Tile Cutter Angle Grinder
Combination wheels combine dry and wet cutting capabilities. This nozzle is a cross between solid and segmented discs. In terms of cut quality, it is inferior to solid modifications, but outperforms segmented ones. As for the time of continuous operation, it requires breaks more often than segment, but less often than continuous.
Do not use water cooling on the combination disc. It does not withstand temperature changes, it expands unevenly under the influence of liquid, which is fraught with rupture.
Tile cutting disc
Experienced tilers claim that the most convenient and efficient tile trimmer is the angle grinder, popularly referred to as the angle grinder. The main functional load in the unit falls on a replaceable cutting element, which is a disc of a given diameter and modification. How to choose the right disc for cutting tiles, what determines the price of a part, and how to work correctly with a cutting tool.
What determines the price of a circle?
Replaceable elements designed for the processing of hard materials are usually diamond-coated, which gives the cutting edge extra strength. It is the diamond coating that significantly increases the cost of nozzle wheels. But they are also the strongest and most durable, easily cope with complex processing tasks.
A more simplified option is a stone disc designed for sawing a small amount of tiles. It costs much less, but wears out faster, creates a lot of dust and does not allow achieving high processing accuracy.
Professional wheels for cutting with a diameter from 125 mm to 350 mm are also distinguished by a high cost. They are distinguished by their maximum durability, excellent spraying and cutting quality, even with regular use. Such attachments can be used to cut not only tiles, but also marble, granite massifs and even reinforced concrete.
Getting rid of dust
One of the disadvantages of an angle grinder is the large amount of dust generated during the sawing process. Here are a few life hacks to help reduce dust:
- Do not cut through the entire thickness of the tile. just make a small groove, and then just break the tile along the mowing line of the cut.
- Use wet cutting or water cooling to keep debris from flying.
- Get a vacuum cleaner designed for construction needs.
- Cut off the top of the plastic canister.
- Cut a round hole in the side for the vacuum cleaner hose.
- Place workpiece and angle grinder over the container.
- Switch on the vacuum cleaner and cut over the hood.
Types of discs for cutting porcelain stoneware and ceramic tiles
Several types of angle grinder discs are suitable for cutting tiles. made of stone or diamond-coated metal. There are several models in the line of diamond discs. solid, segmented, combined. They can be used not only for making simple cuts, but also for finer curly processing of the product.
Solid dry cutters
Unlike segmented circles, these circles have a flat surface, which makes them versatile. an angle grinder with a solid attachment can not only perform cuts, but also process the edge of the tile with the side of the disc. The absence of slots makes the wheel incapable of continuous work. it can rotate for a maximum of 15 seconds, after which a break of half a minute is required. If there is a need to cut tiles for longer, it will be advisable to use water cooling.
There are three options for supplying water to the work area:
- attract an assistant who will pour liquid from a plastic bottle;
- attach a special nozzle to the body;
- using clamps, screw the armored hose connected to the water supply to the casing.
But water must be used very carefully. if liquid gets under the body of the device, you can get an electric shock.
Segmented dry cutters
In segmented dry cutters, functional slots are provided along the perimeter, directed from the cutting edge to the center hole. Radial cutouts allow free expansion of heated metal and more efficient heat dissipation by air cooling. This allows for a longer continuous rotation time. the segmented angle grinder can work for 1-1.5 minutes with a 20-second pause.
Fine work disc
For those tile elements where you need to achieve high accuracy and a certain cut configuration, it is recommended to choose a disc more carefully. It is better to use a circle with a small thickness. about 1.5 mm. It will facilitate manipulation with an angle grinder, will not make a wide cut and will not damage fragile tiles.
The result of the work largely depends on the cutting technique. To create oval shapes, the angle grinder makes short cuts tangentially to the outer contour, trying to cut off excess areas.
It is important to know
Modern manufacturers offer a variety of equipment models, so it will not be difficult to find a specific model of equipment in the regions (as well as companies or specialists who will quickly and efficiently perform the work). But you need to remember some of the nuances.
