Valve Adjustment On The Tiller
Adjusting valves on the cascade tiller
- Remove the cover from the flywheel.
- Remove the valve cover.
- We turn the flywheel until the intake valve is pressed in. Accordingly, the exhaust valve will be depressed.
- Next, you need to achieve the correct clearance for each of the valves. According to the instructions, for the inlet this parameter is 0.15 mm, and for the outlet 0.20 mm.
- We check with a dipstick the existing gap between the valve and the piston. If the probe slips strongly, or it does not pass between them at all, then we need adjustment. If there is no dipstick, you can use a razor blade that is 0.1 mm thick.
- To adjust, we loosen the fastening nut, then insert the dipstick into the gap under the valve. Its optimal position will be quite tight walking between the piston and the valve, without slipping.
- If everything worked out, we tighten the nuts back, after which we put the valve cover and the casing in place.
The scheme of work is arranged in an identical way, so you can use one algorithm of action, exactly the same as for adjusting the valves on the popular centaur tiller.
How to properly adjust the Tiller Zip valve
What is the order of adjusting the valves on the popular zip tiller:
- Opening the flywheel.
- Unscrew the valve cover clockwise.
- Check the gap with a probe in the same way as described above.
- Use a wrench to turn between the nuts and loosen them a little.
- We close the system and conduct testing.
Step-by-step instructions for different models
Adjustment of devices Neva mb 2, Zirka 105
The process of adjusting valves on the neva mb 2 tiller and a similar zirka 105 tiller:
- Let the engine run, and then cool down a little.
- Remove the cover.
- We remove the valve cover and get to those flywheels that are under it.
- Unscrew the lock nut.
- The blade that we insert into the gap must pass very freely between the piston and the valve.
- Screw the whole system back.
Adjusting the valves on the Lifan 6.5 tiller consists in setting the correct clearance under the valves. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Remove the cover to get to the flywheel.
- Remove the valve cover. Under it are two valves inlet and outlet.
- To check the inlet valve clearance, you need a 0.15 mm dipstick, and 0.2 mm for the outlet. If adjusted correctly, the dipstick should pass freely under the valve.
- To adjust, loosen the fastening nuts with a wrench. We insert the dipstick between the valve and the piston so that it does not slip, but is tight enough in this position. We wrap the nut.
- We put in place the valve cover and the flywheel cover.
How to set up on the Tiller Agro
The valves on the Agro tiller are adjusted as follows:
- We warm up the engine, after which we give it some time to cool down.
- Remove the air filter oil bath.
- Next, you need to unscrew the flywheel casing, mounted on 6 bolts.
- The flywheel is marked with 0 (top dead center), 5, 10 and 20 (fuel injection). We compare the dead center of the flywheel with the mark located on the cylinder so that they are opposite each other.
- Next, remove the valve cover.
- There are two valves under it. Loosen the lock nut, then insert the razor blade under the valve. The blade must pass freely between the piston and the valve.
- Having achieved this, we tighten the nut back. Then we replace the valve cover and the flywheel housing.
So, if necessary, you can use the identical scheme.
How to adjust the valves on the tiller is outlined in detail
How to adjust the tiller valves?
Tiller has long been known as a plowing agent. For normal operation of the device, the tiller valves need to be adjusted, which should be done at least once a year. This unit greatly simplifies human work. With various attachments, it can do all agricultural work. It is also used for vehicles for transportation. Well, he will deliver himself to significant distances on his own.
About the device of tillers and valves
Tiller Cayman, Patriot, Texas, Foreman, Krosser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don represent a rather complex technical device, consisting of several main working units: engine, transmission, chassis and controls.
The very understanding of the tiller design is very important, because the correctness of the repair and adjustment work depends on it.
Let’s consider each node in more detail:
- Engine. Depending on the configuration, 2-stroke and 4-stroke motors can be used. At the moment, it is the 4-stroke that is most widely used, because they have higher performance indicators.
