How to saw porcelain tumors with a jigsaw. How to saw ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles with an electrician
Cutting porcelain tumors with a jigsaw
If there are no standard tools for cutting tiles at hand, then you can cut the tiles with an electrician or even a regular jigsaw. And how. Let’s figure it out!
Electricter, of course, is not the version of the tool that every home craftsman has. However, if it is available, you can not worry about tile cutting!
Features of work
Working with this tool, you should adhere to strict rules:
- It is desirable that you have protective glasses and clothes, which excludes the possibility of “capture” with a peel of a jigsaw during work;
- Look at a special headdress that will not allow your hair to be in the area of the tool;
- Try not to overload the tool while working;
- If you have completed the work, not only turn off the tool, but also turn it off from the network;
- If during work you damaged the cable, disconnect it without touching it directly unprotected hands;
- If an electrician is faulty, then the work with such a tool is strictly prohibited;
- It is not recommended to work with an electrician canopy, holding the material in the hands;
- You can not disconnect a working electrician from the network, first press the button;
- If circular sparks will occur when working on the surface, then the work by an electrician is prohibited;
- If the lubricant flows, stop the work right there;
- If smoke appears, as well as the smell of burning rubber, immediately turn off the tool;
- If the tool vibrates excessively during operation, if cracks appear on the case, stop working right there.
Well, we got acquainted with safety precautions, now we move on to the main works.
Principle of operation
Cutting the tile is quite simple, the only one, you should immediately stock up on the appropriate files that can be purchased in specialized stores. So, the work looks like:
How to Cut Tiles with Wickes
- A tile that you plan to cut is laid on a flat, stable surface;
- Electrician is brought, installed in such a way that when turning on, the saw does not immediately touch the cut site;
- The engine is turned on;
- Smoothly, only by directing the tool, make a cut.
The disadvantage of this method is that the files are very often dull, and they have to be replaced, and so. Cutting the tile with an electrician would be a pleasure!
Well, we go to his manual analogue.
Preparation for work and auxiliary devices used
Electric jigsaw refers to universal tools. In professional hands, he is able to replace several devices at once. Before use, the master first always checks the lack of damage to the power cable.
Then the professional applies a clear markup to the part that needs to be cut. Laser guide is often used, but not every electrical tool is equipped with it. If it is absent, the specialist focuses on the tags that are on the sole of the jigsaw during the saw.
Before you saw it with an electrician, most masters buy different additional devices, including:
- A guide tire. Makes a lighter straight incision easier;
- Circular with a parallel emphasis. Is used for sawing around the circle;
- Metal or plastic removable lining on the sole. Increases the sliding of the tool according to the sawing building material;
- Parallel emphasis. Is used when cutting in a straight line;
- Anti.Slip liner. Allows you to reduce the likelihood of chips on the processed material and is especially often used when working with laminated surfaces.
In addition to additional devices, for a high.Quality saw, the master still selects a suitable cutting canvas, taking into account the structure of the sawed material and the operating mode of the power tool. The specialist performs such actions automatically.
Cutting with a grinder
If the choice fell on this tool, you should immediately prepare for the fact that the workflow will be accompanied by a large volume of dust and dirt. In addition, security measures must be observed. The presence of gloves and protective glasses is a prerequisite for preparing for the operation. The corner grinding machine should have a special cover that protects the material from fragments.
Depending on the planned result, you can determine how to cut porcelain tiles at home by a grinder. For example, it can be a curly or straightforward processing. In the course of work, it is not necessary to try to cover the entire thickness of the element, since the tile can easily break off the created incision. However, this line should be deeper than in the case of a sharp ordinary ceramic tile. Among the shortcomings of the use of the grinder, the need to ensure special working conditions and the relatively low cut quality can be highlighted. The first minus is due to the fact that there is a lot of dust and fragments, and the second is associated with gross processing with diamond abrasives.
Using an electric jigsaw for cutting porcelain tiles is not the best and fastest way. Ceramics canvases are necessary when it is necessary to perform curved cuts. When choosing, the main requirement is the presence of carbide.
As you know, an electric jigsaw has a very rich arsenal of saws on various materials. Each canvas has certain features, manufacturing metal and the size of the teeth. Among such a variety, a saw on a tile is considered one of the most popular and common. You can find it in almost any store with components for a construction tool.