Things to keep in mind when cutting concrete:
- Wall saws are not used in multi-storey panel-type buildings because of the risk of flooding the lower floors with water. Also, the machine is not suitable for working in a confined space, if necessary, perform small volumes of cut.
- To reduce noise, you can cut openings in parts (at least 6 parts). In this case, the price of work rises and depends on the number of cut pieces.
- All holes / openings in the supporting structures are made only by certified companies and in strict accordance with the rules.
- Legalization of hatches / openings in load-bearing walls requires an appeal to state authorities with the provision of a full package of documents.
Dust-free concrete cutting is a complex task that can only be partially achieved. It is very difficult to get rid of dust completely, but its amount can be significantly reduced thanks to the correct choice of equipment and nozzles, the cutting method, as well as the use of a construction vacuum cleaner and the creation of special devices for collecting dust.
Precautions when cutting bricks with a machine
Any precision construction equipment requires extreme care. In order to exclude possible injuries, the following rules of safe use must be observed:
- operate the machine exclusively on level, horizontal surfaces. The position of the worker must be stable;
- do not use a machine that cuts bricks for wood processing;
- before use, it is mandatory to train personnel in the basic elements of working with cutting equipment;
- it is unacceptable to work without knowledge of safety rules;
- be sure to wear personal protective equipment for breathing, hearing and vision. This is a visor, glasses, respirator, headphones, and more;
- it is forbidden to work with a disassembled, partially or completely, machine. And also in the absence of grounding, without insulation or its malfunction;
- diamond discs must be of the highest quality and correspond to the material being cut;
- work only in well-ventilated rooms;
The construction tools market offers a huge selection of brick cutting machines at various prices. The choice of such equipment is a responsible business, so it is not worth saving. It is better to purchase a branded machine that is guaranteed to last for many years.
Brick cutting machine: characteristics of the device and its components
Brick cutting is a necessary process inherent in the construction of any object. The use of a whole brick allows you to create monolithic flat surfaces that are distinguished by excellent qualities of reliability and durability. However, it is not always possible to use a whole product, since there are places where it simply will not enter or will fall out of the appearance of the building, violating its integrity. Such places are corner structures or places of various transitions and many others. It is to fulfill such features that a solid product is subject to cutting, which for many years was carried out by hand, and only recently a product appeared on the market that allows not only saving human labor, but also significantly simplifying it. Such a device is considered a specialized machine, the purpose of which is to cut bricks.
Today, such devices are widely known and are produced by various companies, both European brands and unknown Chinese brands. Some craftsmen generally learned how to make machines for cutting bricks with their own hands. At the same time, the best solution is still to purchase professional equipment that will serve faithfully for many years.
Brick cutting machine diagram.
The device itself consists of the following structural elements:
- steel frame with disc;
- water tank;
- fixing legs;
- brick cutting table;
As you can see from the structure of the structure, it is not particularly complicated, and one can only guess why no one has made such an object before, thereby simplifying the life of builders all over the world.
Advantages of a brick cutting machine and parameters to pay attention to when buying a machine
The brick cutting machine is a fairly practical and reliable device.
However, its use in the construction of small buildings can hardly be justified in any way. First of all, a similar apparatus requires significant investment, so its use in private construction is simply impractical. Basically, such products are used for the construction of large-scale objects, where they pay off with interest. Among the advantages of such products, the following factors are distinguished, which allowed it to acquire such wide popularity:
- high productivity of the device;
- minimum dust level;
- cut accuracy;
- the ability to give the product any shape and size.
Always wear protective goggles when working with the machine.
All these advantages have contributed to the fact that such machines have become almost indispensable in the implementation of construction work. Another advantage is the fact that they can work with various types of materials, from brick to natural stone.
At the same time, you also need to be able to choose a machine for cutting bricks. Various models of similar products have a different cost for a reason. If you do not take into account the Chinese counterparts, which have the lowest price, and focus only on the proven trademarks of European manufacturers, then you can trace the dependence of the price category on the parameters of the device. The list of technical features that you should pay special attention to when buying such products is as follows:
- device power;
- diameter of the diamond wheel;
- length of the canvas;
- maximum cutting depth;
- the ability to work at an angle;
- geometric parameters of the apparatus.
