How to adjust the carburetor on a Poulan chainsaw
Chainsaw Poulan 2250 (Poulan chainsaw repair)
Manufacturer Poulan Model / Article 2250 Country of origin / assembly USA / China Saw type household Volume.
- “L” regulates the fuel supply at low revs;
- “H” is needed to regulate the highest fuel supply;
- “T” idle speed control.
Because the adjustment of the saw carburetor occurs by ear with the engine running, safety measures must be observed. The saw must be positioned stably with the torches pointed in a non-hazardous direction.
Before starting the manipulations, it is worth noting the initial position of the screws with paint or a felt-tip pen. The clear values of the chainsaw carburetor option for each model are in the instruction manual.
But more often, a carburetor tincture is required after eliminating a malfunction of the instrument. The reasons may be:
- violation of the protective cap and imbalance of the screws;
- wear of the engine piston, requiring a different consistency composition for operation;
- unsatisfactory operation of the carburetor itself.
How do I adjust the carburetor on a certain model of chainsaw? Operations are performed one by one, guided by the annotation. Here is the method, the general sequence of actions.
- basic, with the engine off;
- narrow. on a warm engine, idling.
The basic setting is carried out only for the fuel screws at low and high speeds. Gasoline powered tools. educational program. Chainsaw partner 352. Dismantling the carburetor. Adjusting the carburetor partner 370. Smoothly, slowly, one hundred percent should close the shutters to the stop. Also slowly open both screws counterclockwise 1.5 turns. Chainsaw carburetor adjustment poulan 2150 chainsaw. manual model with a chain saw. Then start the engine and warm it up for 10 minutes.
How to set up a carburetor on a chainsaw with the engine on:
- adjust idle speed with screw “T”, turning counterclockwise until stable operation of the motor at idle speed;
- check the speed of the set of revolutions, with a leisurely spin, turn the screw L by 1/8 of a turn additionally;
- set the highest rotation speed on the tachometer with screw H;
- check the operation of the carburetor at idle at all.
If the troubleshooting is carried out by hand, it is necessary to free up space and expand the small parts. You will need a tool:
- screwdriver for cross-thread heads;
- socket wrench or M6 head;
- pure gasoline.
The main thing is to properly release the unit from the installation site, cleaning it from the outside from dirt. The air intake is removed, opening access to the carburetor and the suction draft. Remove the throttle lever by lowering the carburetor choke. Release the part by removing the choke lever, lifting the wire along with the lever towards you, picking it up on the left.
HOW TO ADJUST POULAN CHAINSAW CARBURETOR
Rinse the freed carburetor in gasoline, blow out with air, clean the grate by injecting with a thin needle.
When reassembling the assembly, make sure that the spring under the needle arm is in place. If you forget it, the fuel is not cut off, the candle is damp and does not give a spark.
It happens that on a STIHL saw the throttle key slightly wedges. In this case, the throttle must be cleaned of plaque. It is necessary to protect the damper with tinning after cleaning.
After assembling the carburetor, setting it in place, adjust it as described above.
The Poulan 2250 chainsaw has many useful features in everyday life. Great for gardening. But in order to perform more complex work, it is better to purchase a professional model.
- To protect the cylinder-piston group from corrosion, a chrome-plated coating is used.
- Chain brake, both inertial and manually triggered.
- Automatic oil supply for lubrication of the cutting attachment (manual adjustment is not provided).
- Primer. a pump that supplies fuel for engine cold start.
In addition, this model has a power of 1.3 kW, a tire length of 40 cm, a crankcase and fuel tank volume of 210 ml and 360 ml, respectively, and a tool weight of 4.7 kg.
Features of Poulan chainsaws
The creation of gasoline saws is considered to be the first creation in the company founded by Poulan. For their technical properties, these South American saws have received proper recognition from the owners in our country.
