Do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller size
How to mount a hilling tool on a tiller
To install disc hillers for a tiller or any others, you must follow the rules below. Connect elements in the form of a wheel, a hitch, a hiller to the tiller. Place the equipment on a flat surface. The hinged structure is installed lowered to the ground. Fastening is carried out on the hitch.
- During installation, you need to monitor the condition of the hiller rack. It shouldn’t be tilted. This ensures the correct setting of the angle of attack.
- The device is lowered to the level at which the ground surface is located. If there is a depression in the soil, then the stand is tilted slightly forward, raising the bow. If there is a lack of reaching the ground, then the rack is rejected in the opposite direction.
- Carry out test plowing.
The active parts of the machine are adjusted according to the width between the rows.
Some owners of country houses and summer cottages dream of a beautiful and well-groomed lawn. But in reality.
Even if you look at the photo, you can see a number of advantages. The tool is combined with the tool. Suitable for use on cultivators at low speed. With its increase, the output power also increases. This is reflected in the efficiency of plowing, the duration of work on the site.
- It doesn’t take much effort.
- The structure will gradually move forward without additional nudging from the back.
Versatility and wide range of applications. The tool is suitable for planting tubers, processing growing bushes of potatoes and other crops, during active growth of the aerial part.
The tiller hiller is a plow-like tool. They can spud crops grown in agriculture. Previously, horse hillers were used, and over time they began to be installed on equipment. for example, a tractor. The innovation is used as a nozzle, which is fixed to the mountings. With the help of the device, you can carry out the cultivation:
It makes it easier to do:
- filling the soil into prepared furrows;
- removal of weeds together with roots.
Each of the presented processes will be faster and of higher quality. When all the landings are even, it is easier to process and collect them. The passages will be free, not infested by weeds. Since the soil will be loosened to a great depth, the root system will receive a sufficient amount of oxygen. Tubers will be able to actively grow and develop.
Seed selection is one of the important steps in growing crops. From the correctness of the choice it will be.
Types of hillers for tiller
A hiller to a tiller is an equipment needed in agriculture. It is ranked third in importance after structures such as a plow and a winch. If you learn to manage it well, then it will bring a lot of benefits. There are several types of hiller and each has its own purpose, principle of operation, device.
The hiller type is suitable for equipping a motor cultivator or tiller. It has two forward gears. This contributes to an increase in power up to 180 rpm, provided that the vehicle is in second gear. The tool is intended for:
- transferring soil to the bed from the area between the rows.
The unit is really useful, but only if you follow the instructions for installation, subsequent operation, maintenance.
Making a hiller of the lister type
A disc hiller for a tiller or any other model can be made with your own hands. For the result to hit expectations, you need to follow the instructions below. For work, prepare sheets of metal, the thickness of which is not more than 3 mm; iron pipes with a cross section of 20×20 or 30x30mm; metal strips and hinges, the first 3 pieces are enough, the second 4.
- On a metal sheet, they make outlines of the sidewalls of the plow. the ears. The greater their width, the more land they can capture. This will speed up the process of pouring under the bushes. The narrow part is responsible for cutting the soil. The ears should be no more than 7 cm in width, if the row spacing is smaller, then the parameter will also be smaller.
- The elements are neatly cut without leaving chips, notches along the edges.
- The sides need to be bent, give them a specific shape.
- Both parts must have the same bend radius. Otherwise, the quality of the work performed will significantly decrease.
- The prepared parts are welded. The seam is carefully cleaned.
- There should be a metal strip between the ears. If the design is not adjustable, then the strips are welded to the sidewalls. Otherwise, hinges are needed for fixing.
- The permissible angle between the stripes should be no more and no less than 90 degrees, and between the ears 120.
- The remaining ends of the strips are welded together.
A nose is installed on the narrow ends of the sidewalls. Welding is used. The angle from the stripes to the nose should be 150 degrees. As soon as the hiller is made, it is welded onto the bracket. The last detail is needed in order to connect the object with a tiller, tractor, cultivator.
