Conversion Of A Tiller Into A Mini Tractor
How to make a mini tractor from MTZ tiller?
To remake the Tillers of this brand, you should also take into account their design and capabilities. MTZ units have a sufficiently high power, which makes it possible to make a full-fledged tracked mini-tractor out of them. It will be distinguished by high cross-country ability and excellent grip, due to which the quality of plowing the soil of such a machine will be several times higher than that of wheeled mini-tractors.
Before starting work, be sure to study the drawings, in which you will find all the information required for the alteration. The procedure for assembling a mini tractor is as follows:
- First put the tiller into mower operation;
- Then completely dismantle the front platform of the unit;
- Install a caterpillar drive in the front of the mini-tractor being manufactured;
- Install the adjusting rod in the niche for mounting the steering rod. This element will increase the rigidity of the entire structure;
- Weld the driver’s seat to the top of the frame;
- Next to the motor, equip a platform for mounting the battery and hydraulic valve.
This manufacturing method is suitable for converting MTZ 05, MTZ 09 and MTZ 12 tillers into small tractors. Each of them has sufficient power reserves to work together with a trailer and attachments at the same time.
Do-it-yourself mini tractor from a tiller manufacturing procedure
Before you start making a mini tractor based on a tiller, you will need to prepare the materials necessary for work. Conversion kit includes:
- Welding machine;
- Screwdrivers and wrenches;
- Electric drill and a set of various drills;
- Angle grinder and disc set for working with metal;
- Set of nuts and bolts.
Suitable drawings will help to correctly assemble a tractor from a tiller. In them, you will find information about the order in which to connect the parts and which mounting method is suitable for their reliable installation. Converting a tiller into a mini tractor is performed in the following order:
- A minitractor based on a tiller must be equipped with a strong, reliable frame. It must withstand an additional pair of wheels, plus the load transported in the tractor will press on the supporting structure. For making a solid frame, pipes or metal corners are best. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame, the better the adhesion of the mini tractor to the road, and the better the plowing of the soil will be. The thickness of the frame walls is also not of great importance, the main thing is that they do not bend under the pressure of the transported cargo. You can cut the blanks for making the frame using an angle grinder. Then all the parts are connected to each other first by means of bolts, after which they are finally welded to each other. To make the frame stronger and more reliable, equip it with a transverse bar;
- Immediately after the frame is manufactured, it can be equipped with a hitch, through which the small tractor will be equipped with additional accessories. The hitch can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the supporting structure. If in the future the minitractor being manufactured is planned to be used in tandem with a trailer, then a hitch should be welded to the rear of its frame;
- At the next stage, the homemade product is equipped with front wheels. For this, the mini-tractor being manufactured is best equipped with two ready-made hubs with brakes provided on them. Next, you need to fix the wheels themselves. To do this, take a piece of steel pipe, the diameter of which fits the front axle. Next, attach the wheel hubs to the pipe. Drill a hole in the center of the pipe, which is necessary to mount the product to the front of the frame. Then install the tie rods and adjust them in relation to the frame by means of a worm gear. After installing the gearbox, install the steering column. The axle at the rear of the manufactured tractor is mounted through pressed-in bearing bushings. Wheels used should be no more than 15 inches in diameter. Smaller parts will lead to the front part burying the unit, and larger wheels will significantly impair the maneuverability of the mini tractor;
- The next step is to equip the minitractor with an engine from a tiller. It is best to mount the motor at the front of the machine, as this will improve the balance of the agricultural machine when operating with a loaded trailer. Establish a secure mounting system to mount the motor. When installing the motor, do not forget that the power take-off shaft must be fixed coaxially with the pulley located on the rear axle of the mini-tractor. The force on the wheels must be carried by a belt drive. He will tell you in more detail about converting a tiller into a mini tractor.
A self-made tractor will remain equipped with a reliable braking system and a high-quality hydraulic valve, which is necessary for the proper operation of the unit with attachments.
Mini tractor from a tiller: 4 do-it-yourself manufacturing option
Many tiller owners often think about upgrading their agricultural equipment. In fact, it will not be difficult to improve the available unit and make a full-fledged mini-tractor out of it. However, you will be required to study the recommendations and follow the procedure, this will give you the opportunity to get an effective homemade mini tractor that will be able to solve absolutely all the tasks assigned to it.
