DIY eye tiller adapter
What is a tiller adapter
The appearance of the adapter resembles a two-wheeled trailer, which is additionally equipped with a seat. When installed on a tiller, all gardening work is greatly simplified, because it is automated. A homemade adapter increases productivity several times and reduces the labor intensity of agricultural work. This device can turn the tiller into a mini-tractor and make it functional and irreplaceable.
Some models have a special lifting lever, which makes the operation of mechanisms more comfortable. If necessary, the tiller is used to transport small loads.
Depending on the purpose of using the drawbar technique, there are:
- elongated (for large machines);
- shortened (for light structures).
To connect the adapter to the tiller, a single enlarged hitch is used, which consists of two parts. The first acts as a link, and the second is a regulator. If it becomes necessary to equip the equipment with several implements at the same time, then a double universal hitch is used.
How to assemble an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
A simpler and more complicated design can be made. Both of these options will be given below.
DIY tiller adapter, dimensions and drawings
Almost all owners of personal plots need specialized equipment to carry out their work. It is necessary to constantly care for the land plot: loosen, plow, huddle the beds. If you do all this manually, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort. Not everyone can handle this, especially the elderly. That is why tillers were created, with the help of which it is quite easy to cultivate the land. But one caveat arises. the adapter, which is a special attachment and helps to cultivate the land. Such equipment will be very expensive, so many people make the adapter to the tiller with their own hands.
Assembling a simple version of the adapter for the tiller with your own hands
To make it you will need:
- rectangular pipes;
- channel 0 40 cm long;
- coupling knot;
- welding machine;
- mounting bolts;
Before starting work, you need to create a drawing. You can use ready-made schemes or make them yourself.
Then wheels are attached to the hubs, which can be used from an old garden cart. Bearings are first attached to the bushings, after which the braces are welded to the central tube of the bushing by welding.
Frames are made with dimensions 40×40 cm, but if necessary, these dimensions are reduced or increased. A channel is attached to the rear end of the frame by welding, and the side pipes are bolted to each other. Also, a lever is installed on the frame. To increase the adjustment force, install an additional lever 75 cm long.
The seat is attached to a metal support, which is welded in advance to the base of the frame, i.e., the central tube.
Assembling a complicated version of the adapter for the tiller with your own hands
To make such an adapter for a tiller, you will need:
- steel pipes;
- Sheet steel;
- a pair of wheels;
- welding machine.
Such a tiller adapter will be more functional. The assembled equipment can not only cultivate the land, but also be used for the transportation of goods. Additionally, a harrow, plows, tillers, etc. are used. And in winter, the tiller can be equipped with a snow scraper.
This design consists of the following elements:
- coupling devices.
Before starting work, a kinematic diagram is created. This is necessary in order to correctly calculate all loads. You can also use ready-made drawings.
When making a frame, do not forget about installing a fork with a bushing, which are necessary for the trailer to turn freely. A steel sheet is required for the bodywork. The hitch assembly looks like this: an iron pin 15 cm in size is inserted into the aperture of the drawbar, which has the shape of the letter “P”. However, it should be noted that this option wears out quickly, since the coupling holes become unusable very quickly due to the regular rotation of the trailer. In this case, it is necessary to lengthen the U-like chain.
The seat is fastened at a distance of 80 cm from the front end of the frame. This process is carried out using bolts.
Adapter for Tiller Neva
Drawings and dimensions for different tillers may vary depending on the design. So for the popular models of Neva, MTZ, OKA tillers, homemade adapters can differ significantly.
By making a homemade adapter to the tiller, using various types of attachments with it, you can not only facilitate the work, but also significantly increase productivity.
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
DIY tiller adapter drawings and dimensions
Below are the drawings and dimensions, as well as the materials required for the manufacture of an adapter for a tiller of complex design.
What you need when making an adapter
Below is a kinetic diagram to help balance the structure and avoid additional stress. The drawing below shows a diagram of a mini tractor made from Tiller Neva.
The engine of the power unit (2), driving the front wheels (1), transmits the torque through the chain (3) to the reverse gear (4), and from it through the cardan transmission (5) to the rear axle (6), driving rotating rear drive wheels (7).
Such a hitch of any kind is not just a seat, but a whole device consisting of several parts. Depending on the type of adapter, these parts are attached to each other in different quantities and in a different order. So, the rear and front unit are made almost the same, but they differ in the method of final fastening and the method of the coupling itself.