When making a hiller for a tiller with your own hands, the drawings and dimensions should be as accurate as possible. Before starting work, you need to prepare inventory and materials. A minimal list is enough to not be distracted from the process later. To complete the assembly, you do not need to be a professional blacksmith, but you just need to have knowledge of welding and locksmith manipulations. Products should be available in the form:
- a welding machine better suited for arc welding;
- angle grinder, which is supplied with various discs and attachments;
- electric drills, complete with reliable drills;
- mains-powered emery;
- a gas burner to heat metal sheets during quenching;
- files of different formats;
- consumables, such as bolts, fasteners.
To create a tiller, you need reliable, durable metal. It is advisable to choose a high alloy steel. It has such important qualities as resistance to mechanical stress, rust, water and even chemicals.
Disc tiller for tiller
You can make a disk device with your own hands for Tiller Neva. For this, available materials are suitable, which will reduce the cost of the finished product. The steel sheet is prepared. A thickness of 2 mm is sufficient. Cut out round discs. 2 pieces. Every edge must be sharpened to prevent ground resistance when working.
Today, a well-groomed area near the house is not hard physical labor. Having once bought an electric lawn mower.
All steps are carefully followed:
- The elements are bent with a hammer. One side will be concave, the other convex. So the blades will be able to rake the soil more and carry out the dusting of the plants.
- Mounting bolts, welding connect rack, lanyard, T-leash.
- Adapters are used to fasten the wheels.
- There should be a distance between the blades equal to the row spacing on the bed.
The Tiller Hiller
The entire structure, due to the leash, is installed on the tiller bracket, fastening with bolts and locking elements. Plowing equipment ready.
How to independently design a hiller for a tiller: parsing a couple of options
Potatoes are one of the most popular agricultural crops that are grown not only in our country, but also in many countries of Eastern Europe. Over the course of three hundred years of potato cultivation, agronomic technologies have been created, with the help of which they tried to facilitate the cultivation of the crop and increase its yield. If on an industrial scale for growing potatoes today, tractors with replaceable cultivator nozzles are used for hilling plants, then on personal plots you can use a do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller.
Option # 3. disc models
Disk hillers cost an order of magnitude more expensive than their traditional counterparts, but the efficiency of working with such tools is many times greater
- A successful combination of a tiller with the instrument itself. Using a disc hiller, when the speed of the cultivator decreases, its power increases. This not only increases the efficiency of cultivation, but also has a positive effect on the operation of the unit itself.
- Ease of use. To work with such a tool, you need to make a minimum of effort: it pushes itself forward without requiring additional pushing from behind.
- Versatility of application. With this tool, hilling can be done both after planting the tubers and during the period of active growth of the aboveground part of the crops.
Choosing among the variety of assortments, it is advisable to give preference to models made of alloy steel, equipped with rolling bearings (and not sleeve bushings), with a large diameter and thickness of discs.
An example of self-made lister hiller
As you can see, hillers are fairly simple designs. There is nothing difficult in making a do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller.
To create a traditional unregulated hiller, it is necessary to cut the halves of the product using a 2 mm thick metal template
These halves should be bent until the radii coincide, and then welded in 2-3 passes. Weld seams should be machined with an angle grinder and, if necessary, welded and re-grinded. The result should be a perfect even layer of metal.
Earth Tools TDS (Tiller Depth System) in action
The tool wings are also cut from 2 mm thick metal and connected in the same way.
The result should be the following design. For clarity, the thickness of the elements and all dimensions of the tool base are indicated
Option # 4. propeller-type hillers
The principle of operation of the tool consists in the work of special propellers, under the action of which the soil is first crushed and weeds are combed out, and after that the beds are spud with loose soil
Such hillers are intended for equipping tillers and motor-cultivators, which have two forward gears. This is necessary so that in the second gear with an increase in power up to 180 rpm, using the tool you can not only loosen, but also transfer the soil into the beds from the row spacing.
Option # 1. lister hiller
This is the simplest type of tool and has a fixed working width. The design consists of two connected and slightly spread fixed wings. Since the wings of the tool are stationary, you cannot adjust the working width by adjusting the hiller to the row spacing. Therefore, when working with such a tool, the aisles are adapted to the capabilities of the hiller, and not vice versa. Traditionally, manufacturers produce products with a working width of 25-30 cm, which is also far from the most convenient option, because the technology of growing potatoes provides for a row spacing of 50-60 cm.
