Trimmer Won’T Start On Hot Cause
Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
The fuel mixture must be prepared with the exact proportions of gasoline and oil. In this case, you cannot use another brand of fuel. To exclude the ingress of dirt, gasoline should settle in glass or metal containers for 2 days. Do not use plastic utensils for storing fuel. Measure oil accurately with a medical syringe without a needle. Use only freshly prepared mixture, do not leave unused fuel in the tank. If the engine is naughty, the lawn mower stalls, when you press the gas, the fuel may be to blame.
Checking the ignition system, if the lawn mower does not start, is carried out sequentially:
- Clean the removed candle from carbon and dirt, dry it, set a gap of 1 mm;
- Connect to high-voltage wire and check for spark by pulling the starter several times;
- If there is no spark, check the high-voltage wire for integrity;
- Replace the candle;
- Dry the candle channel;
- At the same time, the operation of the ignition coil is checked, it is faulty if the working plug does not spark.
It is in the event of a malfunction of the ignition coil of the lawn mower does not start up hot, stalls, works intermittently.
Cleaning or replacing the air and fuel filter will ensure the proper consumption of ingredients entering the carburetor. The air filter can be washed in soapy water or replaced. If nylon fabric is used, it is washed, the porous felt filler is replaced. Change the fuel filter carefully without leaving the intake manifold open. Whether it is necessary to replace the air filter can be determined if the engine starts with the air cleaner removed. Do I need to change the grid on the fuel supply if the lawn mower does not start, a dry candle will tell.
Breather, gas tank air inlet. If it gets clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank and the mixture does not enter the carburetor. The hole can be blown out with air or cleaned with a needle. Clean the exhaust duct, remove the anti-spark screen of the muffler.
Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor
The maximum and minimum engine speed, smooth idle speed are regulated by the carburetor. The stable operation of the lawn mower depends on the amount of the supplied combustible mixture and air, their ratio. The lawn mower will not start if the carburetor adjustment is not correct. The procedure for adjusting the device for supplying fuel at low speed (L), high speed (H) and idle (T) is regulated by the screws of the same name:
- The chainsaw must run for at least 10 minutes, since the adjustment is carried out hot.
- Screw H is turned smoothly to maximum speed, then turned by ¼, counterclockwise, reducing the speed of rotation of the engine shaft.
- Idling is adjusted with the screw T, ensuring that the scythe does not rotate.
- The screw L is adjusted, at first opening the maximum throttle, and then smoothly reducing the speed to stable minimum.
After adjustment, a serviceable carburetor with cleaned filters and a checked ignition must ensure the engine is running. In the event of a carburetor malfunction, after repairing it, you will need to adjust the feed system again before starting the lawn mower.
Rare breakdowns that prevent lawn mowers from working can be:
- Rewind spring defective;
- Broken or stuck starter pulley;
- Defective starter assembly.
The most important malfunction, the elimination of which is associated with replacing the engine, may be the failure of the engine piston group. The cost of repairs will cost about 70% of the cost of the product. Understanding the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start will help:
How not to get confused if the lawn mower won’t start
The tool, despite its small size, is a complex technical device. If you study the operating instructions, it turns out that the reasons why the lawn mower does not start are known and removable. It is necessary to consistently eliminate the factors that make it difficult to start the tool. Usually start with more accessible nodes with an easy health check.
All the reasons why the lawn mower does not start can be classified according to the specifics of the operation of individual units. In the service center, faults are classified:
- Engine malfunction (piston wear, bearing malfunction, crankcase crack);
- Malfunction of the fuel mixture supply. clogged pores of the air filter or carburetor malfunction;
- The ignition system does not work;
- Mechanical malfunction. leaking hoses, broken braided wires, ruptured tubes.
The user first needs to check if there is fuel in the tank. Start up in accordance with the instructions with the saw on its side. Set the air damper to the “closed” position, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks with the starter. If the engine is running, open the air damper. The lawn mower does not start. we repeat the operations with a slightly open air damper.
If the launch fails, we start looking for the reason for the failure:
- Check fuel quality;
- Make sure that the candle is working and the candle channel is clean;
- Check the cleanliness of the air filter;
- Make sure the fuel filter is not clogged;
- Check the cleanliness of the breather;
- Clean the outlet.
complex reasons will be found during the diagnosis of malfunctions leading to overhaul of the carburetor. Such reasons include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear of the gasket on it and a violation of the tightness of the internal halls with a loss of vacuum. Do-it-yourself lawn mowers repair, if it won’t start, will take patience.