Throttle Cable Solder Repair Tool. Simple Fix!
How to assemble an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
A simpler and more complicated design can be made. Both of these options will be given below.
With movable joint
This type of adapter is easiest and fastest to make at home with your own hands.
- On a square profile 180 cm long, a piece of the same steel sheet should be welded across, but 60 cm in size.
- Braces are installed on the frame and wheels and fastened with bushings. To strengthen the main frame, an additional steel beam is welded onto it.
- Channel 10 is used to create an additional beam. It is made in accordance with the drawings and using a welding machine.
- The frame created in the previous step is welded to the wheel axle. A small piece of a square metal beam or steel angle is used as a connecting element.
- The first control lever is installed on the frame, on which there are 3 knees. An additional one is installed on this lever, but less than the size. All work is carried out using a welding machine.
- Both levers are securely fixed to each other with bolts.
When the main lifting mechanism of the adapter is ready, you can proceed to its direct assembly and connection of the equipment to the tiller itself.
- A stand for the future seat is welded onto the central frame, which is made from a piece of steel pipe.
- On top of it, using a welding machine, two more of the same pipe sections are attached perpendicularly. This design will allow the seat to be securely attached to the tiller and minimize vibration and shaking during its operation.
- Further, the pieces of pipes are attached by welding to the frame, and the seat itself is fixed to them with self-tapping screws or bolts. For added security, the bolts can also be screwed into the seat stand, not just into the frame.
- The finished hitch is welded to the front of the resulting adapter.
After completing these works, the adapter is completely ready for further use. If everything was done correctly, you should get an all-wheel drive mini-tractor, simple and easy to use.
Appointment of the device
tiller is a type of agricultural machinery and is used for plowing, harrowing and cultivating the soil.
The main advantages of the unit are its mobility and versatility. Different attachment options allow you to use the tiller for a wide range of suburban work, regardless of the season. for example, in winter it will come in handy for clearing snow on the site.
The most significant drawback of tillers in the basic configuration is that they need to be guided through the garden like a horse. That is why many craftsmen improve the two-wheeled assistant by making an adapter for him. This upgrade allows the tiller to transform into a mini-version of the tractor.
How to make an adapter to the tiller with your own hands?
After reviewing the drawings, you can proceed to the phased assembly of the adapter. It is important to strictly follow the described algorithm.
If an adapter with a seat is used, the tiller turns into a mini-tractor. The chair is selected at your discretion, but products with built-in shock absorbers are more suitable so that you do not have to install springs.
The frame is assembled in a certain sequence:
- A shank is welded to a piece of pipe with a diameter of about 6 centimeters. A swivel bracket will be mounted on it, fixed with a pin;
- The frame is welded perpendicularly with a cross-member with dimensions of 55 centimeters;
- A sheet of steel is welded to the frame with a corner, the thickness of which is three millimeters;
- The lateral edges of the sheet with a length of about one centimeter are folded down to protect against cuts;
- The wings are bent and welded. The wing covers are welded to the upper part, which are equipped with reflectors.
The main frame must be equipped with an additional retractable one, the thickness of which is 5 centimeters. They are fastened together with a bolt.
It is better to supplement the structure with a trunk, which is manufactured according to the following scheme:
- The frame is being assembled. The required central water pipe with a diameter of 1 “and somewhat labor with a smaller diameter (½ and ¼”);
- The central tube is reinforced with additional tubes for support, the structure is welded to the trunk;
- Support pipes are connected to the block rod and gearbox.
The height of the legs depends on the location of the luggage compartment. It cannot be above the instrument panels, fuel and oil tank.
The swivel bracket is manufactured following the following scheme:
- A workpiece from a pipe with a diameter of 5 centimeters is welded and bent. Two steel bushings are welded to the upper part, which provide swinging of the device along and across the axis;
- One side of the bracket is fixed on the shank, and the other on the tiller itself;
- For free installation and removal of the bracket, you can weld on the handle.
You need to take care of the rear-view mirror (suitable for a car or moped). The part is installed on the handle of the unit or attached to the rear of the trunk.
You need to purchase a ready-made mechanism. a brake system.
It is installed according to the following scheme:
- The rod of the blocking unit is dismantled, the thread on its surface is extended with the help of a special die;
- A durable steel stop is created;
- A hole is drilled in the rod, the diameter of which is within 3-10 millimeters;
- Powerful return spring is installed and secured.