Such tools are designed to work with motor cultivators, the power of which does not exceed 3.5 HP, and the total weight of the unit is 25-30 kg
A feature of the design of lister hillers is also the presence of thin racks that prevent overloading of the cultivator when the hiller is buried in layers of dense soil.
Some models of lister hillers have a streamlined shape, which is more preferable, since when working with such a tool, the soil turns out and dries up less.
Option # 2. products with variable working width
Such tools are more convenient to use, since they are equipped with an adjusting mechanism with which you can change the position of the wings. This allows the tool to adapt to different row spacing.
Such hillers are designed to work with more powerful tillers with an engine of 4.0 hp. and more, the weight of which exceeds 30 kg
A significant drawback of such structures is their high energy consumption. The reason for this is that during operation, the wings of the tool move the soil to the side, part of which, after passing through it, nevertheless crumbles back into the furrow. As a result, the back and arms get tired faster and some of the engine power is wasted on useless work. But despite this, they are one of the most popular models among most gardeners.
Different models of hillers
The hiller is the second most important tool after the plow and winch. With its help, you can first cut the furrows for planting, and then fill them with planting material.
Carrying out the hiller along the aisles of evenly planted rows of potatoes, you can observe how the wings of the tool quickly pour soil into the holes with tubers
On sale you can find several options for the models of this tool.
Making propeller hillers
It is worth considering how to collect active hillers (propeller).
For assembly, you will need the following tools and materials:
- metal layer 2 mm thick;
- apparatus for welding metals (arc);
- angle grinder with additional discs;
- consumable material (bolts, nuts, etc.);
- bearings and oil seals;
- T-shaped leash and stand.
Active or rotary hillers are in great demand. They can be made both single-row and double-row.
The double-row rotary hiller has its own advantages: with its help, the cultivation of potatoes is 2 times faster.
Propeller attachments have a drawback: they only fit 3-speed tillers (2 forward and 1 reverse).
The assembly method is similar to the manufacture of disc hillers. They are connected to a motor cultivator using brackets and a rack with a T-shaped leash. The distance between the paddle discs is chosen by the owner himself, adjusting to the size of his cultivator and the width of the rows.
Double-row hillers are the same lister device, only instead of one “triangle” they attach two.
For manufacturing you will need:
- 4 metal foxes with a thickness of 2 to 4 mm;
- welding and fixing tools.
The base of the product itself is made from denser sheets of metal. It should be heavier than the tillers themselves, because it bears the main load and heaviness during work.
Hillers are made from a thin layer of metal, bending the wings outward. In this case, you should use a pipe of the required diameter.
The rest of the fasteners are the same technology as disc tillers.
For better performance, additional fenders can be mounted to the tool. They are attached to the base through a system of hinges on the provided rods.
The angles of the wings can be adjusted to make even the toughest work easy.
Do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller
To make a tiller for a tiller with your own hands, you will need the following tools:
- Welding machine for iron, preferably arc.
- angle grinder with accessories.
- Drill with different attachments.
- Electric emery.
- Gas burner for hardening and heating metal.
- Workbench or vise.
- Consumables (bolts, nuts) and files.
You will need parts that will make up a homemade hiller for a tiller.
In order to get started, you need to acquire drawings and diagrams of the hiller.
Manufacturing diagrams and drawings of the tiller hiller can be found in special literature or in the operating instructions for the motor cultivator.
The diagram indicates the tool sizes that will best fit the device. 1-2cm deviations are allowed.
Disk devices are good helpers for heavy work on the ground.
Do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller. the easiest to make.
You will need the following tools and materials:
- metal layers 2 mm thick;
- bearings and oil seals;
- screw lanyards;
- T-shaped leash;
The discs are installed at an angle to each other, the top of the formed triangle is directed forward. The other 2 angles must be equal. If this condition is not met, then the tiller will be constantly skidded, which is not very convenient when working and additional configuration will be required.
