Adjusting the valves on the salute tiller
Types of plows:
- Single-body. equipped with one share, designed for plowing light soil. Indispensable in a set with a light tiller when processing a small area.
- Reversible. designed for plowing heavy hard soil with medium to heavy tillers. The ploughshare is made in the form of a feather bent upward, which, when working, raises and turns up the lower layer of soil. Therefore, such plows have another name. reverse. After plowing the land becomes crumbly, further processing is greatly simplified.
- Rotary. equipped with multiple blades, works on medium and heavy tillers. Thanks to its peculiar design, it provides the highest productivity, allows you to plow hard soils no worse than soil mills.
- Disk. performs cutting of layers of excessively moist heavy soil. Disking is performed for pre-sowing soil preparation, surface loosening of stubble after harvest.
“Salyut” has a specific design feature. its engine is displaced forward, this perfectly balances the rear-mounted plow. Compared to the “Neva” and “Oka”, the center of gravity of the Salyut tiller is shifted much closer to the surface of the earth, which makes it easier to control the tiller, as a result there is no need for its additional balancing, the load on the arms when moving is greatly reduced.
Depending on the various tasks, axle shaft extensions and metal wheels with weights are used. Wheels are installed with lugs that have a large bearing area so as not to fall through on loose ground.
Also, the lugs for the tiller allow you to set the desired distance between the rows.
The universal hitch mode ensures a stable position of the machine during work and makes it easier to adjust the plow angles in three planes. There is a version of wheels with a weighting agent, then the plow goes into the ground even deeper.
Plowing with a plow on the Salute tiller. Overview, models, adjustment
Features of work
Attached equipment makes it possible to expand the scope of the tiller “Salyut”. It is possible to effectively carry out absolutely all work inherent in rural areas. Undoubtedly, before starting work, you will have to thoroughly understand the instructions, because the effectiveness of the equipment is, first of all, the correct settings and adjustments.
Plows and hillers are connected to the Salyut tiller through the S-13 beam and the S-20 bracket using a universal coupler. Adjustment is best done through the hitch.
Important! The obligatory coincidence of the longitudinal axis of the regulator and the tiller, plus the vertical position of the beam, will help to set up the equipment in the best way.
For an optimal plow setting without a hitch, it is advisable to align the minimum plowing depth and width at first.
Video review of reverse plowing plowing by Zykov on the Salyut tiller
Tiller has long been known as a means for plowing the land. For normal operation of the device, adjustment of the tiller valves is required, which should be done at least once a year. This unit greatly simplifies human work. With various attachments, it can do all agricultural work. It is also used for vehicles for transportation. Well, he will deliver himself to significant distances on his own.
About the device of tillers and valves
Tillery Cayman, Patriot, Texas, Foreman, Krosser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don represent a rather complex technical device, consisting of several main working units: engine, transmission, chassis and controls.
The very understanding of the tiller design is very important, because the correctness of the repair and adjustment work depends on it.
Let’s consider each node in more detail:
- Engine. Depending on the equipment, 2-stroke and 4-stroke motors can be used. At the moment, the most widespread are 4-stroke ones, because they have higher performance indicators.
- In addition, engines are divided into diesel and gasoline. The former are most suitable for large-sized units, and the latter are most suitable for small and medium-sized tillers.
For more details on the operation of the tiller engine, see the given
How to adjust valves on a ohv briggs and stratton engine
- Transmission. The torque that is transmitted from the engine to the wheels is carried out precisely with the help of the transmission. It includes a gearbox, gearbox, clutch system and differential (for some models).
- Depending on the type of gearbox and clutch, not only the cost of the tiller is formed, but also the principle of operation of these components.
- Chassis. Most tillers have in their presence a pair of wheels of various types. pneumatic or metal, equipped with grousers. In addition, the chassis includes the frame itself, on which all the other elements of the tiller are located. the engine, gearbox, etc.
- Control system. All control of the tiller is located at the distance of the operator’s outstretched arm, i.e. on the handle and in the immediate vicinity of it. This includes the clutch lever, shift and travel buttons, emergency engine stop, etc.
As for the carburetor, it is part of the engine power system. It acts as a kind of mixer that mixes liquid fuel with air to obtain a fuel mixture, which then enters the engine cylinders. Structurally, it looks like this:
- float chamber;
- throttle and air dampers;
- mixing chamber;
- jet, etc.