Mini tractor from Tiller Bison
Tillers of this brand have a reliable and powerful enough motor, the presence of which allows the unit to be converted into an all-wheel drive minitractor. Before starting work, be sure to study the detailed drawings, as well as buy steel sheets, pipes and corners. The procedure for manufacturing a minitractor is as follows:
- When arranging the frame, you will need to expand the existing tiller frame. This is necessary in order to install additional wheels. Cut the corners and pipes into suitable pieces, and then weld them together;
- The front beam is mounted on a mini tractor by means of a ready-made hub equipped with brakes. The wheels in the front of the unit must correspond to the size of the rear wheels, or be slightly larger than the last, this will prevent the mini-tractor from burying when driving over rough terrain;
- Then install the tiller motor. It is best to mount it at the front to achieve the best balance of the overall structure;
- Weld the towbar to the rear of the finished mini-tractor, it will be required for mounting the trailer.
A home-made mini-tractor, made on the basis of the Bison Tiller, will be able to cope with a number of the most difficult economic tasks: plowing the soil, mowing grass, collecting and transporting crops.
Mini tractor from Tiller Neva
Converting a tiller into a small tractor may be slightly different. It all depends on the design features of the tiller and his abilities. Consider the principle of making a mini-tractor from Neva tillers.
As in the first case, before making a minitractor, you need to study the schemes. They detail the dimensions of the elements and the order of their installation during assembly. The procedure for rework will be as follows:
- The frame is made in the same way as in the first case. To create it, use pipes of different sections. Fastening of the frame elements is carried out by means of bolts and welding;
- Next, proceed to the manufacture and installation of the chassis. To mount the rear wheels, use an additional axle that can be made from steel pipe. Press the bearings and bushings into both ends of the latter, which will be equipped with the rear wheels;
- Further, the tractor from the Neva Tiller must be equipped with a motor. over, the engine can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the frame. In the second case, the front and rear wheelbase of the mini tractor will need to be expanded;
In the end, the self-made unit will remain equipped with a driver’s seat, lighting devices and side lights. Due to its small size, the finished tractor will have high maneuverability, which will allow it to be effectively used in hard-to-reach places.
Mini tractor from Tiller Agro
Before you start reworking the tillers of this brand, you should stock up on material and the necessary tools. To work you will need:
- Stainless steel sheets and profiles;
- The seat and steering wheel can be removed from the old car;
- A pair of wheels, their diameter should not exceed 15 ‘’;
- A set of fasteners;
- Angle grinder and electric drill;
- Hammer and welding machine.
After preparing everything you need, we advise you to study the diagrams that will tell you the correct procedure for installing the tractor elements. We also advise you to see photos that will certainly help you in the manufacture of an agricultural unit. Unlike the tillers of the manufacturers listed above, the Agro brand equipment has one significant drawback, which must be taken into account when converting a tiller into a mini tractor. It lies in the fact that the tiller axis has very weak fracture strength. This kind of break will surely affect if you exceed the maximum permissible load on the mini tractor frame. To avoid further malfunction, the mini tractor will need to be equipped with wheel gears.
The procedure for assembling the unit is as follows:
- The first step is to weld a sturdy tractor frame. To do this, use steel profiles and pipes. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame made, the better the adhesion of the mini tractor to the ground will be. At the rear of the supporting structure, weld the towbar, which is required to couple the trailer to the unit;
- Then proceed to the manufacture and arrangement of the mini tractor undercarriage. To do this, you can purchase a pair of ready-made front wheels, as well as hubs equipped with brakes. After purchasing the parts, attach the hubs to the steel pipe, and drill the holes in the front of the frame that will be required to mount the hubs to the mini tractor. Next, install the steering rods using a worm gear for this. After the rods, secure the steering column and rear axle. When installing the latter in the bushings used for mounting, press in the bearings. Install a pulley on the rear axle and secure the wheels;
- Then mount the engine to the front of the frame. We advise you to do this by means of an additional frame placed on special shock absorbers, this will avoid strong vibrations at high loads on the motor;
- Next, install the driver’s seat on the mini-tractor, connecting it to the frame through springs, thanks to them, it will be much more convenient to work with the mini-tractor.
If you wish, your hand-made compact tractor can be equipped with a canopy that protects you from rain and sun. To make it, 4 steel pipes need to be welded to the frame next to the seat and steering column, to which a steel sheet is fixed by spot welding. As a result, you will receive a reliable unit for a summer residence, which will quickly cope with all the tasks assigned to it.
Kit for converting the tiller into a motor-tractor Farmer YaAD-3. UNDER BOLTS
The adapter for converting the tiller into a mini tractor is used with heavy tillers Kenavr 1012, 1010, 1080.1081, Bison, Forte, Farmer, etc. Characteristics of the adapter for tillers:
- Seat base
- Back and seat
- Brake cylinder (separately 900 UAH)
- Levers for disengaging axle shafts
- Brake drum with universal platter
- Tank for brake fluid (separately)