- In addition, engines are divided into diesel and gasoline. The former are most suitable for large-sized units, and the latter for small and medium-sized units.
For more details on the operation of the tiller engine, see the following:
- Transmission. The torque that is transmitted from the engine to the wheels is carried out precisely by the transmission. It includes a gearbox, gearbox, clutch system and differential (for some models).
- Depending on the type of gearbox and clutch, not only the cost of the tiller is formed, but also the principle of operation of these components.
- Chassis. Most of the tillers have in their presence a pair of wheels of various types, pneumatic or metal, equipped with lugs. In addition, the undercarriage includes the frame itself, on which all the other elements of the tiller are located, the engine, gearbox, etc.
- Control system. All tiller controls are located at the operator’s arm’s length, i.E. On the handle and in the immediate vicinity of it. This includes the clutch lever, gearshift and drive change buttons, emergency engine stop, etc.
As for the carburetor, it is part of the engine power system. It acts as a kind of mixer that mixes liquid fuel with air to obtain a fuel mixture, which then enters the engine cylinders. Structurally, it looks like this:
- Float chamber;
- Throttle and air dampers;
- Mixing chamber;
- Jet etc.
This is a description of the standard carburetor, but different tiller models such as Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, Husqvarna may use different carburetors, respectively, and the adjustment will be different.
Maintenance of the Lifan tiller includes a number of measures aimed at preserving the internal parts and preventing breakdowns, namely:
- Checking the oil level and changing the oil in the tiller engine.
- Checking the oil level and changing the oil in the tiller gearbox.
- Checking, cleaning, replacing the air filter.
- Sump cleaning.
- Cleaning, adjusting, replacing the spark plug.
- Adjusting the valves on the Lifan trailer.
- Cleaning the fuel tank.
It is important for maintenance to comply with the manufacturer’s fuel and oil requirements. What kind of oil to pour into the tiller engine is described in detail in the user manual. If the wrong oil or fuel is used, the tiller will malfunction. Maintenance must be carried out in accordance with the schedule in the instructions.
Main engine parts
In order to understand where the breakdown occurred and how to fix it, you should know what the Lifan engine consists of:
- Fuel tank.
- Lifan engine.
- Air filter.
These are the main parts of the Lifan engine, which are responsible for the smooth operation of the power unit. Consider the most common problems with starting and engine repair features.
Tiller Lifan running in
Running in the engine of the Lifan tiller allows you to prepare the cultivator for full operation with a full load of equipment. The purpose of the running-in is the running-in and grinding in of all elements of the power unit. The running process of the Lifan engine is as follows:
- Check oil level before starting engine.
- Fill the fuel tank.
- Run the tiller at medium speed.
- Within an hour, you need to test the car in all gears in turn.
- Use the cultivator to carry out all operations (plowing, cultivation, transportation) at medium speed and only on the previously plowed land.
- Change oil and refuel after running-in.
- MB is ready to work at full capacity.
It should be remembered that the running-in process is described in detail in the user manual. Before taking any action, read the manual and proceed as described.
Stopping the engine
If the Lifan tiller suddenly stalls during operation or startup, this may be due to one of three main reasons, namely:
- Malfunction of the ignition system, you need to adjust the ignition timing.
- Malfunction in the fuel supply system, identify the cause and eliminate.
- Compression failure Replace worn parts, adjust clearance or repair valve.
Advantages and disadvantages of Lifan tillers
Of the shortcomings, users highlight the need to quickly replace their own candles, and the strict observance of the rules of use and technical control. The rest of the Lifan tiller fully complies with the declared characteristics and, with proper maintenance, it works properly for a long time.
Fuel supply problems
This is the most common problem that novice tiller users may encounter. often than not, this is not a problem at all.
Remedy Fill the tank and open the valve.
If these measures do not help, you need to clean the air valve or fuel valve, it may be clogged. If these measures do not work, you may have filled in low-quality fuel that should be replaced. If the reason for the poor fuel supply is a broken needle valve or carburetor float, these engine parts need to be repaired.