Taking proper care of your chainsaw
There are no unnecessary phrases in the operating instructions, everything that is offered is aimed at trouble-free operation of the lawn mowers. Cleaning all parts after each work cycle facilitates the easy removal of uncured residues and dirt. Only the cooled nodes need to be cleaned. This technique contributes to the quality of air cooling of the engine and gearbox.
For refueling, you must use fuel with the oil recommended in the instructions. If the combustible mixture is left in the fuel tank, the oil will float up and, when started, will land on the damper, impairing its adjustment. The mixture can sediment and clog the fuel feed in the carburetor.
It is impossible, it is dangerous for the tool and the health of the mower, to use a metal cable instead of a fishing line. It cuts more efficiently, but the load on the gearbox and engine increases. A worn-out piece of wire, when it comes off, flies at the speed of a bullet. Effective mowing can lead to early wear of the engine piston group. For more efficient mowing, it is suggested to use the "star" line profile.
Gasoline trimmer won’t start: causes and remedies
- Diagnostic features
- Main reasons
- Ways to eliminate breakage
- Recommendations for use
Given the specifics of using gasoline trimmers, their owners often have to deal with certain problems. One of the most common troubles is that the lawn mower won’t start or gain momentum. For the fastest and most effective elimination of such a problem, you should have an idea of the main causes of possible malfunctions.
Ways to eliminate breakage
It’s no secret that the best and most effective repair method is to prevent possible malfunctions. As already noted, one of the key points is how well the gasoline-oil mixture is prepared. Its components must be at least AI-92 gasoline and high-quality engine oil. The proportions for which the mixture is prepared are indicated in the manufacturer’s manual included with any gasoline trimmer. As a rule, oil is added to gasoline using an ordinary medical syringe. In this way, the easiest way is to maintain the appropriate proportions.
Quite often, if problems arise with starting the lawn mowers, the owners of the tool try to carry out repairs with their own hands. With the necessary knowledge and skills, this approach will significantly reduce operating costs. First of all, it is worth checking the fuel system and, in particular, the filter element. If a blockage is found, the easiest way is to replace the filter with a new one. If the air filter has become the source of problems, then you can get out of a difficult situation even in the process of work with little time. You will need to do the following:
- Remove the filter element;
- Directly in working conditions, you can wash the filter with the used gasoline;
- When operating a scythe at home or at a summer cottage, water and simple detergents are used for cleaning;
- After washing, the part is thoroughly rinsed and dried;
- A completely dry filter should be lubricated with engine oil;
- The excess lubricant is removed by squeezing the filter element with your hands;
- The cleaned part is put in place and the plastic cover is fixed with screws.
If the described actions do not provide a positive result, then the next step is to adjust the idle speed using the appropriate carburetor screw. Many publications ands posted on the World Wide Web are devoted to this topic. When trying to solve the problems in question, there are several steps you can take.
- The trimmer is placed on the side so that the "air" is on top. This will allow the fuel mixture to flow to the bottom of the carburetor. Often, attempts to start the internal combustion engine are successful if you first dismantle the mentioned part and literally send a couple of drops of gasoline directly to the carburetor itself.
- If, after all the described actions, the scythe did not work out, then attention should be paid to the state of the candle and, in particular, the presence of a spark. In parallel, all fuel is completely removed from the combustion chamber.
- Often, lawn mower owners find themselves in situations where the fuel and air filters are clean, the candles are in good order, the fuel mixture is fresh and of high quality, but the internal combustion engine does not show signs of life. In such cases, experienced specialists recommend using a universal and proven method of launching many years of practice. It is necessary to move the air damper to the closed position and pull the starter handle once. After that, the damper opens and the engine is started 2-3 times. In the vast majority of cases, the result is positive.
The spark plug can be flooded with fuel during the start of the trimmer ICE. Even with a high-quality mixture and a good spark, starting the device is unlikely to work. The most effective way out is to remove the candle and dry it. In parallel, you can check this spare part for operability, if any faults are found, replace it. This procedure includes a number of simple steps, namely:
- Mute the device and wait for the power unit to cool completely;
- Disconnect the wire;
- Remove the candle itself;
- Inspect the dismantled part;
- Make sure there is a gap (0.6 mm);
- Screw in a new, working plug and tighten.
In practice, many repair work related to the fact that the scythe has stopped starting up and which sooner or later one has to deal with during the operation of a household lawn mower, it is quite possible to cope independently. But in case of serious malfunctions, it would be most rational to contact a specialized service. However, the key factor in such cases will be the ratio of the repair cost to the price of a new trimmer.