Among the features of the Poulan brand chainsaws, the following can be distinguished:
- the use of relatively cheap, but high quality and reliable material in the construction of the tool;
- the highest guarantee of safety when working with inventory;
- availability of a reliable and well-made motor;
- quite high power, but with all this small tool weight;
- ease and convenience in work due to mobility;
When carburetor adjustment is required
Your brand new chainsaw is adjusted to the recommended mix. It will only be necessary to fine-tune it with three screws; it is not necessary to disassemble the carburetor. The purpose of the adjusting screws:
Poulan 2150 Chainsaw Carburetor Adjustment
Review of popular models of Poulan chainsaws
Let’s get to know some of the popular representatives of the Poulan brand and their features in more detail.
Main advantages and disadvantages
- Reliable high-speed engine;
- Parts of the piston group are made of high-strength materials and have a chrome-plated finish;
- Two-stage air purification system;
- Ergonomic, well-balanced body;
- Effective anti-vibration system with damper springs;
- Quality Poulan saw headset.
- Some tools only come with an English manual;
- Carburetor settings often go astray;
- The engine needs a high-quality and fresh fuel mixture;
- Many fakes for the instruments of this brand have appeared on the market.
- How to start a STIHL 180 Chainsaw
- How To Saw A Countertop At Home
- How to Clean the Carburetor of a STIHL 180 Chainsaw
- Which Circular Saw Is Best For Home
- DIY STIHL 250 Chainsaw Carburetor Adjustment
Why and how the chainsaw carburetor is adjusted
The gasoline engine works by burning a previously prepared mixture of air, oil and gasoline. Chainsaw poulan 2250.opilah.com. Chainsaw carburetor adjustment is needed to prepare the mixture in the right proportion. It depends on the operation of the carburetor whether the engine will work with the declared power or will stall.
When is adjustment necessary?
Most often, the owners of the Husqvarn chainsaw and other manufacturers do not so often have to adjust the carburetor. To understand that it is time to perform this operation, you need to focus on the following signs:
- After starting the engine, it stalls rather quickly or it is generally impossible to start it. This is most often associated with the use of a lean fuel mixture;
- During the operation of the tool, fuel is consumed in an increased amount. A more active generation of exhaust gases may also be observed. As a rule, this happens in the case of using a supersaturated mixture.
It should be noted that an adjustment failure is quite rare, but it can occur in the following situations:
- In case of failure of the fastening of the adjusting screws. This could be due to vibration or breakage of the protective cap. In principle, the likelihood of this is rather low if no one has touched them.
- Serious wear of the engine, primarily the piston engine. In this case, the factory settings will be of little use. A temporary solution in this situation is to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw. However, you shouldn’t expect that this will permanently solve the problem. After performing this operation, you need to be prepared for the fact that soon you will need to repair the engine.
- Also, the need for adjustment may be associated with the appearance of a blockage in the carburetor. This can result from the use of not the best quality gasoline, breakdown of the air filter or the formation of scale. In such cases, adjustment alone is not enough. It is necessary to disassemble the carburetor and remove it from dirt.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment
The process of adjusting the carburetor of the Partner chainsaw, as well as of other manufacturers, is carried out by manipulating three adjusting screws. However, in some models only one screw is provided for this case. For the standard tool, you can see the screws on the carburetor body, which correspond to the following designations:
- L. this screw is needed to change low engine speed;
- H. this screw allows you to change high speed;
- T. this screw is used to adjust the idle speed.
Usually, to adjust the carburetor of a Goodluck chainsaw and other manufacturers, two screws, L and H, are used, which allow you to create a fuel mixture of the required quality. If a lean mixture is required, the screws must be turned clockwise, which will increase the number of revolutions. In other words, the purpose of the operation is to set high revs. If the screws are turned counterclockwise, this will allow for a richer mixture. Accordingly, such an operation allows the setting of a low engine speed.
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw with your own hands?
The owners of the suburban area often have to perform work that requires a tool such as a chainsaw. However, over time, even he begins to cope with its functions worse and at some point may simply stall. This can happen due to various reasons, including the use of low quality fuel or the presence of problems in the engine. This question is, of course, important, but for us the most interesting is the carburetor, which is an important element of the engine. In order for the engine to work normally as long as possible, you need to know at what moments the carburetor of the chainsaw should be adjusted and how this operation should be carried out.
