Dust collector for a sander do it yourself
Belt sander dust collector
Making a dust collector for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands
To clean the premises, you must have the appropriate tools in the arsenal. One of the popular devices is a vacuum cleaner. Often there is such a situation when its dust collector becomes unusable. But you don’t have to buy it. you can make this part for a vacuum cleaner yourself!
Materials for making the bag
A DIY dust collector is suitable for any type of vacuum cleaner. The following materials are used to make the fabric bag:
- synthetic fabric, consisting of many layers;
- non-woven fabric;
Do-it-yourself bags made of satin fabric are durable in use. They can be used for a long time: they will not be damaged.
Synthetic dustbags replaced satin dustbags a couple of years ago. Such models perfectly pass the air mass that is created during the operation of the vacuum cleaner. But synthetic fabric is much more expensive and not as durable compared to satin.
Non-woven bags have become the most popular. Several layers of fabric are taken and stitched into one layer. These containers collect any waste, even construction waste, and are not damaged during the operation of the unit.
Recently, many manufacturers have begun to introduce reusable non-woven dust bags into their vacuum cleaners.
Types of dust collectors
In vacuum cleaners, dust collectors for suction of garbage are of two types:
- Disposable. Designed to collect small garbage, after which the container is sent to the landfill.
- Reusable. These bags suck up all the debris, but they do not have to be thrown away. they can be used many times.
The advantage of disposable containers is that the person does not come into contact with the rags, and they hold the garbage inside much more firmly than reusable ones. In addition, their hygiene is evident. Reusable bags are used for a long time, and there is no need to constantly waste money. But such dust collectors need to be washed periodically. If wet debris has been collected, the reusable bag can be source of pathogenic bacteria.
When cleaning the dust container, all dust is sent to the respiratory organs of the cleaner, so a protective mask should be worn.
The process of making a homemade bag
Besides fabrics, you can use a variety of paper. In order to make a container with your own hands, you will need:
In order to get a double-layer dust bag for a vacuum cleaner, you need to fold the material in 2 times. Next, bend the edges and fasten them with a stapler. Unscrew the resulting bag. On cardboard paper, draw two circles 6-9 mm larger than the diameter provided in your vacuum cleaner. Cut the shapes along the contour and grease both circles with glue on one side. Place one of the circles inside the dust container in its central part. Glue the second circle from the outside. Scissors cut inside to get an asterisk. For strength, fasten the cardboard with a stapler. The dust collector is ready to use! Making a vacuum cleaner bag with your own hands will take you about 10 minutes and will help save your family budget.
Reusable bags: pros and cons
The main advantages of reusable containers are their low price and durability. Do-it-yourself dustbags are much cheaper than disposable ones. These bags are durable and will not burst during the first cleaning, and will also be able to withstand the impact of sharp objects. Moisture does not harm them either. These containers are electrostatically filtered. The disadvantages include only the fact that microbes trapped in the dust collector cause a fetid odor, which is why fragrances should be used.
Both disposable and reusable dust collectors have their pros and cons. However, it is much easier to make a trash can for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands than to purchase it at an inflated price.
If you are tired of cleaning and changing dust collectors, pay attention to bagless or washing models of vacuum cleaners.
How to make a vacuum cleaner bag with your own hands
How to make a vacuum cleaner bag with your own hands? This question worries many, because a vacuum cleaner is such a household appliance that is available in almost every home. One of its components is a dust bag, which often becomes unusable. In this regard, making a new bag for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands is simply a vital necessity, if there is no extra money to repair it in the service or buy a new set.
In such an invention as a vacuum cleaner, it is difficult to find disadvantages, and it is impossible to do without it in modern life. However, he also has minor breakdowns that can be repaired with your own hands.
Necessary material and tools
In order to make a do-it-yourself dust collection bag, you need to purchase the following list of materials and tools:
You can make a functional, high-quality and reusable bag for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands in almost 20-30 minutes, if all the necessary material is available. So, the stages of work will look like this:
- Spunbond, about 1-1.5 m in size, folds in 2 times (in half). This will make the vacuum cleaner bag denser and keep out even the smallest debris.