This is a description of the standard carburetor, but different tiller models such as Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, Husqvarna may use different carburetors, respectively, and the adjustment will be different.
Correct valve adjustment for the tiller
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
For optimal performance of the equipment, adjusting the valves on the chiller is required. This procedure is mandatory and follows a special template. Different models have some features that need to be taken into account. If the tiller valves are adjusted, the gasoline engine must be fully prepared for further work.
Features of a gasoline engine on tillers
The petrol engine on agricultural machinery is often the most problematic part. It has many features to consider when servicing and adjusting. Features:
- there are two types of gasoline engines. two-stroke and four-stroke;
- most of the parts are universal, but a number of mechanisms will require spare parts from the manufacturer;
- full installation is carried out during maintenance, which is performed at least once a year;
- most of the engines are of Asian origin, but at the same time they are of sufficient quality and easy to maintain;
- for adjustment and other processes, you will need to have the necessary tools.
Important! A video about adjusting valves and the entire maintenance process can be found on the Internet, but only a person with experience and the necessary skills should carry out the procedure, since the mechanism is very sensitive to even minor flaws.
In this video, you will learn how to adjust the valve in the tiller:
In the device of tillers, the internal equipment occupies an important place, since the productivity of any work depends on it. It is recommended to service the equipment annually in special services, but additional installation will also be required after a period of inactivity or after prolonged operation.
This approach allows you to reduce wear on parts and keep equipment in optimal condition.
Any misalignment will result in reduced power, wear on parts and permanent malfunctions. You can also find out that the procedure was carried out incorrectly by the lack of stability during operation.
For each gasoline option, the verification process is governed by a number of points, including operational data, described in the instructions, as well as brands and types of sets of parts. With different types, the level of necessary parameters may differ even with one brand of the equipment itself.
Valve adjustment has its own peculiarity
How to adjust the valves on the tiller
Adjusting the valves on the tiller, adjusting the control mechanisms, changing the oil in the main units, inspecting the tires are the main work that is carried out during the maintenance of the tiller. THAT is necessary to ensure the safe operation of the unit, check the reliability, strength of all its components and connections.
This review will look at how to adjust the valves on the chiller. The constancy of the engine and the entire motor vehicle as a whole depends on them.
On Tiller Lifan
Valve adjustment on the Lifan trailer has its own characteristics. There are several power options for the motor, which have their own clearance parameters. Mostly “Lifan 6.5” is used. The size of the gaps is set standard, that is, for the inlet. 0.15, and for the outlet. 0.2. The procedure itself is also carried out in accordance with the usual procedure.
Lifan is one of the models that does not need to be warmed up before testing. The technology is warmed up after the valve adjustment, when all the systems are checked as a whole. Another important point is the ability to contact a special service, since the brand is widespread.
Almost all Lifan modifications have a similar procedure. The only exceptions are self-assembly options that are created on the basis of the model.
How To Set Valve Lash On A Diesel Engine
Adjusting the unit valves.
Without proper adjustment of the valves and other important components of the engine of the mechanism, normal operation is impossible.To carry out adjustment work, tools such as are required:
- a set of various wrenches;
- a set of different screwdrivers;
- special shaped probe and other tools that may be needed in the process.
The concept of valve adjustment means the establishment of the most optimal clearance between the valve and the cylinder wall. The size of the gap, as a rule, is indicated in the instructions attached to the unit.
It may differ in different tiller engine designs. The sequence of work of the valve adjustment process is as follows:
- the engine of the unit is freed from the casing;
- the valve cover is dismantled;
- the valves are being adjusted;
- the valve cover is replaced;
- the power plant is covered with a casing.
The procedure for performing work on adjusting the valves may differ slightly, depending on the brand and engine power of the unit. The size of the gap must be checked with a feeler gauge.
In the intake valves of the power plant, the clearance should be.0.15 mm, for exhaust valves, it should be 0.2 mm. With a properly adjusted gap, a special probe should fit freely under the valve itself.
For adjustment, it is necessary to slightly loosen the nuts, then insert the dipstick. At the end of the adjustment process, the nuts must be tightened. It does not hurt to carefully check the gap again, and then close the valve with a cap. Final action. the engine is covered with a casing.
