Stihl Fs 55 Does Not Download Fuel
Caring for a personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the brushcutter does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of the unit useful at the cottage needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the brushcutter does not start or immediately stalls after start-up, it is necessary to check all the main components and assemblies in sequence. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be fixed after a thorough inspection.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gas spit, check the availability and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). It is necessary to prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its quantity from real needs. Excess gasoline remaining after work over time loses its quality.
We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the brushcutter stalls at start-up, then a filled candle may become the cause. Here, for repair, an ordinary candle key (probably every motorist has one) and a spare candle will do.
- We twist the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not calcine);
- The excess fuel in the chamber is drained through the spark plug hole and dried;
- We clear an old candle from a deposit by means of a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We return everything to its place and try to start a trimmer.
Dry the canal for at least 30-40 minutes. Otherwise, there is a risk of re-pouring a new candle.
If the candle is working, the nest where it is completely dry and the brushcutter does not want to start, we lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly moistened. No matter what wonderful spark a candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, a cause such as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire should be excluded. If the connection is high-quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here you can’t do without a master, because the part is not being repaired, but sold as a complete unit.
Diagnostics of the brushcutter filters
Another reason that the gas braid stalls may be an air filter. To exclude it, try to remove the filter and start the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow out and thoroughly clean the old one.
Video: Stihl Fs 55 Does Not Download Fuel
A gas trimmer may not start up due to contamination of the fuel filter. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, change it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can result in repair of the engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust channel
Often, “gentle” branded models of gas mowers do not start and stall due to contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the fuel supply. You can fix the problem by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
The normal operation of the braids with internal combustion engines may be impaired due to the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older models. You can solve the problem by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark mesh.
complex causes of brushcutter failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not give a result, and your braid still does not start or stalls, it is worth examining the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for unstable tool operation. Three main problems can be distinguished here:
- Clogged channels or jets. All this is cleaned with special washes or purged with a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wire, as passage sections may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit. replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing a manometer with a suitable one. Keep an eye on the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to fall, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the gas trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. If chips, scratches, or nicks are found on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory inspection. A slight piston loophole while rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to service center specialists.
Rules for the operation and storage of petrol scythes
In order for the brushcutter to start up well in the future, it is necessary to provide it with good storage and operating conditions:
- during operation, carefully monitor the cooling system, carefully and timely clean the channels in the housing, as well as the fins of the starter;
- if necessary, use solvents, kerosene and other detergents for cleaning;
- do not clean the tool “hot”. let it cool;
- Strictly follow the requirements of the instruction regarding the operating mode, otherwise you may overheat the engine;
- if you do not plan to use the brushcutter in the next month, the fuel mixture must be drained from it, because over time it breaks up into heavy fractions that will definitely clog the carburetor channels;
- after draining the fuel, let the trimmer idle until it dies, this will help to completely remove the remains of the working mixture.
Before winter storage, follow these steps:
- completely disassemble the braid, rinse and clean all the details that you can;
- inspect the parts for damage, if necessary, eliminate distortions, gusts, bends and any other malfunctions;
- Pour enough oil into the gearbox and clean the air filter;
- you can partially disassemble the motor, flush, blow and grease all moving parts;
- in order to lubricate the piston, you need to unscrew the candle, raise the piston to the dead center with the starter, pour a little oil into the spark plug hole and rotate the crankshaft a couple of times;
- if you are not keeping the brushcutter in your home, wind the engine with an oiled rag.
Remember, careful observance of the rules will allow you to forget that it is bad to start a brushcutter for several seasons.