- The edges of the folded material are folded, leaving one “entrance”, glued and stapled with a stapler with a step of 2-3 mm.
- The resulting bag is turned inside out in order to hide the stapler staples inside the bag.
- A dense cardboard of a small size, 2-3 mm thick, is taken, and with the help of a regular pencil it will be necessary to carefully draw on it the corresponding diameter of the inlet of the vacuum cleaner being repaired. There should be 2 such cartons with holes, to which you will definitely need to add a few millimeters for the landing diameter, (the same).
- The cartons are cut out and then each side is treated with a lot of glue on one side.
- One rectangular glued cardboard is glued from the inside through the open edge of the bag, while the second is glued to it, but already from the outside.
- With the help of scissors cut the holes for the branch pipe in the cartons so that you get an “asterisk”. For a more reliable fixation, the cartons around the perimeter are additionally processed with a stapler.
- The open edge of the bag is wrapped inward and stitched or fastened with staples, and you can also purchase a special device for tightly closing the bag (plastic clip) or use the old one, which will have to remain from the outdated dust collector kit. The bag is ready, it remains only to insert it into the vacuum cleaner.
Today, there are a huge number of options to make a bag for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands, the only difference is in what material and technology to choose for this. It can be either a disposable or durable reusable product. For example, instead of gluing and stapling the edges of a homemade bag with a stapler, you can simply stitch it.
For a reusable use case, the edge that remains open is treated with Velcro or a large-serrated zipper so that the zip does not get damaged when removing debris from the dust container.
The material for the bag can be not only spunbond, but also a piece from an old trouser leg from jeans or trousers with intact dense fabric. You can fix the malfunction with a weak plastic frame (pinch) and create a tightness in the bag for collecting dust and debris of the vacuum cleaner using a conventional clip.
You can quickly and efficiently remove garbage from a vacuum cleaner bag using old nylon tights. A small piece of tights is taken and made into a knot at one end, and then put into a bag. When the dust collector is full, all debris and dust will be collected on this piece of nylon fabric, which, as a result, is very easy and simple to remove from the bag without unpleasant shaking of dust.
Thus, making a bag for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands is not difficult. The main thing is to decide which material is best suited for your repaired vacuum cleaner, acquire the necessary set of tools, choose the manufacturing technology and boldly proceed with the implementation of the plan. You can also try making a filter for a vacuum cleaner.
- Make a hole in the center of the bucket lid for a 90 degree corner. Here you need to connect the vacuum cleaner in the future.
- Fill gaps with sealant.
- Make a hole on the side of the bucket wall and install a corner.
- The corrugation and the elbow will be connected by a pipe.
- To make the filter last longer, put on nylon tights.
- Connect the elbow in the bucket lid and the filter outlet.
If the filter cannot be fitted onto the outlet pipe, a rubber hose can be used. It is recommended to use a sealant for all joints.
Instead of a bucket, you can use a plastic barrel or tin container.
How to make a filter for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands
There is a vacuum cleaner in almost every home today. It is difficult to imagine high-quality cleaning without using this device.
Vacuum cleaners effectively collect fine dust, household waste, some are capable of wet cleaning, eliminating the need to wash the floor in a traditional way.
In order for the apparatus to cope with its tasks, they are equipped with containers in which litter is collected. They are also called filters.
Simple filter for self-assembly vacuum cleaner
The filter in the device is responsible for collecting and retaining dust and debris. In modern household vacuum cleaners, different types of filters are used, with different properties and characteristics.
Someone prefers ordinary dust bags that are simply thrown away after use, someone buys water or cyclonic ones. Some of these filters can be made by hand.
We offer ready-made instructions, detailed drawings for the collection of vacuum cleaners with homemade filters. All parts can be purchased separately, so the cost of a homemade device will be several times cheaper than a factory one. At the same time, subject to the technology, both high power and good absorption capacity can be achieved.
Some craftsmen even make filters for Lg vacuum cleaners with their own hands. We will look at ways to create a cyclone and water filter. They are available for home use. The manufactured devices are useful not only for cleaning in an apartment or in a country house, but also at a construction site, for example, for collecting construction waste.
