, the petrol brush will stall at idle. A misalignment or improper adjustment of the carburetor can lead to problems with the power system.
The misalignment can be caused by vibrations that occur during the operation of the petrol cutter.
Incorrect adjustment of petrol cutters can be corrected by simply adjusting it in accordance with the requirements specified in the operating instructions.
In addition, sometimes gasoline trimmers can stall due to the fact that the valve located in the gas tank cap is simply clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using a scythe while loosening the gas cap.
If the device works properly in this mode, clean the valve.
Over, the brushcutter can stall due to poor fuel flow to the carburetor.
Why, then, does the device start up, you ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel gradually runs into the carburetor and there is enough fuel to operate at increased power.
However, then it is produced and at high revs the engine starts to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem here may also be that its body is too tight.
The reason that the petrol brush stalls at high speeds on gas may also be air leaks.
This is the possible presence of a place through which air can pass during the heating process of the engine.
Be sure to check the fuel inlet hose, among other things. The problem may be that it is loose or cracked altogether.
These are the main reasons why a petrol brush can stall.
At idle, common reasons for stopping the trimmer are as follows:
- Dirt, misalignment or incorrectly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- Clogged air filter;
Replacing the air filter of brushcutters
Trimmer air filter
- Reducing the speed of the gearbox when it heats up, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- Clogged throttle;
- Air ingress into the system;
- Not enough fuel to operate the petrol cutter.
Why does the petrol trimmer stall
A scythe with a gasoline drive is a useful thing for owners of home gardens, lawns, and when the trimmer suddenly stalls, the work on clearing the area from grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdown. The most common problems are contained in the operating instructions. You should know the reasons why the trimmer stalls in order to effectively repair the device yourself.
Immediately after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is misaligned or incorrectly adjusted. This causes an uneven fuel supply. The result of this is that the device vibrates distinctly. For troubleshooting, the carburetor is reconfigured, following the instructions for the mechanism.
Also, the engine stops when the fuel supply valve becomes clogged. In such cases, it is sufficient to simply clean it. If the brushcutter first worked, but then immediately stalled, then perhaps the fuel enters the carburetor unit with some difficulty. Weakening the valve helps to resolve the issue, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
The stoppage can also be caused by air leakage in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that takes the fuel. In this case, add more revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
At high revs
When the scythe stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- Clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cap;
- The carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising during the operation of the mechanism;
- Problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- Suction of atmospheric air;
- The fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Adjust the carburetor according to the trimmer operating instructions. For adjustment, it is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of its housing. If there are problematic points with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
When you press the gas
If, when you press the gas, the petrol cutter stops, then the reasons may be as follows.
- The most common scenario is carburetor adjustment failure, which occurs when the drive is under significant stress, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism, or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which is eliminated by loosening it, as a result of which gasoline begins to flow normally through the system.
- Loosening and drooping of the cable in the carburetor. The fuel hose can also be stretched to the point of rupture due to significant stress.
- Clogged breather (non-return valve), as a result of which fuel does not flow into the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, then it can be recognized by the appearance of vibrations of the brushcutter. When the hose bursts or the cable stretches, these components are replaced.
The brushcutter often stops when it heats up. At the same time, it starts up, works “jerky” and gradually stops. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils or the damper is installed in a rotary rather than disc type. In the latter case, the part is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if the ignition circuit wire or coil is damaged. In order for the device to start working normally, parts are replaced.
How to start diagnostics of brushcutters
If the brushcutter does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Outlet channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Complex reasons for the failure of petrol cutters
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit. Replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to drop, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found, the piston or cylinder should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. It is best to entrust this procedure to the specialists of the service center.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the brushcutter stalls when starting, then a flooded candle may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary candle wrench is suitable (every motorist probably has) and a spare candle.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We expose a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the petrol cutter does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle may give out, there is simply nothing to ignite in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, you should exclude such a reason as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is of good quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Diagnostics of filters for petrol cutters
Another reason why the gasoline scythe stalls is the air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repairing the engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, “gentle” branded models of petrol cutters do not start and stall due to the contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, preventing the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines can be disrupted due to dirt entering the exhaust channel or a clogged silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gasoline streamer, check the presence and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its amount based on real needs. Excess gasoline left over after work loses its quality over time.