Chainsaw carburetor device
Even before you start adjusting the carburetor, it will be useful to familiarize yourself with the device and how this tool works. Subsequently, this information will help prevent many problems.
A number of mandatory elements can be distinguished in the design of the carburetor, however, in some modifications of this tool, additional ones may be present. Therefore, you need to look at the chainsaw model. These elements are:
- A tube. The main element, made like a wind tunnel, which provides air intake. There is an air damper across it, which changes its position and thereby contributes to an increase in the force of the incoming air or its decrease.
- Diffuser. So it is customary to call the narrowing of the tube, the main purpose of which is to increase the speed of the air flow in the area where the fuel supply hole is located;
- Spray. It is this device that ensures the flow of fuel into the air channel. It is fed directly into the atomizer by means of a nozzle from the float chamber.
- The float chamber acts as a kind of reservoir, which is necessary to maintain a constant fuel level at the entrance to the air channel.
The carburetor itself works as follows: the air channel provides a rapid flow of air, which can have different speeds depending on the position of the damper. The level of the float allows you to adjust the degree of opening of the fuel supply channel, and it itself depends on the position of the above-mentioned air damper. When air enters the diffuser, it begins to lift the incoming fuel along with it and atomizes it. At this stage, a mixture is formed, which goes into the cylinder, bypassing the intake manifold.
As a rule, the pressure level in the float chamber does not differ from the atmospheric one. In the air channel, a different picture is observed, since a rarefied pressure is maintained there. It is the difference in fuel pressure that ensures its flow through suction through the nozzle, from where it goes into the air channel. It is very important that with an increase in the degree of opening of the air damper, the amount of air also increases, which, accordingly, allows more fuel to enter. In turn, it is the volume of fuel that affects the speed at which the engine will operate.
If you were able to get hold of a tachometer and you know what the maximum number of revolutions your engine has, then you can try to adjust the carburetor yourself. The process itself involves the following actions:
- First, you need to find the closest possible speed value using the L regulator;
- After that, using the specified regulator, we translate it into a quarter of a turn of the screw, rotating it counterclockwise.
- Then we start working on the H regulator, but you need to be very careful here, because if you overdo it, it will lead to engine failure.
Finally, we need to perform an operation to adjust the idle speed. First, you need to ensure that the engine runs evenly in any position until the moment it starts to move. The adjusting screw must be turned counterclockwise until the chain stops. In the event that you fail to do this, you should entrust this work to a specialist, since using a chainsaw with a broken adjustment is dangerous to health.
Regardless of which manufacturer’s tool you have to deal with, adjusting the carburetor requires certain requirements:
- To properly adjust the carburetor, you must first warm up the engine. To do this, turn it on for 10 minutes;
- Check the air filter, which must be in working order. Its readiness is judged by the absence of contamination;
- When rotating the chain with the adjusting screw T, stop it completely. This is done by turning the screw counterclockwise.
In the process of adjusting the carburetor, there is a risk of harm to your health. Therefore, in order to minimize such unpleasant consequences, it is necessary to make sure that the chain is directed in the opposite direction. In turn, the saw must be positioned on a level surface and make sure that it does not come into contact with the cutting part with any objects.
The process of fine adjustment of the screws requires adherence to a certain order: L. H. T. Screw L is used to select the maximum number of engine revolutions. This is done by turning the screw clockwise or in the opposite direction until the maximum is reached.
Considering that everything is done by “feeling”, a tachometer or a clear ear for music will not interfere here. It is very important that you have a clear idea of what sound the engine speed limit is. Then you can stop in time. First of all, you need to be careful with the H regulator, because otherwise it may result in engine failure. And to repair it, you will have to spend a lot of money. For this reason, it is desirable that such work be performed by a qualified specialist.
A tool such as a chainsaw greatly simplifies many operations. However, it can fail at some point. One of the reasons for this may be a carburetor adjustment failure. But any owner can solve this problem on their own. In principle, adjusting a chainsaw with your own hands is a fairly simple procedure, since it requires manipulating three adjustment screws. However, experience here will not be superfluous, so it is recommended not to experiment with a working tool, but to invite a specialist.