After correct valve adjustment, the operation of the power plant will be much more efficient, and its operating period will also increase.
How to adjust the valves on the tiller. we explain in all the details
How to adjust the tiller valves?
How to adjust the valves on a tiller engine
A vehicle called a tiller is a vehicle that, when equipped with various attachments, can perform various agricultural work.
Adjusting the engine valves means setting optimum clearances. Their norm is indicated in the technical passport of the tiller. Each model has its own permissible parameters, which depend on the brand and type of machine motor.
The permissible valve clearance on the chiller for a standard unit is as follows:
- for the inlet valve. 0.10-0.15 mm;
- for output. 0.15-0.20 mm.
To configure them, you need the following tools:
- styli for 0.10 mm, 0.15 mm and 0.20 mm;
- flat screwdriver.
The algorithm of actions for setting the optimal clearances is as follows:
- The engine must be cold during operation.
- Disconnect the oil bath cup from the air filter and filter element.
- Take the key, unscrew the 4 bolts around the protective casing.
- Remove the starter, then the tiller flywheel guard.
- Fix the “dead center” on the end of the flywheel. The mark on the edge of the cylinder blowing must correspond to the zero mark of the flywheel.
- Carefully remove the valve cover with a paronite gasket, having previously unscrewed 3 bolts.
- Check the clearances:
- there is an inlet valve near the filter;
- near the muffler. day off.
To check the interval, insert a feeler gauge between the rocker arm and the valve. If the distance is greater or less than the permissible, using a spanner wrench and a screwdriver, adjust the elements.
If the valves are adjusted correctly, the engine will run without noise, jerking or malfunction.
How to fix a diesel tiller injector
You can check her robot using a fuel pump installed on the engine. After that, the nozzle is inspected and adjusted: disassembled in a clean place, then washed with kerosene or clean fuel, blown off and reassembled. In this simple way, the product is returned to working condition.
Valve adjustment on a diesel tiller
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
Sources of poor diesel tiller performance may vary. Depending on the part of the mini tractor that does not function correctly or does not work at all.
Here are some reasons for the breakdown:
- sufficiently low air temperature, due to which the fuel can freeze and lose fluidity;
- the nozzle of this tiller is clogged;
- insufficient injection pressure;
- dirty battery.
Also, the reasons may be in such things as the use of old oil, the absence or lack of lubrication, due to which there may be problems with the piston part of this technique.
Important! Poor fuel quality also affects the productivity and serviceability of the tiller, so there is no need to neglect the choice of fuel, because this is also very important. So do not save, it is better to make the right choice right away.
What to do if the engine breaks down
Basically, there are two of the most common causes of engine failure. This is when the engine, in principle, does not work and when it is still functioning, but unsatisfactory.
If you study the first reason, then you need to proceed as follows: first you need to turn on the ignition, check the amount of fuel in the tank, open the fuel valve and the state of the carburetor air damper, and then the flow of fuel into the carburetor. Also remove and clean the nozzle, thus removing the blockage. Another reason may be a weak fuel injection pressure, which can be corrected using the instructions attached to this technique.
If the engine turns over too quickly or easily by the starter, then the problem is either in the valve or in the piston rings. In the first case, you just need to remove this valve and rinse it, and in the second, if the piston rings are worn out, then they are replaced with new, serviceable.
What to do if the diesel tiller is jerky
In this case, they immediately turn off the motor and give the engine a little time to cool down, only after that you can start repairing or troubleshooting. There are several reasons for such malfunctions:
- lack of oil in the engine crankcase;
- a nadir appeared on the lower part of the connecting rod;
- the oil sprinkler or connecting rod (the part that connects the piston and the connecting rod journal) is broken.
How to adjust the valves
If the process of flushing the valve did not help, then you need to carefully adjust them. This requires some tools: wrenches, screwdrivers and a dipstick or razor blade. To adjust is to adjust the normal valve clearances of the tiller motors. The size of these gaps is different for each model, so it must be viewed in advance in the instructions. First, the engine cover is removed, then the valve cover, adjustment is made here. setting optimal clearances.
Attention! To check the size of the gap, place the dipstick under the valve, if this is easy, then everything is fine, if not, then in order to adjust, you need to loosen the nuts again, place the dipstick. Then the valve box cover and casing are installed.