Correct Tiller Valve Adjustment
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
For optimum performance of the vehicle, valve adjustment on the chiller is required. This procedure is mandatory and follows a special template. Different models have some features that need to be taken into account. If the tiller valves are adjusted, the gasoline engine must be fully prepared for further work.
How to adjust the valves
Each model has its own characteristics for the valve regulation process. But basically there is a standard process that is not much different in a step-by-step version. Procedure:
- Preparation of equipment and necessary tools;
- The casing is removed;
- After the flywheel, remove the valve cover;
- We regulate;
- Installing the cover and shroud.
The list of required tools may vary, depending on the brand and features of the motor. Standard requires a set of wrenches and screwdrivers, as well as a feeler gauge or small blade.
The process itself involves setting the gaps to the optimal size. In almost any instruction manual, the value is indicated. Each option has its own mechanism with its own parameters. This must be taken into account during operation and maintenance.
Together with the motor and all mechanisms, the transmission and chassis are installed. Only a full-fledged tuning process will bring the entire set of mechanisms to an optimal state.
The setup itself includes the following steps:
- After the valve cover is removed, the gap parameter is checked;
- The correct backlash should freely pass the probe under the valve;
- With the standard, the inlet type clearance is 0.15 mm, and the exhaust valve has a clearance of 0.2 mm;
- To adjust, loosening the fastening nuts;
- After achieving the result, the fastening nuts are tightened and the cover and casing are installed.
All procedures are performed strictly by a specialist or a person with sufficient experience. Different options have different indicators, but the procedure itself is standard. With any diagnosis, it is also necessary to check all systems. Further performance and efficiency of the entire device depends on this.
Various options for hand-assembled mechanisms depend only on the model range on the basis of which everything was assembled. Each type of agricultural equipment has its own level of parameters, which is necessary for effective work.
Features of a gasoline engine on tillers
The petrol engine on agricultural machinery is often the most problematic part. It has many features to consider when servicing and setting up. Features:
- There are two types of gasoline engines, two-stroke and four-stroke;
- Most of the parts are universal, but a number of mechanisms will require spare parts from the manufacturer;
- A complete installation is carried out with maintenance, which is performed at least once a year;
- Most of the engines are of Asian origin, but at the same time they are of sufficient quality and easy to maintain;
- For adjustment and other processes, you will need to have the necessary tools.
Here’s how to adjust the valve in the tiller:
In the device of tillers, the internal equipment occupies an important place, since the productivity of any work depends on it. It is recommended to service the equipment annually in special services, but additional installation will also be required after a period of inactivity or after prolonged operation.
This approach allows you to reduce wear on parts and keep your equipment in optimal condition.
Any misalignment will result in reduced power, wear on parts and permanent problems. You can also find out that the procedure was carried out incorrectly by the lack of stability during operation.
For each gasoline option, the verification process is governed by a number of points, including operational data described in the instructions, as well as brands and types of sets of parts. With different types, the level of necessary parameters may differ even with one brand of the equipment itself.
Valve adjustment has its own peculiarity
On Tiller Lifan
Valve adjustment on a Lifan trailer has its own characteristics. There are several power options for the motor, which have their own clearance parameters. Mostly used by Lifan 6.5. The size of the gaps is set as standard, that is, for the inlet 0.15, and for the outlet 0.2. The procedure itself is also carried out in accordance with the usual procedure.
Lifan is one of the models that does not need to be warmed up before testing. The technology is warmed up after the valve adjustment, when all the systems are checked as a whole. Another important point is the ability to contact a special service, since the brand is widespread.
Almost all Lifan modifications have a similar procedure. The only exceptions are self-assembly options that are created based on the model.
On Patriot Tiller
Valve adjustment on a Patriot trailer has its own nuances. It is worth considering that the Patriot has an identical Agro adjustment. The whole process is different from the standard plan, including for the Lifan brand. Setting:
- Warming up the engine and cooling it down;
- Removing the oil bath of the air filter;
- Unscrewing the casing, including all six bolts;
- The dead center (0) is located opposite the cylinder mark;
- The cover is removed on the valve system;
- Loosening the locknut and checking the backlash;
- Setting the required result and tightening the nut;
- Cover and casing installation;
- Checking work.