In its structure, the canvas on the tile departs from the usual, classical understanding of the file. She has no cloves, and the role of the cutting element is performed by solid abrasive or diamond spraying. The quality and speed of sawing such a nozzle depend on its grainness. The higher this indicator, the slower the cut, but a better cutting line. The low value of the granularity, on the contrary, increases the speed of sawing, but creates more chips on the material. The granularity is measured in micrometers (microns) and is usually indicated on the packaging of the canvas.
Choose an electrician on the tile tips for cutting ceramic tiles with a jigsaw.
Electrolobsik on the tile is useful when lining with ceramic tiles of walls and floor, when you are faced with the need to cut tiles.
Tiles. Indispensable material for wall decoration in the kitchen and in the bathroom. Many people use tiles to decorate walls, because the variety of shapes and colors delight the eye. In addition, ceramic tiles and tiles for a long time preserves the original shine. Want to put tiles yourself. No problem! All you need is a comb spatuator, an electrician with a special peel for tiles and, of course, a construction mixer for kneading the solution.
Why is it convenient to use an electrician when laying tiles?
There are many tools for cutting ceramic tiles, among them. Tile cutter, grinder and cutter. But if you are not professionally engaged in laying tiles and you have an electrician, it is much more profitable to just buy special files (saw canvases) designed for work with tiles, and not spend money on an expensive tool. Electrics. A useful tool, they can perform work with almost any material, the main thing is to choose the right files.
If you need to get a straight or curly cut, then an electrician with a special tile file will perfectly cope with this task. Tip: It is better to moisten the cutting place. This will significantly reduce the amount of excessive dust and chips, especially on the iconic tiles.
For work with tiles, abrasive files are designed, they allow not only to cut the tiles into pieces, but also to make figured cutouts inside the material, for example, under an outlet or switch, which you can’t do so easily by other tools. It is worth noting that such files are well cut only wall tiles. You can use this saw canvas for thick floor tiles or tiles, but it is more expensive. The saw will go bad very quickly, but it costs not cheap today! For such purposes, it is better to use a tile cutter or a grinder with a diamond disk.
A figured cut can also be obtained using a special tile saw or diamond wire inserted into a hand.Lobby. Of course, the process of cutting the tiles with a hand.Made tile is very long, so this method is better suited for those cases when the cut line is very curved and other methods are simply not suitable.
Tile cutting tiles
To cut the pieces, use an electrolobian with a nozzle designed to work with tiles.
Comers the irregularities of the surface on which the tiles will be laid, or apply more glue so that it penetrated into the cracks.
Use a spatula to create a wavy surface and attach the tile.
Remove the excess glue with a dry clean cloth.
To cut holes in the tile, for example, under the outlet and do not make tiles, you can use the jigsaw on the tile with a special tungsten thread. To do this, drill a hole in the tile, insert a jigsaw there and start cut. There is another way. Cutting out an electrician. The hole is also drilled with a drill, and then a special canvas (for example, Bosch Triff) is made.
Few people know about this jigsaw function!
To saw porcelain tiles with a jigsaw, you need to stock up on a sufficient number of replaceable files (diamond files for stone) and patience. To solve this problem in large volumes, it is better to use an electric tile.
Crama cutting products
To cut the tiles with a grinder, it is necessary to master the three directions of the cut.
It is not difficult to master it, at the same time the cut line is clean and without chips. When performing work, the tiles are securely fixed on a flat surface, marked with a pencil or felt.Tip pen. The cut part should freely hang from the table. The cutting tool is located at right angles to the workpiece. Carefully, without jerks, slowly lead the Ushm along the marked line. The tool should be moved to yourself in such a way that the marked line is visible.
At an angle of 450
It is often necessary to dock, and this implies a cut of material at an angle of forty.Five degrees. Such an angle can only be obtained with a large training. But you can use this technique: first they cut off the workpiece in a straight line, and then neatly with a disk, a skin or shred stone, the edge is treated at the right angle.
How to cut Porcelain Tile using a Wet Saw
Often there is a need to cut a round hole in the tile. You can do the work correctly with Ushm if there are certain skills. To do this, marry the hole on the workpiece and the line is circled by the felt.Tip pen, the center of the circle is noted. Begin to cut at a slight angle, slowly, on the inside of the line, gradually passing throughout the circumference. Then the sectors are cut out, they are taken out in turn, if necessary, cutting ceramics. Finally process the edges with a file, receiving a flat circle. This processing is called a dry cutter.