From a technical point of view, trimmers can be classified as complex devices. Based on this, it is strongly recommended to carefully study the corresponding instructions before using them. However, in practice, many ignore it, often later find themselves in situations where the gasoline trimmer does not start or picks up poorly during operation. It should be noted that similar problems can be encountered when acquiring new models of equipment.
The key to effective and prompt repair will, of course, be a competent diagnosis of the device. In the process of troubleshooting, you will have to inspect and test, first of all, key elements. The list of these includes candles, a tank, filter units and fuel system valves. As practice shows, very often malfunctions of these particular elements become the reason that the lawn mower does not start. The quality and correctness of the preparation of the fuel mixture deserves special attention, especially when it comes to two-stroke engines. With regard to this parameter, the manufacturer’s recommendations should be strictly followed in order to avoid serious breakdowns and expensive repair work. In the case, for example, with a piston group of internal combustion engines, costs can be up to 70 percent of the cost of new technology.
Often, trimmer owners have to deal with situations where the specified mixture is of high quality, the carburetor is in good working order and configured, and the device still does not show signs of life when trying to start the engine. In such cases, you should check the condition of the candle. The following steps will troubleshoot the problem:
- Unscrew the candle;
- Wipe and dry the part (annealing is undesirable);
- Remove fuel and dry the spark plug channel for 30–40 minutes; such actions will avoid flooding the candle at the next start-up attempt;
- Completely eliminate traces of carbon deposits using a file or sandpaper;
- Set the appropriate clearance;
- Put the candle back in place.
If the candle turns out to be working and the seat is completely dry, and the scythe engine does not start, then the threads should be moistened with gasoline. It is worth remembering that regardless of the quality of the spark that is emitted, initially there will be nothing to ignite in a completely dry chamber. Faced with the fact that the spark does not come, it is worth paying attention to checking the contact between the high-voltage wiring and the spark plugs. If this connection turns out to be of good quality, then it will be necessary to check the performance of the ignition system control unit. In such cases, it is unlikely that it will be possible to do without the services of a qualified specialist.
The next step in diagnosing a gasoline streamer will be to check the condition of the filters. Often, the lawn mower does not start well or does not start at all on a cold one due to the clogged air filter. You can identify this malfunction by excluding it from the system. If after that the braid starts up, then you will have to clean or change this element. Experienced users strongly recommend periodically purging the air filter to maximize its useful life.
The described tool may also fail to start due to problems with the supply of gasoline caused by a dirty fuel filter. To quickly and effectively eliminate such a breakdown, you just need to replace the filter element with a new one. It is important to remember that the suction inlet must be equipped with a filter, as provided by all instructions. Failure to comply with these rules and recommendations can lead to expensive piston repairs. In the process of diagnosing and searching for the source of problems with starting the mower, attention should be paid to the breather, which is responsible for stabilizing the pressure equalization in the fuel tank. In addition, it is necessary to check the cleanliness of the exhaust port and the muffler mesh. As a rule, such problems are most often encountered when troubleshooting old models.
As practice shows, gasoline trimmers stop starting or function normally after winter, that is, long-term seasonal storage. Before further attempts to run the tool, thorough diagnostics should be performed to determine the source of the problem. At the moment, there are several most common causes of malfunction.
- Initially, it is necessary to check the quality of the fuel. Saving in such cases can have extremely negative consequences. Experienced lawn mower owners and experts advise preparing a mixture, the volume of which will correspond to the forthcoming work, since its surplus quickly loses its qualities.
- Trimmers of such famous brands as, for example, Husgvarna, Makita, Stihl, are very sensitive to the fuel used. It is about the quality of the fuel and the octane number. Providing suitable operating conditions and extending the service life of equipment will allow refueling with high-quality gasoline.
- At the moment of starting the engine of the lawn mower, it may stall due to the fact that it fills the spark plug. Often in such situations you have to deal with the need to adjust the carburetor. It is worth noting that similar problems arise when the braid stops getting hot.
- Sometimes the tool cannot be started, although the plug is wet, which in turn indicates that the fuel mixture has entered the combustion chamber. As a rule, this is one of the symptoms that there is no spark. The reasons may be the lack of normal contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire, or drying out of the threaded connection in the spark plug channel.
- If there are no problems with the spark, and at the same time the candle itself remains dry, then most often this indicates that gasoline is not being pumped. There may be several reasons for this situation. We are talking, in particular, about the condition of the fuel filter and carburetor.