- Cut off the base of the cone and insert it upside down into the bucket.
- Insert the tube into the bucket. Fill the distance between the tube and the cone with construction foam.
- Cut a square from a sheet of plywood 20 mi thick. In size, it should be such that the base of the cone fits on it, and there is a small margin.
- Make holes with a diameter of 8 mm in the corners of the plywood square. Another hole is needed in the center for the tube, on which the corrugated hose will be put on to fasten the filter and the vacuum cleaner.
- Use a sheet of durable plywood as a lid for the bucket. It should be firmly attached to the bucket. The edges of the sheet are pasted over with a rubber layer.
- Make a hole in the cover to fit the narrow end of the cone.
- The cone installed in the lid is fixed with foam and four rods.
- In the wide part of the base of the cone, make a hole for the tube, which will connect to the corrugated hose. Garbage from the outside will flow through this hose in the future.
In this model of a cyclone, a fine filter is not provided with your own hands, so fine debris will penetrate into the turbine.
Cyclonic filter for a vacuum cleaner on your own
The first cyclone vacuum cleaner was invented by James Dyson in 1986. A few years later, he organized his production, and the first samples went on sale, quickly gaining popularity.
Under the influence of centrifugal force, dust and debris entering such a vacuum cleaner begin to move in a spiral manner. Large debris penetrates into the outer chamber, while small debris remains in the inner part. Clean air comes out of the vacuum cleaner.
Additionally, the devices are equipped with a HEPA filter, which helps to improve the quality of cleaning. As a result, such a device is able to collect up to 98% of dust and fine litter.
The advantages of such a vacuum cleaner include the absence of bags for collecting dust, compactness, and quiet operation. The dust collection housing is transparent so the pollution level can be easily monitored.
Such vacuum cleaners are much lighter and more mobile than their “water” competitors. True, you will have to spend a lot of time to clean the filters, besides, such a device consumes an order of magnitude more electricity than a conventional vacuum cleaner.
Devices of this type are used not only in everyday life, but also in construction and production for cleaning metal shavings, sawdust, concrete dust and other construction waste. Industrial vacuum cleaners are more powerful and roomy. They will pick up large rubbish, while the household vacuum cleaner will break down immediately.
Even small litter in the form of shavings, sand, dry mixtures cannot be collected with a simple vacuum cleaner, only with a specialized industrial one. over, such vacuum cleaners differ in types depending on the debris that it can collect.
“alt =” “
Traffic cone required for manufacturing.
How to make a homemade water filter for a vacuum cleaner
Modern devices with an aquafilter are not cheap, so you can try to save money by making such a device on your own at home.
The popularity of water filters is understandable. They not only effectively collect dust, but also humidify the air, do not cause unpleasant odors.
- Before starting work, you need to prepare a separator and a container for water.
- A fan and pump are also matched.
- Fans differ from each other in noise level. The smaller it is, the better.
- The pump is selected based on the fact that the water level rises by 0.7 m.
- The assembly of the device is carried out according to pre-made drawings.
- It is better to take fasteners for a vacuum cleaner with a zinc coating.
The assembly is carried out in stages.
- First, a dust collector is installed, then a baking powder, then a drive and a casing.
- There should not be large gaps between the parts. In order for the vacuum cleaner to work silently, it is recommended to glue a polyethylene mat to the bottom.
Before starting operation, you need to pour water into the vessel clearly according to the markings.
Making a homemade water filter for a vacuum cleaner is not an easy task. But if you make every effort, you will get a high-quality and reliable unit that will be useful at home or in the country.
Consider two simple ways to make this type of filter.
For work you will need:
In order to make such a filter on your own, you should carefully remove the contaminated accordion of the old copy from the plastic grate, and then clean the surface of the frame from the old glue and traces of dirt. With a sharp knife for cutting paper, you need to cut out a piece of the canvas corresponding to the size of the lattice and fold a new “accordion” out of it, and then fix it with ordinary liquid nails or hot glue.