When performing figured processing of the workpiece, it is easiest to perform rectangular cuts. In order for the sections to be even, without chips, it is necessary to regularly change the cut.Out circle. If you use segmented discs, then chips must appear on the cut line.
Block: 3/7 | Summer characters: 1843Source: http: // tehnika.Expert/Dlya-Monta/Bolgarka/Kak-Pravilno-Rezat-Plitku.HTML
Used tools and methods of cutting
Not everyone on the farm has the necessary tools, which may be required to cut ceramic or tiles. Therefore, you often have to cope with an improvised inventory. In this section, we propose to get acquainted with the details and methods that will come to the rescue in each individual case.
Using glass cutter
Glass cutter is a simple improvised tool. They try to use it exclusively if necessary to cut out thin tiles. It is used only for a rectilinear section, especially those who have no skills in such a case. To implement the right cut, follow the step.By.Step instructions:
- Take a metal thin bar is suitable (a long ruler is also suitable), put it at the alleged cut line.
- With the help of glass cutter, scratch the glaze of the tile, performing the same degree of pressing along the entire length of the line.
- Be sure to pay attention to the beginning and end of the scratch. They should not be weakly exposed, as there is a risk of cutting off to the side at the edges.
After a thin marking line, you can begin to divide the building material into fragments. For this purpose, we offer several simple options:
- Using an even angle. Ideally, if it is a vertical or horizontal metal corner or a wooden bar is stiff enough. Before the blow, take the tile for two opposite parts from the cut line. Aim so that the blow falls as much as possible on the line from the back side. Then knock once with sufficient strength. Choose a corner so that it towards the surface of 10-15 cm, this will prevent touching the surface with the hand, from which the bevel of the cut is possible;
- Using a hard rod. Its role may have a durable pencil, a reinforced rod, the diameter of which is at least 8-15 mm. At the same time, the length should be sufficient so that at a time it could be carried out in its entire length. Put the tiles with the back of the rod and at the same time take a blow with both hands on both sides of the cut line;
- Setting between the clamps. Fix the tile between two clamps at the place of fault. For example, two bars or small products from durable plywood can serve as fixers. Provide the cut with perfectly smooth and thin edges. On the one hand, fasten two bars with screws, and then place the tile between them. After additionally, click the structure under the pressure of your own weight and perform a sharp blow to the protruding area.
All of the listed options for faults and incisions using glass cutter are applicable only to tile tiles. For fragmentation of floor porcelain tiles, the first method will be unrealized, since the finishing material is thicker and cannot be divided into this method of division.
The grinder has long been considered a universal tool, therefore, for cutting tiles, it is often used. In order to make a cut of tile or porcelain tile to the unit, you need a whole algorithm of action. It consists of the following next points:
- Prepare for work. To do this, put on personal protective equipment. Gloves, mounting glasses, respirator.
- Then, on the selected section of the tiles, make markings where you need to cut. To do this, use glass cutter, a sharp drill from a diamond or winning alloy. You can draw a line with a marker. But this marking option is unreliable, since when harvesting pollution, the drawn strip is wiped.
- Put the tiles on a flat surface so that some of it is from the edge. Cut the top layer of tiles by 2-3 mm, then repeat the procedure until the material is divided into the required number of parts. You can immediately make a deep neckline, but in this case it should be gradually performed 2.5-3 cm along the line. Must help the assistant or independent reliable fixation of tile raw materials.
But before starting the tile section, a suitable method should be selected for yourself. It can be any of the following:
- Reusable deepening. Up to three millimeters until the tile is completely separated;
- Cut immediately to the entire thickness when performing small segments. 2 cm each;
- Marking on both sides, and a cut with the back. This option will prevent damage to the glazed layer on the front of the tiles if available.
For this type of work, you should choose exclusively new or perfectly sharpened discs. Otherwise, fragmentation of tiles can turn out with faults.
Briefly about the main thing
For cutting tiles at home, tools with solid cutting, rollers or interchangeable disks are used.
Glass cutter is practically not cut by porcelain. Resort to manual tile cutter.
With interchangeable diamond circles, the use of a grinder, circular saw, electrical tile cutter is acceptable.
Artistic cutting can be performed with a manual jigsaw with a diamond wire or a more advanced hydro.Carbrane machine.
Holes in the form of a circle are formed with cores, crowns or ballerinka. For a large diameter, they resort to a grinder or an electrician.