Which tachometers to choose
As for the tachometers. Then there are tachometers manufactured by STIH, ECHO is quite expensive, and very good tachometers. And there are not any extra wires that need to be connected to the device. The tachometer is simply applied to the saw and counts the revolutions, a good thing, but expensive. There are Chinese counterparts. Since the PIT saw is Chinese, the tachometer can also be purchased from China. The tachometer is connected to the high-voltage wire using a wire from the tachometer, it is simply wound around it. We turn on the device and set up.
Chainsaw carburetor setting
Setting up the carburetor of the chainsaw, then you need to use a tachometer, that is, in general, it works and develops power and it seems you can work. After such settings, you need to cut something. To check the work at high speeds.
Carburetor diagram: 1. fuel supply union; 2. channel for supplying air impulses to the fuel pump membrane; 3. fuel inlet valve; fuel pump (membrane); 5. fuel release valve from the fuel pump; 6. filter element for the fuel mixture; 7. air damper, closed when starting and warming up the engine; 8. the main throttle valve, which regulates the engine operating mode and its power indicators; 9. fuel supply channel for mixture formation; 10. idle speed adjusting screw (ОХХ); 11. needle in the fuel supply system; 12. idle jet; 13. membrane; 14. fuel storage chamber in the carburetor; 15. the main jet of the carburetor; 16. diffuser, the main evaporation of the fuel takes place here; 17. screw for adjusting the fuel supply through the main jet.
Adjusting the carburetor on a chainsaw bu
How to properly adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw. If your chainsaw looks like a new one, and you haven’t turned anything yet, then you need to count the number of revolutions when you turn the screws to the end. To do this, you can invent a device from a simple dial of an old watch.
If the saw was inoperative and was in the cold, before making adjustments, the saw must be warmed up for about 10 minutes.
What you should pay attention to when working?
First of all, for the enrichment of the mixture, you can see this by the exhaust. When we unscrew the screw H or screw L counterclockwise, we pay attention to the exhaust system. If in the process of work we start to go gray smoke from here, it means we made the mixture too rich. It will lead to soot on the rings, and soot on the candle.
If we have an exhaust with a very strong cracking noise, this is a detonation, a lean mixture. Too lean mixture can lead to engine overheating and, accordingly, to piston burnout, cylinder wear and spark plug burnout.
That is why a tachometer is used to adjust the minimum idle speed and maximum idle speed.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw. And so we have three carburetor adjustment screws. The H screw is responsible for the tenor revolution. this is the maximum revolution that the saw develops at maximum power. The L screw is responsible for low speed, when the saw is idling, at low speeds. The T screw regulates the opening of the throttle valve, that is, this is the same valve that is triggered when we press the throttle grip.
That is, the screw T is responsible for the volume of air supply to the combustion room. Screw L is responsible for supplying fuel to the combustion chamber. Screw H is responsible for supplying fuel to the combustion chamber at high speeds.
In general, this is an uncomplicated scheme. By turning the screw clockwise, we open the throttle valve and provide more air that will flow into the combustion room. And one turn, to close, turn it counterclockwise, reducing the amount of air entering the combustion chamber.
This can be observed at idle, when we start turning the screw to the right, the throttle valve opens. We turn the screw to the left, counterclockwise the shutter closes completely.
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw so that it works accurately and gives out the revolutions that are required and correspond to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Where to start adjusting the carburetor on a chainsaw
The adjustment is, in principle, simple and has been described more than once on our website prokarbyrator.ru. On this saw in the instruction 3300 cycles, the chain thickness here is zero 3.25. And if the thickness of the chain is thinner, then the number of turns at idle will be less, but at the same time the high speed will increase. On this saw, the maximum number of high cycles is 11000.
The manufacturer’s instructions recommend that work be carried out not at full throttle, but at 80 percent. At eight thousand revolutions, sawing is performed. Saws with thinner chains have more than 11 thousand revolutions, they can reach 13000, that is, you need to look at the specification.