At the last stage, an axle with wheels is installed. Parts from old technology are suitable: a motorcycle or a moped. The axle may be too long, so it is shortened with an electric hacksaw.
In addition to detailed drawings, it is worth considering the proposed videos on the manufacture of the adapter.
A homemade adapter according to the schemes described above can be used with the following brands of tillers: Salyut, Agro, Neva, MTZ.
Varieties of adapters for motor vehicles
Tiller adapters are divided depending on how they are attached.
There are the following types of devices:
- Rear adapter for the tiller. The hitch is located in front of the device, therefore, after connection, the adapter will be located at the back of the unit
- Tiller front adapter. Accordingly, the clutch occurs at the rear. The adapter is located in front of the motorcycle and will definitely have a steering wheel for control. Steering devices are of a more complex design type, therefore their price on the market is much higher.
The following adapters are available for use:
- Shortened. Small in size, which are operated with a light type tiller. Low weight allows the adapter to be attached directly to the wheel of the unit;
- Elongated. Cope with heavy agricultural machinery. They are distinguished by their significant dimensions and relatively large mass.
Depending on the availability of the body, the following designs are distinguished:
- Bodywork. The existing body allows you to transport various cargo over a long distance. They are actively used for everyday tasks and harvesting;
- Bodyless. They are used only for connection with a tiller.
When choosing an adapter, you need to pay attention to the design features of the device. It must fully meet the needs of the owner.
Homemade adapter for the tiller do it yourself
The modern tiller is a high-tech machine for high-quality soil cultivation. With its use, the strength and time of its owner are significantly saved. Many units are subject to modernization due to the use of additional structures and sheds. Among them is the adapter to the tiller.
We make an adapter for the tiller with our own hands
At the moment, there are several types of adapter, as a rule, their designs are similar, and are, attached to the rear of the tiller, adapt with a comfortable seat.
The adapter is made of a square metal profile, with a length of 160 to 180 cm. Across this profile, one more is welded, 50-60 cm in size, depending on which track you need, (wheel stands are attached to it). The height of the struts to the wheel axle from the top to the adapter wheel axle can be from 25 to 40 cm, depending on the design.
Further, braces are welded to the main metal profile and wheel hubs, they also serve as stiffeners. Their length depends on the angle of inclination relative to the entire structure and other parameters. Then, the frame structure is calculated and welded in the same way, to which the attachment will be attached. Side rails of this design are bolted to the wheel struts.
After that, a control lever is welded to the main frame, which has three knees, sizes 35, 55, 20 cm.To increase the applied force, another lever is attached to the lever, but already with dimensions of 80 cm.
Adapter seat, mounted on a support welded to the central metal profile. As you can see, making an adapter to the tiller with your own hands is not so difficult.
Preparatory stage of manufacturing the adapter
The adapter has a simple design, but the manufacturing procedure cannot be called simple. Initially, you need to take into account the drawings and dimensions, which will help create a device without flaws.
You need to acquire the following materials and tools:
- Electric drill;
- A sheet of steel with a thickness of 5 millimeters;
- Several square pipes with a diameter of one inch;
- A set of fasteners.
Key structural elements are manufactured as follows:
- Coupling. Frame-mounted and bolted. A coupler is two welded pieces of square pipes and a piece of a water pipe. The latter is inserted into the stem with a welded tee;
- Wheel fixing unit. Two pieces of pipe 10 centimeters long are welded at right angles. The horizontal section is inserted into the fixing pipe and securely fixed with a bolt. An axle and bearings with wheels are attached to a vertical workpiece.
When all the tools are prepared, the main parts are made, you can assemble the adapter.
Drawings of key adapter assemblies
Coupling mechanism. It looks like a welded structure inserted into the main frame and bolted to it. Consists of two pieces of square pipe welded onto each other and a piece of regular “water” pipe with a gauge of 1.1.5 inches.
In the pipe, not fully inserted, clamped by a bolt, a stem with a welded on homemade tee. The stem is lubricated with grease and allows the tee to rotate along the axis, to provide a rolling effect when moving on uneven ground.
Wheel attachment assembly. The structure consists of two perpendicularly welded pipe sections. The horizontal section is inserted into the fixing pipe and bolted together. On the vertical part, an axle with a wheel is fixed (on bearings).
Other nodes of the adapter are not so important, and we will not consider them.
Additional Drawings of Simple Adapter
Below is a drawing of one of the most structurally simple adapters.
Welded to the frame, made of a square profiled pipe 5050 mm in size and 2 mm thick: