How to Install a Stihl 180 Piston
Rule number 1: Keeping clean. the golden rule that must always be followed. Perhaps this is not so important when driving, but when repairing it must be observed MANDATORY!
Before installing the engine, try to call in the sink and ask for all the dirt to be removed with a high-pressure apparatus and wash the engine with a special engine cleaner. Attention: you must not wash a hot motor, turn off the battery, after washing, be sure to dry the motor and blow out the wire connections with compressed air.
Rule number 2: Keep track of what was removed and how it stood.
Let’s get started.
First we need to remove the motor (on some models of scooters, for example, Honda Dio models manufactured before 1994, you can change the piston without removing the entire motor.
1. Unscrew and remove everything that prevents this: the rear brake cable, the gas cable, electric cups, carburetor and oil hoses, a shock absorber.
2. As a rule, the motor is attached to the frame with one bolt. We twist it and roll out the unit from under the scooter
3. Remove the air filter, silencer, generator and cylinder covers. Using a brush and compressor, remove all dust from the cylinder, if necessary, you will have to repeat the washing of the cylinder. Everything should be perfectly clean.
4. Unscrew the candle and unscrew the nuts (bolts) securing the cylinder head.
5. Remove the head and cylinder (if it does not, then you can pick it up with a mount)
Video: How to Install a Stihl 180 Piston
6. Be sure to lay a clean cloth between the connecting rod and the crankcase walls to prevent foreign objects from entering the crankcase, which could result in damage to the crankshaft and piston group.
7. Remove the piston pin stopper and squeeze the finger. Remove the piston. We take out the cage (bearing). Remove the old gasket.
Assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
1. Install the separator, lubricate it with oil (it is best to use a medical syringe for this. The same oil that you fill in the tank)
2. Attention new piston, cylinder, piston pin. Before installation, rinse with gasoline and blow with compressed air to remove the preservative.
3. Install the rings. Do it very carefully since rings are easy to break.
4. Install the stopper.
5. We put the piston on the connecting rod and insert the piston pin, install the second stopper. VERY IMPORTANT: when installing the piston, make sure that the mark on the upper side of the piston (arrow, "EX". ) was directed towards the issue side, i.e. towards the muffler.
6. Lubricate the cylinder walls with oil. Put on the new cylinder gasket. Locks of rings associate with stoppers. Squeeze the rings and carefully put on the cylinder. Do not apply force when installing the cylinder, the piston must enter tightly, with a small resistance (if this is not so, then check that the rings are installed correctly.
7. Install the cylinder head through the gasket and tighten "by hand" nuts. Tightening should be carried out cross to cross using a torque wrench with an force of 10 Nm.
8. We put a candle, casings, a silencer, a filter and put the motor in place, connect all the hoses, electric cups, cables. Be sure to service the air filter.
9. That’s it. We start and proceed to run-in.
PISTON REPLACEMENT (50-125 cc) Viper Aktive JH 110, (Viper Asset), Viper Delta JH 70 (Delta), Viper ALHFA JH 70 (Alpha), Viper RIGA JH 70 (Riga), SABUR JH 90 (Sabur), Mustang JH 50 (Mustang), ALHFA-MOTO JH 110 (Alpha) (50-180 cc) VIPER QT-6 Grand prix (Hockey player), Viper QT.7 (RASE), Viper QT.9 Shtorm, Viper QT.9 Shtorm ( lens), Viper QT.9 Shtorm (NEW), Viper QT.10 ZIP R-3, Viper QT.16 WIND (125-250 ss) VIPER ZUBR (Bison), FIVE-STAR (Bison), VIPER F5 (Viper F5 ), Viper XT 200 (Viper XT 200), Viper ZS 125, Zongshen ZS200GS, Zongshen ZS250GS.