Adjusting the carburetor on a chainsaw at home
Adjusting the carburetor of a chainsaw with your own hands is not a problem. In fact, because adjustments to saws at home are not carried out so often, it is rather a necessary measure. Consequently, high rpm is set for this saw in the region of 11000 rpm.
You can set up at home without special tools, that is, manually. Thus, it is performed by ear. It is carried out in the same way, that is, first we find the maximum speed, only we do it by ear without additional devices. But this must be done for a short time, because if we drive the saw at very high speeds, in a lean mixture, then we can simply ditch the piston group. Therefore, it is better to use a tachometer and increase the speed as necessary, from the enriched mixture, go to the poorer ones, as we did with the L screw, nevertheless this is possible.
At home setting, when you will adjust the saw, it is better not to touch the screw At the very beginning. First, it is necessary to adjust the screw L and then the screw H. In extreme cases, if your chain rotates after adjusting the enrichment of the mixture, with the screws L and H, then we adjust the idle speed. We make the minimum number of revolutions using the throttle valve, that is, we lower the number of revolutions.
A clear moment will appear in the sound when the saw gained maximum speed, after which there was a sharp decline. This will be the maximum speed. After the tool reaches maximum revolutions, we turn off the revolutions by a quarter. this is again a preliminary setting, and a short setting. Because, nevertheless, you need to adjust as it should, by the tachometer, if you want the saw to work long enough.
Gasoline does not flow into the chainsaw carburetor
If the fuel does not enter the standard chamber, then this may indicate several breakdowns at once. The first step is to check the air and fuel filters. During long-term use of the saw, these elements absorb a large amount of dust, which further prevents the infiltration of clean air and fuel. A slightly dirty filter can be cleaned with gasoline, but if the part is clogged with a lot of dust, then it will need to be replaced.
Another cause of the malfunction is the needle. This part sticks, especially in Chinese-made chainsaws. To fix the problem, in most cases it will be enough just to move the needle.
If no fuel enters the chamber, the saw owner should inspect the seals on the tool. After several months of using the tool, these parts lose their tightness. Over time, they begin to leak gasoline, as a result of which the instrument stops starting. Repair is carried out by replacing oil seals.
If fuel does not enter the chamber, then you need to check the fuel line. Most often, a Chinese hose is used to complete a budget-class tool, which loses its tightness over time. In this case, it will be necessary to replace the line, paying special attention to the tightness of the channel joints.
How to properly adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw?
Place the tool on a firm, level surface to set up the assembly. It is best to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw in a place protected from dust and moisture.
The node setup process should look like this:
- First you need to unscrew the fastening bolts and remove the protective saw body. This will make it possible to inspect the carburetor and, if necessary, clean it;
- Next, you need to remove the standard air filter of the tool. If the saw is equipped with an additional foam insert, then it must also be removed;
- After that, you need a screwdriver, with which you need to tighten the bolts marked H and L clockwise until they stop. This must be done very carefully so as not to break the bolts;
- Then both screws should be unscrewed 1.5 turns in the opposite direction;
- Next, you need to start the chainsaw engine and let it run for about 7 minutes;
- As soon as the engine cylinder heats up, you will need to start turning the bolt L until the internal combustion engine starts working at maximum speed. Immediately thereafter, the bolt must be turned 1/4 turn in the opposite direction;
- Then you need to adjust the operation of the motor at high speeds. To do this, you need to connect an electronic tachometer to the engine, and start turning the bolt H until the readings on the instrument panel coincide with the instructions for the recommended maximum revolutions in the instructions for the saw;
- In the end, it remains to adjust the operation of the internal combustion engine of the saw at idle. To do this, slowly turn the bolt T against the clock hand until the motor runs stably and without dips. If the engine starts to stall, then the T bolt should be turned in the direction of the clock hand.