- The internal combustion engine of the streamer does not start or immediately after starting it stops working, which may be due to clogging of the air filter, which prevents the normal supply of air necessary to enrich the mixture.
Recommendations for use
The stability of the operation of any lawn mowers and the absence of problems with starting the power unit of such devices directly depend on the conditions in which the tool is used and the quality of maintenance. And we are talking about the following basic rules:
- In the process of work, it is necessary to pay special attention to the cooling system and other elements; it is strongly recommended to timely and efficiently clean the channels located on the scythe body and the ribs of the starter;
- In the process of processing various elements, solvents, gasoline, kerosene and other effective means can be used;
- These works should be carried out after the power unit has completely cooled down;
- It is necessary to fully comply with all the rules specified in the relevant instructions drawn up by the developers of the described tool, which will avoid overloads in a warm engine, which in turn is the most common cause of serious damage;
- All remaining fuel in the internal combustion engine should be completely drained before long breaks in the operation of the streamer; it should be borne in mind that the gasoline-oil mixture decomposes rather quickly into the so-called heavy fractions, which inevitably clog the carburetor;
- After removing the fuel, it is required to start the engine and let it run on XX until it stalls itself; in this way, the remaining mixture will be completely removed from the internal combustion engine.
Particular attention should be paid to preparing the instrument for long-term seasonal storage. This should be done to minimize the risk of problems with starting the engine. Competent preparation includes the following manipulations:
- Disassemble the trimmer completely;
- Thoroughly rinse and clean all items to which you have access;
- Inspect the parts of the lawn mowers in order to identify defects (mechanical damage found during this should be eliminated);
- Pour engine oil into the gearbox;
- Carry out high-quality cleaning from clogging of the air filter element;
- With the appropriate knowledge and practical skills, it is possible to carry out a partial disassembly of the power plant with subsequent purging and lubrication of the moving elements;
- Roll up the assembled gasoline braid with a pre-oiled rag.
In addition to everything already listed, it is necessary to lubricate the piston group. This algorithm provides for the following simple manipulations:
- Remove the candle;
- Transfer the piston to top dead center (TDC) with a starter;
- Pour a small amount of engine oil into the cylinder;
- Crank the crankshaft several times.
Regardless of the cost and brand of equipment, you should clearly follow all the requirements of the relevant instructions and adhere to the recommendations of developers and experienced specialists. Today, detailed information regarding the correct use of such equipment can be easily found on many specialized sites and forums.
Next, see how to determine and eliminate the reason why the gasoline trimmer does not start.
Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
Because he worked his way. Why, there can be any number of answers to this question. Bad fuel is far from an argument. Maybe a person doesn’t know how to use it, and that’s why it’s wrong. Fuel does not flow, the candle is broken, the wires are broken, did not turn on, does not know how to use, the trimmer is burnt out / broken, but you never know what other reasons may be. There is also such. hand hooks.
There may be several reasons why the petrol trimmer won’t start.
If the trimmer does not start or immediately stalls after starting, then the problem may be in the fuel tank (namely, as fuel), in the spark plug and drainage duct, in the air or fuel filter, in the breather or in the exhaust duct.
1). It is imperative that before starting the trimmer, you need to check the availability, and most importantly, the quality of the fuel mixture.
2). The trimmer may not start or stall with a flooded spark plug. It will need to be unscrewed and wiped.
You need to dry the candle channel for at least 3040 minutes. Otherwise, a new candle may also fill up.
3). If the trimmer starts without an air filter, then it is better to replace the old filter with a new one.
4). Trimmer may not start if fuel filter is dirty.
Five). Also, the trimmer may not start due to a dirty breather.
Also, the reason may be the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the muffler mesh.
The gasoline trimmer may stop starting for several reasons at the same time.
First: try to clean the carburetor. dirt will damage the mower.
Secondly: a vacuum may form in the barrel. If so, try making a small crack in the barrel lid.
Third: check if the trimmer setting is correct.
There are several reasons why the trimmer will not start. I will list the main ones:
- Bad fuel. Each trimmer model requires petrol with a specific octane rating. Check the instructions for use and make sure you fill in exactly the required.
- Flooded candles. At the same time, I advise you to check the candles for performance. Sometimes even new (in a box) candles may be inoperable or defective.
- The fuel mixture does not flow into the carburetor. Pump her up a little.
- The ignition coil is out of order.