What to do if thick black smoke comes out of the engine while the engine is running
This may indicate that the fuel mixture that the carburetor receives is too saturated, or a problem in the oil scraper ring, or the air filter is clogged.
To eliminate this factor, perform the following actions:
- adjust the carburetor;
- change old valves;
- put new piston rings.
What to do if the diesel tiller won’t start
First, we find the faulty tiller area. Several actions are performed for:
- turn on the ignition, start the mini-tractor;
- check for fuel availability;
- see if the carburetor air damper is closed;
- check if there is fuel access to the carburetor;
- see if everything is ok with candles.
In this video, we will consider adjusting the valves of a diesel tiller:
- If the fuel does not have access to the carburetor, then the fuel cock should be unscrewed and sorted out, where it is necessary to clean the filter from dirt. You can also check the fuel level (adjustable with a float), it should be approximately 30-35 mm.
- To check the carburetor, you first have to remove it, empty it and let air through the fitting. If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the air should pass easily. The procedure with the passage of air is repeated once more. Only then are they accepted for regulation.
- If the matter is in the candle, it may be dirty, then here you need to clean it and check the gap between the electrodes (not less than 0.8 mm).
Tiller adjustment: carburetor, valves, fuel system
This article describes the adjustment of the tiller, namely its main parts: the carburetor, valves and the fuel system. The process is not easy, so we have included some photos and videos as well. You can also read repair tips here.
Tiller carburetor adjustment
The instability of the tiller engine speed indicates that the carburetor needs adjustment. The need to perform this procedure, as a rule, arises before the start of the agricultural season, when the equipment has not been used for a long time, or vice versa, when the cultivator has been subjected to significant loads for a long period of time.
Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to warm up the engine. The work process itself looks like this:
- The screws regulating low and maximum throttle are screwed in completely, after which they are loosened by about one and a half turns.
- The motor is started with a starting device or manually, and warms up for about 10 minutes.
- The lever that controls the operation of the power plant must be set to the minimum position. But the motor should not stop at the same time.
- The throttle throttle adjusting screw will help to adjust the minimum idle speed so that the diesel engine is stable, without extraneous noise and stops.
- The rotation of the screws makes it possible to accurately set the amount of combustible mixture that enters the motor.
- Tightening the propeller enriches the mixture, while unscrewing it, on the contrary, increases the volume of air entering the engine.
Using the idle screw, adjust the maximum idle speed. The same should be done with minimum speed, using the throttle stop screw. The essence of such an adjustment is that the shutter screw allows you to adjust the angle to which it is closed.
The lever responsible for controlling the motor should be moved to the “throttle” position. If the operation of the cultivator still cannot be called stable, the full throttle screw is adjusted until a perfect stroke is observed. However, the maximum permissible propeller speed is 2.5.
The accuracy of carburetor adjustment can also be determined by how the spark plug looks after a short period of time under load. If the working mixture is ideal, then there will be neither carbon deposits nor traces of fuel on the spark plug, which indicate that the combustible mixture is too lean, or, conversely, too rich. However, it should be noted that carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the spark plug can indicate not only incorrect adjustment, but also more serious problems of the Chinese or domestic tiller, including faulty ignition or cooling system.
Tiller valve clearance adjustment
Over time, with significant loads, the valve clearance of the tiller engine changes. This may be due to wear on parts. Insufficient distance leads to the fact that the stages of gas distribution change significantly. As a result, it is not possible to achieve a sufficient compression ratio, and the power device operates intermittently, without reaching the declared power. In particularly serious situations, even deformation of the valves can be observed. If the gap is too large, significant mechanical noises are recorded, the gas distribution phases also change significantly, the valves open for too short a time, due to which the cylinder does not fill properly, the power drops, and failures occur. Clearance adjustment is necessary immediately, as soon as engine operation becomes incorrect or begins to occur with significant noise. Ideally, the engine being adjusted should be cooled down.
So, first you need to get to the flywheel. It is on this part that the value of the top dead center is marked. The flywheel is hidden under the cover, and therefore will have to be removed. Before removing the casing, the oil bath of the air filter is removed. It is possible to facilitate the task in the process of removing the casing if you fix all the latches with rubber bands. All bolted connections are unscrewed with a key, after which the cover can be removed without problems.