The sheets of the disc hiller for the tiller are connected to each other by welding or bolts. Lanyards are attached to them, which perform the function of adjustment when double turning.
Homemade disc hiller is best assembled by following the instructions in the drawings.
There is a second way to self-assemble disc products: the plow is connected to the cultivator using a bracket. The leash is attached to the hitch with a stopper, bolted together. The stopper is inserted into the square tube and then tightened.
How to make a hiller for a tiller with your own hands: disc, double-row, hedgehog, propeller, drawings and dimensions
Many gardeners and farmers are interested in how to make a hiller for a tiller. Modern agriculture is equipped with new technologies. One of the most important types of farm equipment is the tiller. Motorized cultivators are equipped with additional functions, such as: hiller, plow, opener, mower, snowplow, trailer, etc.
Types of hillers for tiller
a tiller with a hiller is an indispensable thing on the land, because it helps to process various types of crops, perform heavy agricultural work.
All accessories from the factory require certain costs. Farmers are thinking about how to make a hiller for a tiller with their own hands.
Types of tiller hillers:
Making a hedgehog hiller with your own hands
It will be more difficult to make a hedgehog hiller-weeding machine for a tiller than a disc or lister-type hiller. Therefore, before starting production, you should prepare more thoroughly by watching several video and photo instructions of various “homemade products”.
- First, using an angle grinder, cut 2 circles with a diameter of 27 cm and 2 circles with a diameter of 6 cm from sheet steel 5-8 mm thick, align the edge and sand well.
- Having determined the center of the large discs, cut out circles of a smaller diameter (about 15-16 cm) in them to make rings. In order to cut the inner circles, you will need a plasma cutter or drilling machine. The edges of the rings and the resulting middle discs should be leveled and cleaned. Drill a hole of about 2 cm in small discs; for this purpose, a drill and a metal crown are suitable.
- Using a drill and a drill for metal, it is necessary to drill holes for attaching the spikes. In rings about 15 pieces, in medium discs. 10, in small discs. 5. Next, an angle grinder cut the edges of the discs and rings to the holes. The workpieces should resemble gears in shape.
- Now you need to make the hubs. For this, a steel pipe with a cross-sectional diameter of 25 mm and 4 bearing pipes suitable for the inner diameter is suitable. angle grinder cut off 2 pipe sections, grind the edge and inner surface on both sides, insert the bearings.
- Bore the middle discs in the center on a lathe to the diameter of the hubs. The disc must fit tightly onto the hub, but can be removed without additional tools.
- On a lathe, make thrust bushings (anthers) that cover the bearings. Two bushings should fit in diameter to the axles, and two. for a bolt of 10.
- We start the assembly from the axis, the bushing is put on it, then the bearing, the spacer sleeve and the bearing with the hub. A bushing with a smaller hole is placed on top, and the whole structure is fixed with a bolt. The second hub is assembled in the same way.
- You can start cutting spikes 6 cm long. For them, a steel wire with a diameter of 12 mm is taken, and cut at an angle of 45 ° from one end. There are as many such blanks as there are cutouts for them prepared on the discs and rings of the future hiller. Grind out unevenness of the cut edges of the spikes on emery. Weld them to discs and rings.
- The stage of assembling “hedgehogs” includes the installation of rings on the hubs (using templates: a sleeve and a washer welded to it along the inner diameter of the rings), medium and small discs. Pay attention to the fact that all the studs “look” with the cutting edge in one direction, in the direction of travel. The installed parts are fixed by welding.
- Make spacer rods from wire with a diameter of 12 mm and weld to the spiked parts, 6 for each hiller. Remove the templates, adjust the discs and weld again. Weld fastening sleeves to the free end of the axles. Paint structure to prevent corrosion.
- For the resulting “hedgehogs”, a frame from a disc hiller will be used, for which it is necessary to make brackets from a rod with a diameter of 30 mm and homemade bushings with a 16 bolt hole.
Knowing the principle of making homemade hillers, we can conclude which hiller is the best at work, and which is easier to assemble. The technology is the same, with the exception of small parts for each type of tiller. The setting of the fixture depends on the assembly method and type of equipment. Without buying factory plows, but making them yourself, you can save money.