The filter is ready. you just have to wait for the glue to dry, and you can insert the resulting product back into the vacuum cleaner body. After replacing the filter, you will immediately notice that the power of the device and the quality of cleaning quickly return to its original state, and if the filter gets clogged again, you can easily make a new one at any time.
Advantages and disadvantages
The undoubted advantage of home-made filters is the saving of time and money for their replacement. In some cases, the cost of installing such a filter will not be needed at all. often all the necessary elements for its creation are present in the household.
How to Make a Bench Top Sander Table (woodlogger.com)
Homemade filters significantly expand the functionality of vacuum cleaners, allow you to achieve better cleaning quality, and even supplement dry cleaning with wet cleaning. At the same time, in terms of their operational parameters, “artisanal” filters are in no way inferior to factory filters, and in some cases even surpass them.
However, keep in mind that homemade filters may not always be possible to install. When the equipment is under warranty, you will be denied free service and repair if the device includes “foreign” parts. At the end of this period after changing the filter for the first time, try to make sure that the rework does not increase the load on the vacuum cleaner and the power consumption.
What is used?
DIYers often use other materials to create air microfilters:
- ready-made medical dressings;
- cloth for car filters;
- felt in the form of napkins for cleaning office equipment;
- thin denim;
- synthetic winterizer;
- household nonwoven wipes.
In order to increase the cleaning efficiency, the membrane sheet can be folded into 2-4 layers, and the base for fastening can be made of thick hard cardboard or thin plastic. The dust bag can be attached to the base in two ways:
- with the help of hot glue. in this case, the neck of the dust collector is simply fixed between two pieces of nylon;
- with the help of Velcro. in this version, one part of the Velcro is fixed to the base, and the second is sewn to the neck of the dust collector.
How to make?
Let’s dwell in more detail on the features of making filters at home.
Aquafilters are considered the most effective, since in this case, not only cleaning, but also air humidification occurs. The principle of operation of such filters is simple: all sucked-in dust passes through a container with water, which retains even plant pollen and fine particles. Such models are indispensable in the house where people suffering from allergic and bronchopulmonary diseases live.
To make a water filter, you can use:
- separator. it effectively divides contaminants into small and larger ones;
- a water tank. a hermetically sealed lid must be attached to it;
- small fan;
In addition, you will need a baking powder, as well as a drive and a casing. these elements are fixed to the dust collector of the device. As fixing elements, you can use galvanized fasteners.
How to make a filter for a vacuum cleaner?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- What is used?
- How to make?
- HEPA filters
- Dust bag
Filters for household and cleaning vacuum cleaners require periodic replacement. However, not everyone has the opportunity to spend time looking for them. If you wish, you can always make such a filter with your own hands.
Cyclonic systems have been popular for decades. The body of these units is much lighter than that of models with an aquafilter, since the filter itself is hollow inside. The essence of such cleaning consists in the action of centrifugal force on the absorbed debris. With a vortex flow, particles of different sizes settle in the tank, and after disconnecting the device from the power supply, you just need to pull the filter out of the case and thoroughly clean it.
To create such a device, you will need:
- car oil filter. it is used to retain the smallest dust particles;
- a bucket or other container for 20 liters with a tightly screwed lid;
- polypropylene knee with an angle of 90 and 45 degrees;
- plumbing pipe. 1 m;
- corrugated pipe. 2 m.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- in the center of the cover it is necessary to make a small hole at an angle of 90 degrees. here the vacuum cleaner will be attached in the future;
- all gaps are filled with sealants;
- a hole is made on the side of the bucket and a corner is installed there;
- the corrugation with the knee is connected with a pipe;
- in order for a homemade filter to last as long as possible, it is advised to put on nylon stockings on top;
- at the final stage, the elbow in the lid is connected to the filter outlet.
Keep in mind, if you cannot put the filter on the outlet pipe of the vacuum cleaner, then you can resort to using a rubber hose. here you will also need a sealant to treat the joints.
You can make a cyclone filter in another way.
To work, you need to prepare:
- car cone;
- a pair of rods 2 m long;
- washers, as well as nuts 8 mm;
- 2 corrugated pipes for 2 m.