Using this system, you can vary the settings of the technique and adjust the required level of parameters.
After completing the setup, a full check of the device is required during operation.
The valves are regulated according to a standard plan that is provided for different models. Each type of engine has its own required parameters, which affects the features of the regulation. All requirements can be found in the instructions, as well as clarified in the service center, which is engaged in annual maintenance. Without a full inspection of the equipment, parts will receive additional wear and tear, and the equipment does not work efficiently.
Tiller adjustment: carburetor, valves, fuel system
This article describes the adjustment of the tiller, namely its main parts: the carburetor, valves and the fuel system. This process is not easy, so we have also attached some photos and. You can also read repair tips here.
Tiller carburetor adjustment
The instability of the tiller engine speed indicates that the carburetor needs adjustment. The need to perform this procedure, as a rule, arises before the start of the agricultural season, when the equipment has not been used for a long time, or after it, when the cultivator has been subjected to significant loads for a long period of time. Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to warm up the engine. The work process itself looks like this:
- The screws regulating low and maximum throttle are screwed in completely, after which they are loosened by about one and a half turns.
- The motor is started with a starting device or manually, and warms up for about 10 minutes.
- The lever that controls the operation of the power plant should be set to the minimum position, but the motor should not stop.
- The throttle throttle adjusting screw will help to adjust the minimum idle speed so that the diesel engine is stable, without extraneous noise and stops.
- The rotation of the screws makes it possible to precisely set the amount of combustible mixture that enters the motor.
- Tightening the screw contributes to the enrichment of the mixture, while unscrewing it, on the contrary, increases the volume of air entering the engine;
Using the idle screw, adjust the maximum idle speed. Proceed in the same way with minimum speed, using the throttle stop screw. The essence of such an adjustment is that the shutter screw allows you to adjust the angle to which it is closed;
The lever responsible for controlling the motor should be moved to the position “gas”. If the operation of the cultivator still cannot be called stable, the full throttle screw is adjusted until a perfect stroke is observed. However, the maximum permissible screw speed is 2.5.
The accuracy of carburetor adjustment can also be determined by how the spark plug looks after a short period of time under load. If the working mixture is ideal, then there will be no carbon deposits on the candle, no traces of fuel, which indicate too poor, or, conversely, too rich combustible mixture. However, it should be noted that carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the spark plug can indicate not only incorrect adjustment, but also more serious problems of the Chinese or domestic tiller, including faulty ignition or cooling system.
Tiller valve clearance adjustment
Over time, with significant loads, the valve clearance of the tiller engine changes. This may be due to wear on parts. Insufficient distance leads to the fact that the stages of gas distribution change significantly, as a result of which it is not possible to achieve a sufficient compression ratio, the power device works intermittently and does not reach the declared power. In particularly serious situations, even deformation of the valves can be observed. If the gap is too large, significant mechanical noises are recorded, the gas distribution phases also change significantly, the valves open for too short a time, due to which the cylinder does not fill properly, the power drops, and failures occur. Clearance adjustment is necessary as soon as the engine operation becomes incorrect or occurs with significant noise. Ideally, the engine being adjusted should be cooled down.
So, first you need to get to the flywheel. It is on this part that the value of the top dead center is marked. The flywheel is hidden under the cover, and therefore will have to be removed. Before removing the casing, the oil bath of the air filter is removed. It is possible to facilitate the task in the process of removing the casing if you fix all the latches with rubber bands. All bolted connections are unscrewed with a key, after which the cover can be removed without problems.
On the flywheel, you can see marks that indicate TDC, as well as values of 5, 10 and 20 degrees. The 20 degree mark indicates the injection of the combustible mixture. The flywheel should be brought under the top dead center, focusing on the appropriate division. The valve cover is unscrewed and removed.