What kind of tiller do you use for growing potatoes or other vegetable crops?
In this tool, the wheels are replaced by helical-toothed rotors. In practice, this hiller delivers impressive levels of performance in furrowing, loosening the soil and hilling potatoes. Can be used on a three speed trailer (two speeds and reverse). At the lowest speed, the tool spuds the planting, and at the next, it throws the soil out of the row spacing.
How to make hillers yourself
To make this essential tool in agriculture, it is very important to adhere to certain rules. And also, if possible, use the drawings. So it will be possible much faster, and most importantly, all the elements can be correctly installed so that as a result nothing has to be redone. With their own hands, gardeners mainly make disc and lister species.
How this tool works and works
The equipment is used together with cutters that are mounted on the gearbox shaft. In the course of the tiller’s forward movements, the hiller deepens into the ground and forms a furrow with a depression of a certain depth. The dimensions of the sole of the depression allow the gardener to move on the ground without disturbing the furrows.
At the same time, the hiller moves the soil from the depression upward, thus forming “ridges” with a fixed location.
In addition to the formation of furrows for planting crops, a hiller is needed for the following purposes:
- loosen the soil between the rows and sprinkle the plants at the same time;
- weed ready-made beds and get rid of weeds.
Most often it is used to plant potatoes, carrots, turnips or beets.
Do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller
Such hillers work with special propellers. Under their influence, they dig up the soil and remove the weeds, and only then can we begin to loosen the beds. This option is used for tillers with front wheel drive and a couple of speeds. This is due to the fact that at the last speed the power rises to almost 200 rpm.
This is the classic unregulated version of the tiller hiller. It is he who is used by gardeners more often than others. The availability of drawings will greatly simplify the manufacturing process.
- metal sheets (2 mm, 3 mm, 5 mm, 8 mm thick);
- a strip of steel 4 mm wide;
- welding machine or fasteners.
- Make the base from a sheet of metal not thinner than 3 mm. This element will have soil resistance, therefore its strength should be as high as possible.
- Make the bracket from a 4 mm wide strip of steel. It is important not to forget about hardening this part.
- Next, make a field board. To do this, take a metal sheet 5 mm thick. The finished part must be hardened by means of a gas burner in several steps.
- The stand is made of 8 mm metal sheet. This part is made from the thickest sheet, since it is on it that the main load will fall.
- It remains to make wings for the hiller from the thinnest (2 mm) steel sheet. The wings must match in size with the selected drawing, otherwise it will not be possible to connect them correctly to the base. The metal needs to be slightly bent and fixed on the base by welding.
What are the types of hillers
There are such types of this technique:
- single row;
- double row;
Before planting the crops, he cuts a pair of furrows. In addition, it is used for loosening and hilling soil. The device includes a frame on which two hillers are fixed at once. Due to this feature, the processing process with such a tool significantly saves time. It can be attached to the tiller with a hitch. However, this type of hiller needs a lot of resistance to work. Therefore, it is often used in conjunction with lugs.
Propeller hillers are used on those tillers that are equipped with two forward gears.
When choosing a tiller for potatoes, a few more points should be taken into account. It is better to use equipment with a streamlined shape (a plow-shaped hiller is well suited), because they turn the soil out with less intensity, which does not allow it to lose moisture.
In addition, it is worth giving preference to steel tools with a sheet of greater width and with the presence of bearings. The size of the tiller is related to the size of the tiller and the length of the cultivated strip of land.
This type is the simplest. They differ in that they have a strictly exposed furrow width, which will be covered by the device, and it cannot be changed, it does not depend on the distance between the rows. Usually the capture of such a hiller is no more than thirty centimeters. A characteristic feature. the hiller is equipped with installed stands that do not allow overloading the tiller during operation.
Types of hillers, their characteristics
With the help of this unit, the process of making furrows on the soil surface and filling them with material for planting is carried out.
If you use a hiller, then the rows of planted potatoes will be even and spaced at an equal distance from each other. You can list several main types of hillers.