Making a filter includes several stages:
- the base of the cone is carefully cut off and then lowered into the bucket “head” down;
- a pipe is also introduced into the bucket, the space between it and the cone is filled with sealant;
- a square is cut out of a piece of plywood 15-20 mm in size so that the base of the cone fits freely there, and a light stock remains;
- an additional hole 8 mm deep is formed at the corners of the cut fragment, another hole is made closer to the center. it is required for the pipe, on which a corrugated hose is subsequently put on (to fasten the body with a homemade filter);
- the container is closed with a sheet of plywood, it should be fixed as tightly as possible, the edges for greater tightness are pasted over with a rubber layer;
- a hole is drilled in the lid for the tip of the cone;
- holes for the tube are made at the base of the cone, it will be fastened to the corrugated pipe, it is through it that debris will enter the treatment system.
How to make a filter for a vacuum cleaner with your own hands, see the next video.
Dust extraction from a plastic canister
There is a more economical option for dust extraction. Everyone has an empty plastic container for technical fluids in their garage. Such a canister holds its shape perfectly, it is easy to process and immediately has a discharge pipe of the required diameter.
We make fitting, the main aspect is to ensure the required immersion depth of the disc.
Cut out the necessary holes with a construction knife. We select the dimensions taking into account the preservation of the rigidity of the structure. We make the landing dimensions on both sides, for the ability to change the direction of rotation of the disk.
Homemade pan cover
From an old pan, you can make a casing with your own hands, both for grinding concrete, and for a cutting wheel or chipping.
- it is only necessary to select the diameter in accordance with the size of the disc (2-3 cm more). The easiest way is to attach the disc to the bottom, choose the optimal position and mark the center with a marker;
- then a segment is cut off, which determines the amount of disc sticking out of the casing;
- a circle is outlined around the designated center, the diameter of which corresponds to the fit size of the angle grinder;
- a hole is drilled along the marked center, from which the rays are cut from the center to the edges with metal scissors. The resulting petals are bent outward, forming a bore diameter for installation on an angle grinder;
- a metal clamp of the appropriate size is taken and carefully welded to the bent petals. Tested on an angle grinder and finally fitted;
- a cutting disc is installed, its position is marked in a circle on the walls of the pan with a margin of about 1 cm.Then transverse cuts are made from the edges to the marked mowing line, and the resulting petals are bent inward. The excess parts are cut off with metal scissors;
- the outer wall is attached to the bent petals in any available way. for welding, bolts, screwed with wire. The material for it can serve as a metal sheet, plastic, etc.
- the hole for the vacuum cleaner connection is marked on the side of the casing. The branch pipe itself can be made of a plastic sewer pipe, or made of metal. The branch pipe is inserted into the hole, attached in an accessible way. by welding, screwed with wire, etc.
An exhaust home-made casing for grinding is made even easier. a pan of the required diameter is installed on the bore hole, cut in height so that the grinding disc of the angle grinder is completely covered with the remaining part. Then, petals with a height of about 5-10 mm are cut along the perimeter and bent outward. A foam rubber seal for doors or windows is attached to them, which ensures the tightness of the casing. It remains only to make a hole in the bottom next to the landing, and attach the nozzle for the vacuum cleaner. The casing is ready.
How to ensure dust-free cutting of tiles
Cutting ceramic tiles with an angle grinder with a vacuum cleaner is quite problematic. The dust cover covers the cutting area, and full control over the process is important for the master. There is only one way out. to make a dust collector yourself, using transparent materials. An excellent option for preparation. 5-6 liter PET bottle.
It is fastened with a standard protective casing, and the neck fits perfectly under the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner. With the help of such a transparent nozzle, you can perform any work, controlling the entry of the disc into the workpiece. The exception is chasing, for this type of work a more rigid structure is required, the manufacturing methods are discussed above.
A plastic bottle-canister from technical fluids is convenient in that it already has an almost ready-made outlet for a vacuum cleaner. The neck of the canister connects well with the hose, it remains only to select the required amount of overhang for the disc and make a hole in the side flat part of the canister. You will need a collar with an adapter ring that connects the container to the angle grinder. This element is important, therefore it is necessary to make it as carefully as possible, otherwise, during operation, the dust cover will fall off the bore diameter of the angle grinder. A slot for the disc is made in the narrow side part.