Chainsaw carburetor device
Most modern chainsaws are equipped with nearly the same carburetors. They practically do not differ from each other, and work on a similar principle. The only difference between cameras from different manufacturers is the material from which they are made. In expensive American, Swedish and German chainsaws, cameras are made of reliable alloys, on which protective coatings are applied. Cheap Chinese and Korean chainsaws are equipped with nodes made from cheap materials.
Each carburetor consists of the following elements:
- aluminum body with one-piece construction. Inside the body there is an inlet fitting, a main screw, an impulse channel, a bolt for adjusting the engine when idling;
- throttle valve. it is responsible for adjusting the amount of air required to enrich the fuel mixture;
- diffuser. located next to the inlet of the chamber;
- sprayer. designed to supply the fuel mixture directly to the carburetor chamber;
- float chamber. there is a float in it, which is triggered in the event of an insufficient amount of fuel;
- nozzles. are valves that are responsible for adjusting the amount of fuel.
This chain saw carburetor circuit is as simple and effective as possible. In some models of gardening tools, it can be supplemented with additional pipes, oil seals or filters.
The principle of operation of a chainsaw carburetor is quite simple. At the moment the engine is started, the air damper located at the bottom of the housing opens. In this case, a vacuum is formed in the float and air chambers, caused by the movement of the piston. As a result, the standard diffuser is triggered, which begins to suck in air. The amount of intake air depends on the opening of the damper. When the piston is triggered, fuel begins to flow into the chamber through the inlet fitting. Its quantity and flow rate depend on the position of the nozzles.
Subsequently, the fuel in the air chamber begins to mix with air. After that, the finished air-fuel mixture passes through the intake valves, from where it is sent to the combustion chamber of the saw engine.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment. what a beginner needs to know?
Initially, all adjusting bolts are in the factory positions. this ensures that the optimal amount of fuel and air is sucked in. However, due to prolonged use of the saw in difficult conditions, the factory settings of its carburetor may be violated. Even a slight movement of one of the bolts by 1/5 of a turn will seriously damage the saw motor. In this regard, the operator must constantly monitor that the adjusting bolts are in the optimal positions set at the factory.
If for some reason the work of the node has been disrupted, then it will need to be reconfigured. For this, 3 adjusting bolts are provided in the assembly. The first of them is marked with the letter H. it is needed to tune the engine of the chainsaw when operating at maximum speed. The second screw marked L is used to adjust the motor when running at low rpm. The third screw can be labeled T, S or LA. Its task is to configure the internal combustion engine when operating in idle mode.
How to adjust/tune a Poulan chainsaw carburator
Chainsaw carburetor tuning must be carried out with a completely serviceable engine. Immediately before adjustment, you will need to inspect the air filter, and, if necessary, clean or replace it.
How to flush a chainsaw carburetor?
It is best to use a product that is commercially available in pressurized cylinders to remove stubborn dirt from the assembly. The kit includes a dispenser and a long thin tube that allows you to spray the product in any hard-to-reach places.
It must be remembered that cleaning the carburetor on a chainsaw is carried out using flammable chemicals. You need to work with them in a special protective mask and only in well-ventilated areas.
To clean the carburetor on a chainsaw, the unit will need to be partially disassembled. The throttle valve, adjusting screws, body and other carburetor parts will need to be rinsed with a bottle cleaner and set aside until completely dry. Once all the elements are dry, the unit can be assembled and installed back on the chainsaw.
The chainsaw carburetor is the element that mixes the air / fuel mixture. Not only the stability of the engine, but also the speed of the entire chainsaw depends on the condition and serviceability of this important unit. In this regard, each owner of a garden tool should study the design of the carburetor, as well as familiarize himself with the rules for its maintenance and repair.
Why the chainsaw shoots the carburetor?
If, during the launch and operation of the instrument, its owner hears sounds resembling shots, then this indicates a malfunction of the unit in which the fuel is mixed. The reason for this, most likely, is the following malfunctions of the chainsaw carburetor:
- overtightened ignition. in this case, the fuel does not burn out, which leads to specific sharp shots;
- feeding a mixture with a low concentration of gasoline to the carburetor. to fix the problem, you will need to adjust the jets.
