Which Fishing Line For Trimmer Is Better: Which To Choose?
Caring for a lawn or flower garden includes not only watering and weeding, but also cutting the grass. Bare land in a flower bed or summer area looks unattractive. Smooth, soft, green "carpet", of course, is much better.
Choose a fishing line for the trimmer
But to bring the lawn in this form, you need special equipment.
Why Lawn Mower?
This kind of gardening equipment is designed for not too large areas where maneuverability is more important than productivity. If we are talking about the same flower bed, then mowing grass in the immediate vicinity of the flowers using a wheeled lawn mower is unrealistic. A trimmer, electric or gasoline, will do just fine with this task.
The essence of his work is this: the fishing line or knife rotates at a fairly high speed and cut the stems. A string or cord is used specifically for cutting grass. Which fishing line for the trimmer is better depends on the task. For soft and hard grass, respectively, you need a cord with different technical characteristics.
Trimmer fishing line: features
To choose the right string, you need to consider several parameters. Firstly, the characteristics of the apparatus must indicate how thick the fishing line can be. When trying to refuel a cord with a large diameter, the thread on the spool will be confused, the engine will overheat, and the bushings will wear out much faster. Secondly, the task matters. mowing grass or cutting dead wood. The power of the device itself also puts its limitations.
The cross section of the fishing line for the trimmer ranges from 1.2 mm to 4 mm.
- 1.2 mm. 1.6 mm. the thin string is designed for continuous lawn care. It is used in devices of low power. up to 0.5 kW. This is a standard fishing line for an electric trimmer.
- From 2 mm. 2.4 mm. suitable for devices with a power of 1 kW. This is the most common option, as it allows you to cut both young and fairly tough overgrown grass. Since the lawn in the cottages is looked after a little less often than it should, a cord of 2.4 mm is most welcome.
- 3 mm. 3.2 mm is used for powerful gasoline appliances. Their task: to cope not only with grass, but also with thick stems of weeds and dead wood.
Video: Which Fishing Line For Trimmer Is Better: Which To Choose?
Some manufacturers paint the cord with a different cross-section color. So, the line for trimmers Calm with a diameter of 1.6 mm has a blue color, with a section of 2 mm. green, the popular 2.4 mm is painted in orange.
A string is sold in packaging. bays, the length varies from 10 to 100 m. However, there are also options for selling “cut-off”. In the photo. various types of cord with a section of 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm.
Choosing a fishing line not only in thickness but also in shape, this is why: the cord does not cut the stem, but interrupts it. A rotating string repeatedly hits the surface of the stem and, in the end, separates its upper part. For such work, the shape of the cutting edge is an important technical characteristic.
- Round. the most common, as it is universal: you can choose it for mowing both fresh and dry grass. It is considered less noisy, especially spiral. But this parameter is not important in all cases. A fishing line for a gas trimmer can be arbitrarily noisy, anyway, its engine is inaudible at the engine.
- Polygonal. from 3 to 6 faces. Sharp cutting edge better copes with coarse thick stems. So, a square cord with a cross section of 2.4 mm is able to remove raspberry stalks. It is worth noting that with higher efficiency, the polygonal cord is consumed faster, and it should be used only for its intended purpose.
- Curly. an asterisk, ribbed, in the form of a twisted square with recesses and so on. Their “specialization” is different, which is desirable to find out in the instructions before choosing. So, an asterisk is recommended for mowing fresh grass, as it is less traumatic: the grass does not dry after mowing, as when using a round string. In the photo. a cord with a different shape.
Fishing line is made from nylon. polyamide, or polypropylene. In cheap products, there may be an addition of polyethylene. It significantly reduces resistance to temperature and wear.
Polypropylene fishing line for a trimmer, whose bay is stored for a long time, can become fragile. Before use, it is recommended to soak it in water for 30 minutes.
In strings with a large diameter of 4 mm, aluminum particles are added to increase strength.
Do not use cables or wire in scythes: broken pieces of wire break through leather shoes with such speed.
Coil for cord: characteristics
The trimmer head, in fact, is a special reel with fishing line for the trimmer. Inside it, on the spool, a cord is wound. as a rule, up to 15 m. A thread of the required length is pulled out of it with a break or wear. When the string ends, a new thread is inserted into the bobbin.
By type of cord feed, the drums are divided into:
- manual. to extend the string, the device is turned off and the fishing line is pulled out manually;
- semi-automatic. activated by your favorite folk trick: you need to hit the ground with a mowing head. Upon impact, the anchor mechanism is released, and the cord automatically lengthens;
- automatic. here you need to reduce the speed, and then increase it again to the maximum: the spool will feed the thread as the speed increases.
The trimmer drum is also refilled in different ways. In quick-charging for refueling, there is no need to disassemble the coil, in ordinary ones, it is necessary to remove it and wind the cord by hand. The video shows a different way to replace the string.
3 comments on the entry “Which fishing line for a trimmer is better: which one to choose?”
What kind of fishing line I didn’t use, everything is torn like hell, I honestly don’t know what to do next. Either “slip the shit” or “fake.” For any shit. If anyone knows how and where to find a “negotiated” system. This is a BIG QUESTION.
2.4. Star. This is if there is a desire to stock hay. And for grinding. round.
Curly shavings more accurately. And round sprinkle around.