In the process of adjustment, you need to use the following tools:
- Box key for 10;
- Blade 0.1 mm thick.
According to the technical data sheet, the valve clearance of the tiller engine is from 0.1 to 0.15 millimeters, and therefore with the help of a blade it can be adjusted very precisely. However, you need to pay attention to the fact that some blades are 0.8 mm thick, which is unacceptable. The exact value can be found with a micrometer or from the information on the manufacturer’s website. The adjustment is done as follows:
- We loosen the nut, insert the blade and begin to tighten;
- You should focus on the blade, carefully tightening the nut;
- The adjustment is carried out until the valve free travel is eliminated. It should fit snugly enough.
- In the reverse order, we assemble the casing, put the oil bath in place by hand.
If all manipulations are carried out without errors, then the engine will run smoothly and without unnecessary noise.
Tiller fuel system adjustment
If the fuel is not supplied to the cylinder, then, first of all, it is necessary to check if there is enough fuel in the tank. You also need to check whether it goes to the carburetor. For this, a hose is removed from the inlet connection of the device. If we are talking about a carburetor of the K45 type, you should press on its quencher so that the fuel starts to pour out through the drain hole.
If fuel does not enter the carburetor, then you need to turn off the fuel supply valve, completely disassemble it and remove accumulations of dirt from the mechanical filter. To achieve maximum cleanliness, all components must be treated with gasoline. The fuel cock is assembled and returned to its original location.
If fuel enters the carburetor, but is not supplied to the cylinders, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the fuel valve, as well as the presence of dirt on the jets.
To deal with the carburetor of a gasoline tiller of the KMB-5 type, you need to remove it from the engine and pour out the fuel from the float chamber. Through the fitting (see figure), with the help of which the gasoline is supplied, it is necessary to supply the air mixture, having previously installed the carburetor in the operating position. The air passage should go unhindered, and when the carburetor is turned over, it should completely stop. These features indicate the full performance of the part.
Figure: 2. Carburetor KMB-5
Details in the picture: 1 fuel supply connection; 2 upper body; 3 throttle valve; 4 idle needle; 5 jet; 6 lower body; 7 air damper; 8 screw fixing the tie; 9 needle of maximum gas; 10 spray element; 11 float; 12 fuel supply valve.
The fuel level inside the float chamber can be adjusted using the float tab. Ideally, it should range from 3 to 3.5 centimeters.
To purge the jets, the full and idle screws must be unscrewed. Cleaning the carburetor parts begins by unscrewing the screws holding the upper housing. The lower body is removed, the fuel supply valve is flushed with gasoline, and the dirt from the nozzles is blown out by a pump. It is necessary to check if the float is intact. It is absolutely impossible to use rags in the cleaning process.
After completing the cleaning, the housings are connected. It is necessary to check that the spray tube is clearly inserted into the hole located on the upper body. Open the throttle valve and check how well the assembly is done. The screws that secure the upper case are tight. After the assembly process is completely completed, the carburetor should be adjusted. This will significantly improve the performance of a heavy tiller with attachments, since perfect adjustment of all its parts is required for correct operation.
If the carburetor DM 1.08.100 is installed on the engine of the cultivator, then the procedure for adjusting it will be as follows:
- Screw in screw 10 (Fig. 3) at idle until it stops and unscrew it half a turn.
- Then you need to tighten the full throttle screw 9, unscrew it completely by 2 turns.
- Unscrew screw 4 (Fig. 4) of the minimum engine speed right up to the stop of the lever against the bore of the carburetor body and tighten it by 2 turns.
- Start the tiller engine, then adjust stable operation at maximum speed after warming up with screw 9.
Do not allow disengagement of the engine control lever, move it to the position of minimum throttle (rpm) and by unscrewing screw 10 set stable idle rpm. This completes the setup.
That is, in principle, all the repairs. The main points of adjusting the main parts of the tiller are considered. Use our manual (instruction) and prevent faults. Enjoy adjusting your tiller or cultivator!