Such a casing is simple, lightweight and takes little time to manufacture. Old cans are lying around in any garage, it is not a problem to find them. All that remains is to spend a little time and work.
The for factory protection models are too high, so the vast majority of craftsmen use homemade products. They do not require expenses, are made from scrap materials and do their job quite well. It takes a few hours to manufacture, and the benefits obtained from such products are great and fully justify the effort and time spent.
In addition to a large number of advantages, the angle grinder has one drawback. The angle grinder produces a lot of fine dust when carrying out various jobs on wood or concrete. This debris must then be removed from the most inaccessible places. To avoid this, you should use a cover for an angle grinder for a vacuum cleaner, which can be made with your own hands from scrap materials.
Dust-free cutting of ceramic tiles
It is very difficult to cut ceramic tiles with an angle grinder with a factory dust extractor, because the cover overlaps the cutting area, and the builder needs absolute control over the work. For this purpose, it is worth making a homemade dust collector from transparent materials, for example, from a large plastic bottle.
This fixture is secured with a factory protective cover. The neck of the bottle fits very well with the bell of a household vacuum cleaner. This self-made transparent nozzle will help you complete the most difficult jobs. And also the master will be able to control the entry of the cutting disc into the ceramic tile. At the end of the work, you just need to throw the garbage out of the bag.
A cover for an angle grinder for a vacuum cleaner. the necessary device when performing repairs in an apartment
In addition to a lot of pluses, the angle grinder has one significant drawback. When working with stone or wood, it produces a lot of small dust, which then has to be extracted from the list of all the cracks in your house. Cutting metal, even in an apartment, is not particularly difficult.
Regardless of the material. small dust is produced in unlimited quantities. The process is complicated by the fact that work is often carried out at a height of 1.5-2 meters. With all this, dust floating from above moderately settles throughout the room.
Clay tile cutting;
Frequent dusty work. At the same time, clay dust comes out especially small and penetrates everywhere.
Scraping wooden floors.
The procedure is large and is carried out over a large area. Therefore, there is enough dust and sawdust at the exit.
We dock the hose of the vacuum cleaner with the neck of the canister, and fasten it with a clamp.
We organize the fastening of the casing to the angle grinder using a clamp and an adapter ring. The manufacture of this element must be approached with special responsibility.
Cover the unused hole with a lid, which is transferred to the other side when the direction of rotation of the disc is changed.
Such homemade products are practically free, and the benefits from them are significant. an angle grinder complete with a vacuum cleaner allows you to carry out any work in rooms with minimal external contamination.
For cycling, the shape of the nozzle is somewhat different, but this is not of fundamental importance. It can be made according to the same principle, using improvised materials.
a casing for a vacuum cleaner from an existing casing an angle grinder for another pan
Use a welding machine and make a dust extraction from a standard casing.
Can be done as in the video. From an old iron plate, a very working version of the casing
The design comes out strong, luxurious, alas, asks for a welder, also argon. This adds up to additional costs, although the bottom line is worth it.
If you have an old duralumin pan at home, of course, make a casing without using a welding machine.
We cut out the main part of the casing, adjusting it to the power tool. In this phase, it is essential to immediately calculate the depth of disc penetration, this affects the height of the cross-section from below.
From the remaining part, we cut out the mounting axis of the attachment to the power tool. We try on the cross section directly on the angle grinder, at the same time the size is very clear so that the casing does not jump off from vibration during operation.
In the same way, we make a branch pipe for a vacuum cleaner hose. The edges of the casing are neatly, bend one strip inward, for fastening the side wall.
We saw without dust! Shaiter Andrey!
Friends, for reasons that are not yet clear to me, 5000 dislays were added to the myth video for several others.
Of course, the wall should be made of any material, for example, from a narrow sheet. Of course, give the product a more aesthetic shape, process connections, paint. But then we move away from the main concept. the most economical!