If the shooting sound comes from the muffler, the problem is that the fuel mixture is oversaturated with gasoline. If there is too little air in the fuel, then it will burn not only in the chamber, but also in the muffler. This will be evidenced by a large amount of carbon deposits on the inner walls of the muffler.
Mechanic at home: adjusting the carburetor of a chainsaw with your own hands
Any internal combustion engine requires periodic maintenance, It doesn’t matter if it is the engine of a simple moped or a powerful multi-ton tractor. Such a tool as a chainsaw was no exception. After all, it is equipped with a single-cylinder two-stroke internal combustion engine, which also requires serious maintenance, although it is much easier to perform the necessary actions here. In today’s article we will talk about how to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw with our own hands, find out how difficult it is, and figure out whether you need to be a professional mechanic to do this kind of work.
How to adjust the carburetor on chainsaws
To understand how to properly adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw, you need to see it, and therefore we invite the reader to pay attention to the example below.
To make the adjustment, you only need a slotted screwdriver, however, it will not be possible to perfectly fine-tune the carburetor without a tachometer (of course, if the person is not a minder or a professional driver with experience). Now let’s try to understand how to set up the carburetor in a given situation.
How does a chainsaw carburetor work, on what principle does it work
Modern car engines are no longer equipped with a carburetor. Meanwhile, before, almost every driver knew how to adjust it. Today, chainsaws with injection engines have already begun to appear on sale, however, carburetor models will hold the palm for a long time, because their cost is 5-15 times lower than that of the modernized version.
The carburetor consists of several main parts:
- aluminum body;
- diffuser and air damper at the inlet;
- nozzles (valves for adjusting the fuel supply);
- atomizer (it is he who provides injection);
- fuel (float) chamber.
The principle of operation of a chainsaw carburetor is quite simple. Fuel is supplied continuously, and its quantity is regulated by jets. Air enters through the air damper due to the air vacuum generated by the piston. The diffuser mixes fuel and air. It is this fuel-air mixture that enters the cylinder, forcing the engine to work.
How to set up a chainsaw carburetor if it won’t start at all
Quite a common problem in those cases when the “master” from the “I know everything” series tries to get into the settings with hands that do not grow from the shoulders. In this case, there are standard screw positions from which you can “dance” further. First, you need to completely tighten both screws (do not overdo it). Then unscrew:
- screw L. one revolution;
- screw H. one and a half turn.
With regard to the idle screw, the throttle must first be completely closed (screw T removed). After that, it must be cranked one and a half turns clockwise and try to start the engine. If it did not work out, it is gradually added by a quarter of a turn before starting. When the engine starts to work, the position of the idle screw is adjusted so that the internal combustion engine does not stall, but the chain is still in place.
A machine for sharpening chainsaw chains: selection criteria, design features, technical and operational characteristics of equipment, the principle of operation of manual and automatic devices, an overview of popular models of sharpening installations.
Determining the need to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw
Before you start adjusting the carburetor on a chainsaw, you need to make sure that it is generally required. It would seem an absurd phrase. However, in 90% of cases, when an inexperienced craftsman considers such an action necessary, the unstable operation of the instrument is associated with other reasons, including:
- problems in the fuel lines and filter. blockages, depressurization;
- malfunction of the exhaust system;
- clogged or damaged air filter;
- unstable operation of the ignition system;
- violation of the tightness of the internal combustion engine crankcase.
Only if these problems are excluded, and the engine is unstable, it is safe to say that carburetor adjustment is required.
How to sharpen a chainsaw chain: tooth configuration and sharpening angle, templates and tools for sharpening, the frequency of the procedure; how to sharpen a chainsaw chain at home with a file, using an angle grinder, on a machine, additional recommendations.
How to correctly and accurately adjust the carburetor: step by step instructions
In order to make the information easier to perceive, we propose to consider it on the basis of photo examples with a description of actions in tabular form. Chainsaw with initial settings is taken as a basis.
You can learn more about the master class on adjusting the carburetor of a chainsaw in this video.