To choose the right tiller for a tiller, you need to note for yourself their main features and characteristics. There are many models of hillers, but the most common are the following:
- disc hillers;
- propeller type;
- with variable working width.
Disc tiller for tiller
The same type is more efficient. The lower the speed of the cultivating unit, the greater the power of the tiller itself. This helps to significantly extend the service life. In addition, disk drives are easier to handle and require less effort to work with. And the most important advantage of this type is its versatility. The unit can be used both before planting, and at a time when the part located above the soil increases.
With variable working width
If we talk about hillers, the width of which can be changed, it should be noted that they are used to work with powerful units weighing more than thirty kilograms.
a tiller is a truly indispensable unit when cultivating land before planting it. Hiller is a type of additional equipment used on tillers, which will speed up and improve the process of planting potatoes and pre-planting operations in general.
How to make a hiller for a tiller with your own hands? For this, there are many drawings and diagrams. In general, there is no difficulty in making a hiller with your own hands. Having picked up the right tiller, choose a scheme and get to work.
Below is an example of a lister type tiller.
Take a metal layer two millimeters thick. Then cut out the halves of the part from it according to the proposed template (taking into account the dimensions). Important! The halves must be symmetrical, otherwise this will affect the operation of the device in the future. Then bend both halves until the radii coincide, after which you weld them, making two or three passes. Next, process the welds.
It is very important to choose the correct drawing for the future product in order to avoid any inconsistencies (during work, the structure will begin to lead to the side, etc.). With high-quality and careful manufacturing, homemade equipment does not create any difficulties and hindrances when hilling.
You can also easily construct a do-it-yourself disc hiller for a tiller.
To create such a device, you can take plowshares (disks) from a seeder that has already served its life. Or they can be made directly from metal sheets (no more than 2 mm thick), then bend the edge of the lower edge. The distance observed between the points of the lower supports corresponds to the width of the track itself. Then the discs are fastened to each other, but with the discretion that the connecting elements can be adjusted.
In addition, for disc hillers for a tiller, screw turnbuckles, stands (which have already been mentioned) and a leash in the shape of the letter T are needed. Turnbuckles are attached directly to the motoblock device. For cutting furrows, the above type is better than others.
Do-it-yourself hillers on a tiller are always pleasing to the eye, and working with them is much more pleasant and faster.
The use of a hiller in soil cultivation
Design improvements include contours that reduce drag, making the ridge taller or wider. The principle of operation of such a hiller does not change. it loosens, removes the soil layer and throws it to the base of the plants planted in a row. In the same way, grooves are cut for planting potatoes.
Another type of tiller hillers is paired discs. Due to the thin rim, the structure enters the soil to a predetermined depth with low resistance. They are not stretched while stationary, they are spinning, and thus overcome resistance with less effort. But in order for the discs to create a stroke, they must have an adjusted angle of inclination vertically and an angle of take-off. The distance between the discs on the frame is set according to the width of the row to be processed. Look at the video of how potatoes are spud with a tiller on the stony soil of Simferopol:
Conventionally, all hillers in the form and principle of work are called:
In this case, the lister ones have various forms of bending of the planes; an arrow going deep into the ground can have a massive tip. Flaps or plowshares have a bend, an inclination, can have an adjustable and adjustable profile.
Pairs of disc tiller should be the same size, contour and weight. Otherwise, the comb will not work out even. The system for adjusting the angles of departure and inclination allows you to set the desired stroke profile.
For powerful heavy tillers, the hillers pair, light weeders for the MTZ tiller mount three.
The device facilitated and accelerated the hilling of potatoes with a tiller. video
The device and application of a hiller for a tiller at a summer cottage
Appliances, reminiscent of a home fan, use translational and rotational motion in soil cultivation. But the tool can be installed on a unit with a two-shaft engine with reverse and 2 gears. There must be a power take-off shaft. The propeller-type hiller is more effective than other models, but due to the complexity of execution it is expensive. Craftsmen took the idea, but the instrument does not look very much like a propeller.
For manufacturing, you will need high-quality steel, a welding machine and an angle grinder. Parts of the “propeller” are welded onto the axles fitted to the frame. In one pass, the soil is deeply loosened and thrown into the ridge. The tiller for the tiller is made unadjustable, so the angles must be set empirically.