- The muffler is clogged. It is necessary to free it from carbon deposits. To do this, carefully disassemble and clean (you can burn on a gas burner).
Usually, our trimmer would not start after winter, and we used to take the trimmer to the workshop almost every spring, where it was repaired to us. But, once, a knowledgeable person advised us in. First, never leave gasoline in the trimmer for the winter, because old gasoline can be the reason that the trimmer does not start, and he also said that it is necessary for the trimmer plant to pump the carburetor with a fuel mixture. After we began to follow these rules, our problems with the trimmer disappeared.
First of all, you can see the candle. If necessary, replace it, making sure that the spark plug is not broken and gives a normal spark. The next problem will be lurking in the fuel system. As mentioned above, we check the tightness, then we check the fuel filter, change it if necessary. We clean the carburetor, see the effect. It may be necessary to dig into the ignition system, adjust. To check the fuel system, you can pour a few grams directly into the cylinder through the plug screw holes, screw in the plug and try to start. At least the trimmer should make sounds of the engine running for 1-2 seconds and some smoke should fly out of the muffler.
If the trimmer does not start at all or it stalls immediately after starting, then you first need to look for the cause in the main components and assemblies, for this you need to check in the sequence below, so, this is the sequence:
These nodes are basically the whole problem.
Reasons why the petrol trimmer won’t start
The owner of a summer cottage cannot do without a lawn mower or trimmer. But in the process of its operation, situations may arise when this unit for some reason stops starting. And there can be many reasons for this. Let’s find out why the petrol trimmer won’t start.
Petrol trimmers often do not start after trying to "put them into operation" after long-term storage. But since this has happened the gasoline trimmer will not start the spark plug trimmer. Failure to launch in this case is often caused by incorrect user actions.
If you are faced with exactly this phenomenon, then during a cold start you need to close the damper, and then pump a small amount of the fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle until you feel resistance, then start the trimmer with sharp and energetic movements.
Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
What to do when petrol trimmers won’t start?
The gasoline trimmer is a surprisingly necessary tool, with which you can mow not only a small clearing in front of the house, but also a whole large lawn. There are several if the trimmer does not start or if you immediately make sure that the candle is not broken. Unfortunately, there is nothing endless in this world, and therefore you may face the fact that petrol trimmers do not start.
Perform cold starts correctly!
Why the trimmer won’t start. reasons
To determine why the gasoline trimmer does not start well or constantly stalls, it is necessary to consistently check the operation of all the main components of the unit. This is especially important after long-term storage of the lawn mower. So, the main reasons for this behavior of the trimmer are as follows:
- The culprit for the lawn mower not starting may be a poor-quality oil-gasoline fuel mixture. It must be cooked strictly according to the instructions. Saving is not at all appropriate here, since it can lead to the failure of the entire piston group of the trimmer. Do not prepare too much fuel mixture, as excess gasoline will lose its quality over time.
- Be aware that petrol trimmers of brands such as Stihl, Husgvarna and some others will not start if they are filled with cheap petrol with a low octane number. Therefore, for such units it is necessary to use only high-quality high-octane fuel.
- If the trimmer stalls immediately upon start-up, it may have a flooded candle. In this case, you need to unscrew it and dry it thoroughly for half an hour. Then drain the excess fuel in the chamber, clean the candle from carbon deposits, put it back and try to start the lawn mower.
- If your new gasoline trimmer won’t start, there may be a lack of spark. And this happens because the socket where the candle is located is dry and the fuel does not ignite. Lightly moisten the thread of the spark plug with a few drops of gasoline.
- The gasoline trimmer may stall due to clogged air or fuel filters. It is best to replace such elements with new ones.
- The exhaust port and breather can also become clogged. Having cleaned these trimmer elements, it will be possible to start the unit without any problems.
- Another reason why the petrol trimmer won’t start, even when there is a spark, may be a clogged carburetor. To clean the ducts and nozzles, blow them out with compressed air using a compressor. Can be used to clean the carburetor and special rinse.
- If the carburetor gaskets are worn out, replace them. And if the tightness of this device is broken, you will have to identify the faulty carburetor part and replace it.
- The trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. However, it is better to change such parts of lawn mowers in a service center.
- Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
- Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
- Some reasons
- The main thing is the fuel mixture!
- Perform cold starts correctly!
- Why won’t the lawn mower start? Trimmer Troubleshooting
- Will not start on a cold trimmer. eliminate the cause
- And again the carburetor.
- New Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
- How not to get confused if the lawn mower won’t start
- Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
- Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor
- Taking proper care of your chainsaw