The above criteria are the main features that require closer examination. Only knowing all the necessary parameters, you can be sure of purchasing a high-quality and most efficient device. In addition, having an understanding of the necessary qualities of the device, making the right choice will not be difficult.
How to cut tiles using Angle grinder
We study machines for cutting and sawing bricks: characteristics, reviews and comparison
When building any object, you cannot do without the use of special technical devices. Modern builders use a variety of equipment that greatly facilitates and speeds up the process. Among the devices required at the construction site are machines for cutting bricks and other materials. They are comfortable, lightweight, even beginners without experience can handle them.
The machine with which the brick is cut fits easily in the machine, so transporting it is not a hassle. It is also suitable for cutting any natural stone and building material, be it ceramics, concrete, limestone or the like. Indispensable when processing small blocks of raw materials, facing tiles.
Concrete cutting with wall saws
Wall saws are used to cut concrete on larger scale and complex jobs. Less dust than an angle grinder, much higher productivity and efficiency.
Features of cutting a concrete monolith with a wall saw:
- Diamond cutting of this type is characterized by a large cutting depth, therefore it is used for industrial cutting of hatches / openings, other elements with heavy reinforcement in partitions, walls, floor slabs. Works are carried out in the shortest possible time.
- To accomplish the task, you need to provide free one-way access from 30-35 centimeters.
- It takes a lot of water for cooling (up to 15 liters per minute), so it should be possible to replenish stocks.
- Waste water can be collected with a standard vacuum cleaner.
- To operate the equipment, you need an alternating current network with a capacity of 32A and a voltage of 380V.
Is there a technology for cutting concrete without noise and dust
Thinking about how to cut concrete, you need to take care of reducing the amount of dust that inevitably appears in the process of performing work. In certain cases, nothing can be done and you have to work in difficult conditions, but in others it is quite possible to remove dust. The main thing is not to violate safety requirements and use proven methods.
Cutting concrete is a targeted mechanical action on the monolith by rotating parts of the tool. Cutting is not accompanied by impact noise, but it always involves noise from the electric motor of the tool drive and the operation of its moving parts, which cut a groove in a stone or cut reinforcement, cut into pieces, etc.
Different methods are used to cut concrete. manual, machine, wet and dry. The first two are due to the type of tool chosen, wet assumes the effect of water on the cutting part and on the concrete surface itself, the dry method does not use water supply. Regardless of the chosen cutting method, the amount of dust accompanying the process is always large enough.
The most common methods for cutting concrete are:
- Diamond cutting of partitions and walls with hand tools (angle grinder and others).
- Diamond cutting using a stationary wall saw.
- Diamond cutting with floor saws.
- Use for cutting rope.
When using a hand tool (most often an angle grinder), you can connect a construction vacuum cleaner to it, which will suck in almost all the dust that appears during the cutting process. If there is no possibility of connecting the tool to the vacuum cleaner, everything can be done by hand.
What you need to create an adapter for a construction vacuum cleaner:
- Sewer outlet made of polypropylene with a diameter of 50 millimeters, at 45 degrees.
- Reinforced tape (it is more reliable).
- High quality masking tape.
The process of creating a dust extraction attachment:
- Place the angle grinder as firmly as possible on a table or floor so that it lies upside down with a disc parallel to the plane of the base.
- Take the branch with pliers or a clamp, turn on the angle grinder and “saw” the branch pipe along the body, 3 centimeters under the tool casing.
- Reinforced with tape very tightly, in tightness, tie the bend to the body of the angle grinder, slightly going into the saw blade (a few centimeters). The fixing of the branch pipe must be secure so that it is fixed firmly.
- Glue the open side of the casing with masking tape, thus connecting it to the outlet. Then you can connect a construction vacuum cleaner and remove dust during operation.
Such a system of design changes in the tool does not imply, but before using it, it is advisable to consult with a representative of the manufacturer for the possibility of making improvements.