Why do you need a hitch assembly for tiller tools
In order to fix the hiller on the tiller, in addition to the manufactured frame, there must be a hitch assembly that is adjustable and reliable. By aligning the holes on the post and on the hitch body and securing the implement will be integral with the machine.
The DIY universal hitch makes it easy to adjust the tool to the working position. It is in this node that adjustments are made to the position of the rack relative to the ground, the radial angles. After adjustment, the nuts are tightened and the device is adjusted to the type of soil, soil moisture, plant height.
Varieties of lister homemade and factory hillers
The simplest unregulated hiller is a solid structure of two diverging figured plates, located mirrored and having a common stiffener.
This is the basis, but if you add flaps in the form of adjustable plates to it, you get an adjustable hiller of your own manufacture. Without plates, it is an excellent cultivator of potato row spacings, in which the soil is compacted and air does not flow to the roots.
The fixed grip hiller can be used on level fields with the same row spacing when using the drill. Such a tool is used with low-power traction, since the adjustable plates create additional resistance to the ground layer.
Medium power tillers are equipped with an adjustable grip. Such designs are used in narrow row spacings about 35 cm wide.Rowing on corn is performed with just such a hiller.
But creating a breakdown mechanism and making it work are two different stories. To regulate the depth of lowering into the soil, a frame structure with a hitch must be made to create a smooth stroke. Only a well-centered node will spend a minimum of effort for quality soil cultivation. The hiller is immersed in the ground due to the vertically positioned stand. If the do-it-yourself potato hiller to the tiller goes low when setting up or adjust the angle of inclination of the rack along the surface. For lister double row tools, when mounting to a frame, the distance between the booms must be accurately set.
How to make a hiller for a tiller yourself
Attachments are not included with the tiller. They are manufactured and sold separately. On the agricultural machinery market, you can find a hiller for any type of cultivator, designed for the draft power of your horse. But the problem is that a finished tool costs more than 10 thousand, and this is a significant amount for a villager in modern conditions. But at the dump or outside the outskirts, you can find everything you need to build a tiller for a tiller.
In order to install the propeller hiller, you need to make sure that your chiller has a two-shaft reverse engine, 2 speeds forward. There must be a selection shaft.
First, you need to decide whether we will make a disk or lister hiller. A single row or double row tool will pull the cultivator. Do I need to provide sliding wings, an adjustable distance between the two tools. That is, before you build a hiller for a tiller with your own hands, you need drawings and videos, for example, this:
Of course, it is necessary to have skills in working with metal. Not every villager in an abandoned barrel of a heater will see the nodes valuable for the economy. Therefore, they go to the craftsmen for advice, ask for help.
But not only discs, the device for attaching them must be thought out, and to help the master, drawings of a disc hiller for a tiller with his own hands are offered.
Here, in addition to the disks, the dimensions and section of the most important nodes of the homemade hiller are given.
The design will undergo significant changes if you manage to find discs from decommissioned cultivators or other agricultural equipment. In any case, when making a frame, you will need to consider a disc adjustment system.
The wisdom of masters with golden hands is limitless. So if there are no discs, they can be replaced by a round blade from a circular saw. The steel is of high quality, the teeth additionally loosen the soil. You still have to create a bearing assembly, otherwise the saw blade will not rotate. But the steel is instrumental and in the hands of a craftsman, a disc hiller for a tiller with his own hands will work effectively.
When creating a new device in your backyard, do not forget about safety measures. When welding, you work with a mask. But at this time, “bunnies” can catch loved ones, watching the craftsman. When working with a dangerous tool, take care of the safety of others.
How to set up a hiller of any design for work
It is necessary to adapt to any attached or trailed equipment for tillage. Before starting work on the field, you need to make sure everything is set correctly, secured and adjusted. A trial section is selected and a trial run is made. At this point, you should listen to the technique, check the stroke profile, the distance between the grips. The angles of attack must be set on the disks, on the listers. deepening.
It is important to choose the processing speed that would correspond to the power of the mechanism and the quality of the field processing.