On the flywheel, you can see marks that indicate TDC, as well as values of 5, 10 and 20 degrees. The 20 degree mark indicates the injection of the combustible mixture. The flywheel should be brought under the top dead center, focusing on the appropriate division. The valve cover is unscrewed and removed.
In the process of adjustment, you need to use the following tools:
- spanner key 10;
- blade 0.1 mm thick.
According to the technical data sheet, the valve clearance of the tiller engine is from 0.1 to 0.15 millimeters, and therefore, with the help of a blade, it can be adjusted very accurately. However, you need to pay attention to the fact that some blades are 0.8 mm thick. and this is unacceptable. The exact value can be found with a micrometer or from the information on the manufacturer’s website.
The adjustment is carried out as follows:
- Using a screwdriver, we loosen the nut, insert the blade and begin to tighten.
- We focus on the blade, carefully tighten the nut.
- We adjust until the valve free travel is eliminated. It should fit snugly enough.
- In the reverse order, we assemble the casing, put the oil bath in place by hand.
If all manipulations are carried out without errors, then the engine will run smoothly and without unnecessary noise.
Tiller fuel system adjustment
If no fuel is supplied to the cylinder, the first step is to check if there is enough fuel in the tank. You also need to check whether it goes to the carburetor. For this, a hose is removed from the inlet connection of the device. If we are talking about a carburetor type K45, you should press on its quench so that fuel begins to pour out through the drain hole.
If fuel does not enter the carburetor, then you need to turn off the fuel supply valve, completely disassemble it and remove accumulations of dirt from the mechanical filter. To achieve maximum cleanliness, all components must be treated with gasoline. The fuel cock is assembled and returned to its original location.
If fuel enters the carburetor, but the cylinders are not supplied, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the fuel valve, as well as the presence of dirt on the jets.
To deal with the carburetor of a gasoline tiller of the KMB-5 type, you need to remove it from the engine and pour out the fuel from the float chamber. Through the fitting (see figure), with the help of which the gasoline is supplied, it is necessary to supply the air mixture, having previously installed the carburetor in the operating position. The passage of air should go unhindered, and when the carburetor is turned over, it should completely stop. These features indicate the full performance of the part.
Details in the figure: 1. fuel supply connection; 2. upper body; 3. throttle valve; 4. idle needle; 5. jet; 6. lower body; 7. air damper; 8. screw fixing the tie; 9. maximum gas needle; 10. spraying element; 11. float; 12. fuel supply valve.
The fuel level inside the float chamber can be adjusted using the float tab. Ideally, it should range from 3 to 3.5 centimeters.
To purge the nozzles, it is necessary to unscrew the screws responsible for full and low gas.
Cleaning the carburetor parts begins by loosening the screws holding the upper housing. The lower body is removed, the fuel supply valve is flushed with gasoline, and the dirt from the nozzles is blown out by a pump. It is necessary to check if the float is intact. It is absolutely impossible to use rags in the cleaning process.
After completing the cleaning, the housings are connected. It is necessary to check that the spray tube is clearly inserted into the hole located on the upper body. Open the throttle valve and check how well the assembly is done. The screws that secure the upper case are tightly tightened. After the assembly process is completely completed, the carburetor should be adjusted. This will significantly improve the performance of a heavy tiller with attachments, since perfect adjustment of all its parts is required for correct operation.
If the carburetor DM 1.08.100 is installed on the engine of the cultivator, then the procedure for adjusting it will be as follows:
- Screw in the screw 10 (Fig. 3) at idle until it stops and unscrew it half a turn.
- Then you need to tighten the full throttle screw 9 and completely unscrew it by 2 turns.
- Unscrew the screw 4 (Fig. 4) of the minimum engine speed right up to the stop of the lever against the bore of the carburetor body and tighten it 2 turns.
- Start the tiller engine, and then adjust stable operation at maximum speed after warming up with screw 9.
Do not disengage the engine control lever. Move it to the position of minimum throttle (rpm) and, by unscrewing screw 10, set stable idle rpm. This completes the setup.
This is, in principle, all the repairs. The main points of adjusting the main parts of the tiller are considered. Use our manual (instruction) and prevent faults. Adjust your tiller or cultivator with pleasure!